|1. GOODBABY||2. Babysense||3. HelloBaby|
Baby monitors allow you to keep an eye and ears on your baby for example,when they are sleeping and you are not near them. So, you can save a track on them while you are busy doing chores in a different part of the house. You can rush back to your baby when he/ she cry or wake up.
Audio monitors were the first baby monitors that send transmissions using radio frequency from the baby nursery to the parents monitor to hear their baby’s sound. In video monitors, parents can not only hear the sound, but they can also see the baby. While movement ones are much smarter, and they may or may not include audio-video features.
Here, we have shortlisted 25 best long range baby monitors after carefully evaluating them. We have also listed the factors that will help you choose the baby monitor with the best range and some FAQs to answer all your queries.
Top 25 Best Long Range Baby Monitors 2020
1. GOODBAY Video Baby Monitor
This baby monitor by GOODBAY provides you with high quality 2.4” LCD Display and crystal clear picture. Batteries are long-lasting, and on power-saving mode, they can operate up to 12-hours and 8 hours when the display is on continuously.
It also features 2.4 GHz, Wireless Digital Transmission, and real-time video. The infrared night vision of the monitor allows you to see your baby sleeping in a dark room. It also comes with room temperature monitoring, which lets you adjust the comfortable temperature of your baby.
They also equip it with a high sensitivity microphone and a high-quality speaker that allows you two-way communication. It provides you a signal up to 1000 ft when you are in an open space or a large home. It is very easy to install and convenient to use.
- Invisible IR night vision
- It has an alarm function and two-way talk
- Remote temperature display
- Sleek design and portable.
- Expandable up to 4 cameras
- You can use it on screen and off
- Audio-only mode saves battery
- Powerful range and a clear picture
- Easy to install and convenient to use
- Value for money
- The camera does not rotate
- You can’t adjust volume or color contrast
2. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
When you are doing other important chores, and your baby is alone, you cannot concentrate on anything because you are worried about what your baby must be doing. To take away, your worry Babysense monitors are one of the best long-range baby monitors.
They come with 2.4 Inch High-Quality Color LCD Display, and therefore they provide you with high-quality streaming. It also features a secured hacking-free connection, two-way audio, lullaby sounds, long range up to 900 feet without wifi that frees it from hacking.
You can also comfort your baby using your sound. The latest infrared night vision technology allows you to see your baby day and night both. It also comes with 2x digital zoom, auto night vision, room temperature alert, and eco mode voice activation. Some other significant features are sound activated LEDs, Alarm/Timer Setting, expandable multi-camera up to 4 cameras, and table-top plus wall mounting option.
- Secured and private connection
- High-quality sound and picture
- Two-way Communication
- ECO Mode Voice Activation
- Adjustable brightness / volume
- Comes with battery level indicator
- Li-ion Battery intelligent charging
- It is a portable unit
- A one-year warranty
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Trusted and ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 (medical devices) certified brand
- Batteries drain quickly
3. Hellobaby Video Baby Monitor
It is a baby monitor with the best range and superior quality, color LCD display and high definition streaming. It comes with a secured interference-free connection. It has crystal clear digital vision & sound that makes user experience excellent. You can use their two-way communication to calm your baby with your voice.
They also have inbuilt lullabies for babies with white sounds. This monitor has an ultra-long-range camera that allows you to stay connected with your baby from 960 feet in open space. The monitor also features cutting-edge auto infrared night vision, temperature alert, 2x digital zoom, Tilt (60 degrees) eco mode voice activation, and sound-activated LED indicators, and alarm/timer settings.
- Long-range and out of range warning
- 2x digital zoom to see your baby closely
- You can pair it up with four cameras
- It also has auto infrared night vision and night light
- Two-way communication
- Easy to install
- The monitor of the parenting unit is a bit small
4. Moonbaby Trust 30 Non-WiFi Baby Monitor
The monitor comes paired with two cameras and can be linked to up to 4 cameras. It is a wireless and secured digital technology. They built the monitor to ensure a private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. It has a 2.4 GHz interference-free signal that works between rooms and floors, and you don’t need any WI-FI signal for the same.
The best part is it can cover 1000ft in an open area. It also features a talk back option that allows you to talk to the baby when the need arises. It can operate for eight hours at a power-saving mode, and you can see the video at a stretch for six hours.
