|1. Enfamil||2. Happy Organic||3. Enfamil|
No wonder you are here to know about the best organic baby formulas since every parent desire to provide the best nutrition to their babies. What you put in your child’s tummy now is the precursors for their growth and development. No parent would want to feed their baby with a formula that is formulated with ingredients that can hamper their health and growth. It is, therefore, advisable to use the best organic baby formula as they are healthier when compared to most of the baby foods available in the market.
The best organic baby formulas are made of ingredients that are free from chemicals, hormones, and pesticides. Choosing the right organic formula from thousands that are available in the market can be a daunting task. To ease out your confusion and to help you to find the ideal one for your baby, here is a complete guide with reviews of the best products available in the market.
Top 20 Best Organic Baby Formulas 2022
1. Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Milk-Based Powder
The Enfamil NeueroPro Gentlease baby formula is clinically proven to reduce crying, fussiness, and baby gas within 24 hours. It contains MFGM that helps in developing the brain, and it also supports cerebral growth similar to breast milk. Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease is the only infant baby formula that is made with the combination of Omega 3 and MFGM, which can be found in breast milk. It, therefore, gives your child the much-needed nutrition to support the development of their brain. The presence of DHA and Choline in this one of the best organic baby formulas also helps in cognitive development.
- Strengthens the immune system of the baby
- Enriched with zinc, and Vitamin A,
- Contains DHA that develops your baby’s vision and intelligence
- Apt for infants with a sensitive stomach
- Prebiotic content is less
- Flavor could have been better
2. Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula
The Happy Baby Organic milk-based formula is suitable for babies between 6 to 12 months. One of the best parts about this product is that it doesn’t contain any corn syrups, is non-GMO, and gluten-free. The milk-based baby formula is sweetened with the help of lactose, and it is one of the key ingredients in breast milk.
Happy Baby is manufactured using two prebiotics – GOS and FOS. This milk-based formula contains the highest amount of prebiotics amongst all the organic baby formulas in the USA. Prebiotics are one of the essential ingredients in breast milk as it ensures a healthy digestive system. Besides the prebiotics, this product also contains calcium, iron, vitamin C, zinc, phosphorus, choline, and vitamin D.
It also contains necessary fatty acids like DHA and ARA, which can be found in breast milk. They facilitate the development of the baby’s eyes and brain. The proteins that are present in this product come from premium quality nonfat milk. All the ingredients used to manufacture this best organic baby formula are sourced from non-GMO algae, thus making it extremely safe to feed the babies.
- Doesn’t contain corn syrup solids
- Made with milk derived from an organic dairy farm
- Non-GMO and gluten-free formula
- Comes with 4X more prebiotics
- A bit costly
3. Enfamil NeuroPro Milk-Based Infant Formula
Enfamil NeuroPro is among the best organic baby formulas available in the US, which are made from the combination of fatty proteins like MFGM and DHA that are only found in breast milk. The presence of such fatty proteins facilitates brain building.
This gentle nutrition formula is ideal for infants from 0 – 12 months as the non-GMO formula provides the necessary support to build strong immunity. The dual prebiotics and easy-to-digest proteins ensure the overall growth of your child. Besides this, DHA and Choline present in this formula are vital ingredients that are important for the cognitive development of the baby.
- Doesn’t contain artificial growth hormones
- Contains MFGM and DHA that supports cognitive development
- Contains dual prebiotics that boosts immune health
- Tastes good
- Does not cause any indigestion or bowel issue
- Uses lactose as a sweetener
- Great price
- Although the formula is made of organic ingredients, they are not extracted using an organic process
4. Enfamil NeuroPro Milk-Based Baby Formula
The Enfamil NeuroPro is ready to consumption milk-based baby formula that makes it easier for the parent to feed their babies on the go. NeuroPro is among the best organic baby formulas one can find in the US that contains MFGM and omega 3 DHA, which only the mother’s breast milk can offer. The presence of such fat-proteins ensures the cognitive development of the baby, and that is very important for the overall growth in the initial years. Enfamil NeuroPro is one of the top baby formulas that take care of all the necessary nutrient requirements of your baby.
The presence of easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics in the formula ensures the development of immune health. One of the best things about this product is that it doesn’t contain any growth hormones and is not genetically modified. The dual prebiotics found in this product works throughout the digestive tract. It is the area where 70% of the immune system of a baby is located.
- Support for baby’s immune system
- Contains DHA and Choline that develops the growing brain
- Tastes excellent
- Affordably priced
- Supports cognitive development
- Made with Non-GMO ingredients
- Can cause gas to some babies
5. Earth’s Best Organic Milk-Based Infant Formula
Earth’s Best Organic infant formula is patterned after breast milk as it contains essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, and minerals that are crucial for the overall growth of a baby. Besides that, it also contains fatty acids like Omega 3 DHA and Omega 6 ARA, which are naturally found in human break milk. They play a crucial role in the development of the child’s eyes and brain. The presence of iron boosts the immune system and ensures good health.
One of the vital things about this baby formula is that it doesn’t contain any corn syrup solids or other artificial sweeteners; instead, it has lactose that makes it the nearest formula to breast milk. Earths’s Best infant formula is completely organic as it doesn’t include any prohibited pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, and any artificial growth hormones. The presence of Lutein and Prebiotic Fructooligosaccharides ensures the development of the vision and builds a healthy immune system, respectively.