- Two-way communication
- 8 to 6 hours of battery life
- Automatic night vision
- Five built-in lullabies
- Baby room temperature alert
- Zoom in, long range, and power saving
- Two cameras- for the same price
- High-quality Microphone
- Talk back option available
- Private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor
- Battery life not good
5. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
If you are one of those parents who get worried about the child’s slightest move, then the best long-range baby monitors from baby sense are what you need. They are premium monitors with an HD camera that will provide you some assurance, when you are not near your kid. It monitors your baby 24x 7, also with night vision. The two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds helps to calm your baby remotely.
These monitors have many added features to make your choice more comfortable, such as 720 HD image quality, large 5″ LCD, superb audio, night vision, and room temperature alert. It can pan (350°), and tilt (70°), and you can also double-zoom at a 960ft range.
- Compatible with multiple-camera
- Built-in recorded lullaby
- IR night vision
- Increased battery life and a power-saving mode
- You get a remote control with pan and tilt
- HD display and 2x Magnification for high-quality picture
- The monitor volume is slightly low
6. Moonybaby Split 55 Video Baby Monitor
They are baby monitors with the best range, split-screen. If you have installed two different cameras in different rooms, split-screen will allow you to view both and hear one place’s sound, a unique feature. You can use the remote control to pan, tilt, and zoom. It guarantees a private and secure connection.
It features two-way back option; this enables you to talk to your partner or the baby. The camera can be wall mounted to monitor the minute’s movement of the baby.
- Split Screen and digital camera
- A remote control pan and tilt
- Large screen monitor
- Extra 170 degree wide-angle lens
- You get automatic night vision
- Allows you to control volume
- You can switch between two cameras
- Shortcut button to split screen
- You can move the camera while using a monitor
- It has no WiFi
7. VTech VM3252 Video Baby Monitor
These monitors have a high-resolution screen, a 2.8-inch color LCD, and an adjustable camera angle, and a two-way, talk-back intercom. The soothing lullabies keep your baby comfy. Night vision allows you a clear vision, and built-in temperature alerts you when your baby is not comfortable.
You can use the infrared night vision to get the footage of the baby movement at night. The talk back intercom keeps you connected with your baby and makes your voice audible to the baby from a distance. The audio -visual indicator alerts you every time the baby needs you.
- No set up required
- It has a 1000ft long range
- 2 Way Talk
- 5 calming lullabies and 4 ambient sound
- Temperature Sensor will alert the parent
- Automatically switches to infrared night vision
- Six level audio indicator
- You can’t mute it
8. Babysense Baby Monitor, With Night Vision
Parents have a sense of calmness when their child is under their supervision, even when they are at a distance, and that’s what you get when you install these monitors. These best long-range baby monitors come with high quality and 4.3″ high-quality split-screen display. It also has two pan tilt zoom cameras that add to your comfort.
If your baby does not go off to sleep after hearing the in-built lullabies, then you can resort to two–way talk back audio to comfort your munchkin with your voice.
- Hack-free connection
- High-quality digital vision & sound
- Auto infrared night vision
- 2x digital zoom with remote pan & tilt
- 2 way talk back audio
- Built-in lullabies with white noise sounds
- You can pan, tilt or zoom the camera
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- Zoom needs improvement
9. VTech VM350 Video Baby Monitor
If you want to keep a check on your little one, this monitor with a large, 5-inch LCD screen with Color and Automatic Night Vision is a perfect selection. With multiple viewing options of this camera, you can watch your baby anywhere. It is one of the best long-range baby monitors that provide value for money.
The camera angle is adjustable, so you can monitor the baby the way you want. The temperature indicator on the parent unit lets you know when it’s time to adjust the thermostat.
- Plug and Play, no installation rquired
- It covers 1,000 feet of range
- Two-way, talk-back intercom can help to comfort your baby
- 9-level sound indicator on the parent unit
- Volume control button on the parent unit
- There are some issues with night mode
10. Moonybaby Trust 50-2 Non-WiFi Baby Monitor
If you are tight on budget and you want a baby monitor with all the advanced functions, then this one is a perfect option. It is easy to use, and is affordable when compared to many other brands, and most of the buyers have given a satisfactory review of the product.
It has a secured connection between the camera and the monitor. It is also compatible to four cameras. You can use scan mode or view mode to view between cameras.
- Two cameras can be mounted in different rooms
- Link your monitor with 4 cameras
- Hacking free connection
- Strong 2.4Ghz interference-free signal for bigger houses
- It comes with talk back function
- Long battery life
- Allow you to zoom in
- Voice activation
- It comes with power saving mode
- No split screen is available with this product
11. Upgraded – Babysense Video Baby Monitor
If you are looking for a best long range baby monitor, with highest quality and advanced features then this is the one you need. You can sit back and relax or do your work when your baby is sleeping in a different room and you can still view him on your monitor.
The latest 2.4GHz FHSS Technology enables greater stability, secure connectivity and a detailed digital vision and sound.
- 3.5” high definition color baby monitor
- 2.4GHz FHSS Technology for secure connection
- Advanced 2-way talk back
- Built-in lullabies
- White noise sounds
- Ultra-long range
- Out-of-range warning
- Infrared night vision
- Image becomes grainy when zoomed
12. Moonybaby Value 100 Baby Monitor
If you want to soothe your baby when he is up, or if you want him to calm down with lullabies when he is cranky and you are stuck in some work, all these time you need the baby monitor with best range. You can get a signal from a wide range of 1000ft of open area. Even if you busy in the kitchen or living room, you can monitor your baby from there.
- Plug & play system, no installation required
- Comes with motorized pan tilt zoom
- High definition videos with 2x zoom
- Remote control operation
- Long range up to 1000 feet of range
- 2 way talk
- Night vision
- Sound activation mode
- No mute button
13. VTech VM3261 Baby Monitor
If you love to talk to your baby when you are in a different room doing something else, then it is a great option. It also allows you to play soothing sounds and different lullabies to your baby. Long range will keep you connected even if you are in a bigger house.
Fully motorized pan & tilt camera allows remote control from the parent unit, which will enable to check on your baby while sleep or playful.
- Ready to use, no installation needed
- Comes with fully motorized pan tilt zoom
- Long Range with up to 1000 feet of range
- 2 Way Talk
- Soothing Sounds and 5 Lullabies
- White noise and a trickling stream
- Sound and Temperature Sensor
- Allows you to reduce volume to only level one
14. SereneLife USA Video Baby Monitor
It is a long range monitor that lets you monitor your baby from anywhere in the house, anytime of the day. With easy-to-use features and advance technology, this is one of the best long rage baby monitors. You can also comfort your baby remotely, by a simple press and hold monitor baby camera audio button. The amazing feature of this device is 24 hour battery life.
- It comes with range 850” long distance
- 2 4 GHZ wireless frequency is more reliable than cameras that work with home
- Comes with WiFi
- Enable VOX mode
- Digital screen will sleep while you detect no sound signals
- No unwanted screen glow in night
- You can set up an alarm in these monitors
- Two-way walkie talkie mode
- 24 Hour battery life
- You cannot connect with other monitors
15. Mustang TimeFlys Audio Baby Monitor
Keep your baby calm with lullabies and give him hugs and sooth him when he/she is up. This monitor will keep an eye on your babies for all the activities and you won’t miss a moment with your child. The best part is, the acoustics and vibration work interchangeably to help parents stay alert.
- This monitor comes with rechargeable NiHM batteries
- Charge it with Micro USB connection
- FHSS Digital Technology
- Temperature sensor and acoustic alarm
- Play 8 lullabies to keep him/her calm
- Low battery and out-of-range alarm
- Cannot dim your parents unit light
16. Moonybaby Trust 50 Video Baby Monitor
Why worry when you can monitor your baby from anywhere and anytime. Buy a Moonbaby monitor with advanced features and cherish all the moments of life. It not only has a long range, auto night vision, talk back facility, but it also has a long battery life.
- It comes ready with camera wall mount
- 5 different lullabies
- User-friendly interface
- Power saving and VOX mode
- Issues in monitor and battery after a few months usage
17. Babynurs Baby Monitor
Why compromise with cheap product when you can get best quality baby monitor within your budget. This monitor has all the functions you can imagine. What more, the manufacturers are so confident that they offer a 45 day’s money-back guarantee and 12 months warranty. If you don’t like it, you can always return it.
- Easy to use and install
- Strong signal
- Clear image
- Rechargeable battery and two way audio
- Feeding time alert
- It has a VOX sensititvity adjustment (low/mid/ high)
- The cord of the camera is short
18. Moobybaby Value Baby Monitor
Baby monitors make your life easier and your baby’s life safer, but when advanced features and technologies are also combined with these monitors, then the comfort level of parents is increased. With these monitors you can see your child, hear his sound when you are cooking, doing laundry or gardening. You can also rush back to your baby when he/she wakes up or when he/she is in a cranky mood.
- Portable, easy to use with a rechargeable battery
- No need of wi-fi makes it secured
- Clear picture in both day and night
- You can switch between camera feeds
- It cannot pan the camera remotely
19. SereneLife Wireless Baby Monitor
This monitor comes with a black stylish rechargeable video smart watch, which makes it unique. It also has 1.54” inch digital screen. You also get PTT voice messaging, along with time, date, and alarm clock to set alarms for your naps or for the feeding time. All these features along with all the other smart features such as night vision, talkback, musical melodies and lullabies make it unique.
- The smart baby monitor with the smart-watch
- The infrared night vision camera to see him in the night
- Built-in microphone and speaker to talk
- Musical lullabies or melodies comfort babies
- It has a wireless range of 2.4 GHZ.
- Battery life is not good
20. BESTHING Baby Monitor
This budget-friendly device is a masterpiece to baby monitor with best range. Its 4X zoom specially is the take away of this piece. The 3.5 inch LCD screen provides large and crystal clear display. Almost all the buyers have given it 5 star ratings and positive reviews so you can buy it with no fear.
- Adjustable Brightness
- Adjustable Volume
- Pan & Tilt
- No complicated wi-fi or app downloaded
- Alarm clock
- Long-Lasting Battery-life
- 4x Digital Zoom
- ECO Mode
- No remote control for camera
21. Moonybaby Split 60 Video Baby Monitor
This Moonybaby split screen monitor is again one of the special pieces because of its long 12 hours battery life, which is expandable if you use power saving mode. Another take away feature is its user-friendly nature. You can easily install it, and it connects to camera automatically.
- 4.3” screen
- High-resolution display
- Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera
- Wide-angle lens included
- Auto night vision
- Compatible to 2 cameras
- Screen Split allows you to watch both cameras at same time
- 1000ft range
- 12 hours battery life
- Easy set up
- Camera easily loses signal
22. Campark Baby Monitor
This baby monitor will allow you to get some rest and you will sleep peacefully because it only alerts you when baby makes a sound. It is a user-friendly interface with prominent features and value for money. This is portable baby monitor, equipped with 2.4GHz technology.
- Clear Image
- Sable connection
- long range of 1000ft
- Night vision
- Adjustable volume
- Temperature detection
- It makes a humming sound
23. KODAK Cherish C225 Video Baby Monitor
Kodak is amongst the well-known brand in the world of camera manufacturing and filming. You can trust its products blindly and bring them home. This monitor comes with Kodak replacement guarantee program so you have no reason to worry about the quality.
- Reliable and rechargeable batteries
- Get notifications on your phone
- It can pan, tilt , zoom
- It covers 750 ft range
- It can monitor from other devices
- Some buyers don’t like the screen quality
24. KODAK Cherish Video Baby Monitor
Are you not sure which baby monitor to buy? Then worry not and pick this Kodak make baby monitor because it comes with Kodak quality guarantee, hence if you find any issue you can always replace your product. This reliable, portable device can tilt, pan, or zoom in to inspect. It also has five hour battery life in both camera and the monitor.
- Very stylish camera
- Large 5” screen
- HD baby monitor
- Night vision, and wifi connectivity
- Wall mountable design
- Kodak quality guarantee
- It does not stays connected
25. Axvue Video Baby Monitor
This monitor has a powerful and innovative design and it comes with two HD cameras that make it special. You can easily use this system and install it in minutes. The picture resolution is compatible to HD standard with a one-key-fast-operation.
- 2 HD cameras two provides clear display
- Split screen feature
- Long battery life up to 15 hours
- 1000ft range
- Built-in sensor to switch on the light mode
- Anti-hack feature
- Red light in front of the camera is annoying.
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Long Range Baby Monitor
If you are looking for the best long-range baby monitors to keep your baby safe and never leave him unattended, here are some factors that can help select the right one.
1. Types Of Monitors
There are different types of best long range baby monitors, which are audio monitors, video monitors, and movement monitor. An audio monitors help you hear your baby cry when they are up, and they are cheap. Video or camera monitor can pan, tilt or zoom to capture videos. Some might have bigger screens and some smaller ones. These monitors are expensive, and their price range will keep on increasing with the additional features.
The movement monitors are more medically sound as they let you know if your baby has moved in the last 20 seconds or not. They can also determine the baby’s movement and their breathing. These monitors are known to protect babies from SIDS or cot death.
2. Signals Range
The range determines how far you can travel with your unit and receive a perfect signal. The signal range can vary from 15 meters to 80 meters. They design the digital monitors with a microprocessor that allows only you to hear your baby’s room’s sounds. Some brands offer accurate, powerful signals from a different room. It is best to opt for that product.
3. Type Of Property
It is better to consider your property type when selecting a monitor. Properties with thicker walls like old mansions will need a stronger monitor in monitor than today’s apartments’ construction.
4. DECT Technology
It is a technology for voice-only communication, and it allows you to have the best quality sound only. But analogue monitors don’t have DETC quality, as it is only available in digital monitors. Choose a product keeping this in mind.
5. Rechargeable Batteries And Battery Life
If you buy a monitor with tons of features in it, but it has short battery life, it becomes a real trouble. It would help if you always chose a monitor with a long battery life up to 12 – 14 hours and rechargeable batteries so you don’t have to keep buying batteries.
6. Multiple And Moveable Handset Receivers
Selecting a handset receiver could be troublesome, because you can’t take it with you to different places. So look for portable handsets. Also, monitors with multiple receivers are good alternatives as you can either place them in separate rooms or charge one while you are using other.
7. Night Vision Feature
Babies sleep comfortably when the light of the room is dim or dark. If your video monitor has a poor night vision, it makes no point to monitor baby cam. Hence best long range baby monitors not only have night vision, but they also let you adjust screen brightness.
8. Sound And Video Filters Features
There is no point in having a baby monitor if you don’t get clear sound and pictures or get ambiance sounds. Therefore, get a baby monitor with sound and video filters.
9. The Light-Up Sound Indication Feature
It is a feature that flashes a light when the baby makes a sound. It comes handy when your handset is on mute or on low sound.
10. Sound Activation Feature
It is a feature that turns on the monitor only when baby’s sound is detected. It is a great feature because it lets you eliminate ambiance noises in the night from the baby’s room.
11. Easy Return Policy
It is important to check the return and exchange policy of the brand or the portal you are buying your monitor from. It usually mentioned with product description or on the back of the receipt. If you are not happy return or exchange the product. If it’s not, then exchange it for another model.
The essential features are listed above and keep in mind all these factors when buying monitors.
FAQs on Long Range Baby Monitors
Q1. How Much Can A Baby Monitor Cost?
The cost of a baby monitor will depend upon the number of features it has in it. But having too many parts does not mean that it is also safe for your baby. You can get the best long range baby monitors can come between 50 dollars to 300 dollars. You can easily find the baby monitor that will fall in your budget.
Q2. Do People With Small Houses Need Baby Monitors?
Yes, even if you don’t opt for a video baby monitor, you can purchase a regular one. In small houses, we can hear the sounds, so a normal digital monitor is enough.. If you have thick walls; you might not hear your baby well. Instead of thinking about your baby while you are doing your work, having a baby monitor is a good idea.
Q3. How To Use Baby Monitors Safely?
Here are few steps to use your baby monitors safely:
- Hiding of power cords: Keeping cords away from kids is a must. It is mandatory that all the cords should be at least three feet away from kids. Also, the cords shouldn’t be hanging around the child.
- Monitor placement: It’s better to keep them at a few feet distance and never place them on the crib. Also don’t misinterpret movement monitors to SIDS prevention monitors. According to American Academy of Pediatrics, these monitors can’t prevent SIDS as they cannot detect breathing problems they can only detect moments.
- Monitors are not a replacement to adult supervision: Parental supervision is required to ensure the safety of the child, even when you have a baby monitor. When baby is awake be with him/her because accidents are unwarranted and monitors can’t prevent them.
Q4. How Many Handset Receivers Parents Need?
Number of handsets depends on the size of your home and where all you want to place them. For example, you can keep separate handset receivers for different floors. Multi handsets come handy when one is plugged for charging, and you can use the substitute. You can also use portable handsets if your house is too big.
Q5. What Should Be The Range Of Monitor?
The range of your monitor will depend on the size of your property and the make of your property. If you have thicker walls, multiple floors, or walls you might need higher signal frequency and range, if it is small you will need smaller range. Test the monitors after purchasing them. All the companies mention the range in the packaging.
Best Long Range Baby Monitors – Final Thought
When selecting best long range baby monitors don’t get very overwhelmed. Always remember one thing, that need of all the babies and moms is different and so are the needs of homes so, you can be the best judge to decide which best long range baby monitor is good for you. But if you have any confusion, you can refer to our guide and select the one that fits all your needs.