- No added corn syrup solids
- Contains NON-GMO ingredients
- Kosher product
- Easy to digest
- USDA organic
- The whey/casein ratio is the same as found in breast milk
- Nutritionally complete
- Contains essential fatty acids like ARA and DHA
- The smell is not very pleasant
- Can cause constipation problem in some
6. Gerber Good Start Hypoallergenic Formula
Gerber Good Start is the best organic baby formula that is hypoallergenic and contains 100% high-quality whey proteins, which don’t cause allergic reactions mainly occur due to proteins present in the cow milk. This product contains DHA that plays a crucial role in developing the brain and eye of your child. Apart from that, it also has Probiotic B. Lactis that facilitates digestive health.
The CMPA allergy-friendly formula is made in such a way that it helps to nourish the baby’s tummy. The extensively Hydrolyzed powder contains iron, which is essential for the overall growth of the infant. One of the main reasons behind the popularity of this baby formula is it is backed by a 24/7 customer service where a personal baby expert answers all your questions even in the wee hours of the morning. The product also contains all the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the overall growth of the baby.
- The hypoallergenic formula makes it ideal for infants with cow milk protein allergy
- Contains DHA for eye and brain development
- Contains Probiotic Lactis that facilitates digestive health
- The flavor could have been better
- A bit expensive
7. Enfamil Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Infant Formula
Enfamil Nutramigen is a hypoallergenic organic infant formula that is enriched with iron. This formula is ideal for babies who are allergic to cow milk proteins and faces problems like reflux, upset stomach, colic, etc. caused by cow milk. This nutritionally complete formula helps to develop a strong immune system and also facilitates overall growth. The hypoallergenic baby food doesn’t contain soy, which is the most common allergen in infants.
Enfamil Nutramigen is a lactose-free milk powder that contains omega 3 DHA that are essential for the development of the eyes and brain of a baby. One of the top things about this formula is that it works quickly, i.e., provides fast relief from severe crying and colic. This sucrose-free baby formula doesn’t contain any artificial growth hormones.
Enfamil Nutramigen also contains probiotic branded LGG that supports the digestive system of your baby. Clinical studies show that this formula also reduces the chances of the baby getting affected with allergies like Asthama or Eczema when they grow.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Includes iron
- Reduces gas, reflux, and manages upset stomach
- Nutritionally complete
- Works quickly
- Price is on a higher side
- Taste is not up to the mark
- Smells odd
8. Similac Alimentum Hypoallergenic Infant Formula
Similac Alimentum is also one of the best organic baby formulas available in that market, which is ideal for babies with colic or allergies. This easy to digest lactose-free powder quickly works and reduces excessive crying within 24 hours. This formula does not contain any artificial growth hormones and is also not genetically modified, thus making it safe for feeding the baby.
Similac Alimentum contains vital nutrients like DHA and ARA that are found in the mom’s breast milk, and they play a crucial role in the development of the infant’s brain and eyes. This hypoallergenic formula contains broken down proteins that digest easily and therefore reduces spitting up, gas, and fussiness. It provides complete nutrition for babies right from birth until 12 months. This formula contains iron that is essential for the overall growth of the baby. It also comes with Vitamin E, which is necessary for the growth of your baby.
- Pre-digested hypoallergenic baby formula
- Enriched with iron
- Works quickly
- Manages upset stomach
- Ideal for babies with problems like gas, reflux, colic, and cow milk proteins
- Not delicious
- A bit expensive
- Uneasy smell
9. Earth’s Best Organic Gentle Infant Formula
Earth’s best organic gentle infant formula is designed specially for babies with tolerance issues or gastric problems. This nutritionally complete formula is made from easy to digest proteins that reduce spitting up, gas, crying, and fussiness. It contains Omega 3 DHA and ARA, the two fatty acids that are essential for the development of your little one’s vision and neuro functions.
This gentle formula contains iron that facilitates red blood cells and the overall development of the baby during the initial stage. In addition, it contains prebiotic fiber that helps to boost the immune system of your baby. It also contains lutein, which is crucial for eye health. This organic formula meets all the nutritional requirements that are necessary for the development of the infant during the first twelve months of life.
- Certified USDA organic
- Does not contain synthetic pesticides
- Easy to digest
- Reduces crying and fussiness
- Does not contain genetically modified ingredients (Non-GMO)
- Does not contain corn syrup solids
- Adheres to the FDA’s nutritional requirements
- Value for money
- Made with palm oil (a better ingredient or oil could have been used)
- Can cause constipation for some
10. Gerber Good Start Stage 1 Infant Formula
Gerber Good Start Soothe, modeled after breast milk, provides complete nutrition for the babies for up to twelve months. This formula does not contain any genetically modified organisms, thus making it safe and healthier for feeding the babies. The presence of DHA in this formula ensures the optimum development of a newborn’s eyes and brain.
Gerber Good Start SoothePro formula is ideal for babies who have cow milk allergies. It also reduces excessive crying, colic, gas, and fussiness. The comforting prebiotics present in this formula improves the digestive health of your baby. The combination of prebiotics and proteins facilitates the development of good bacteria in their tummies that ensures soft stool and keeps them constipation free.
One of the best things that you will love after buying this product is the 24/7 live chat feature. All you have to do is visit the official site and chat with a personal baby expert. This text-based service answers all your queries regarding nutrition, sleep, lactation, and a lot more.
- Tastes great
- Value for money
- Easy to digest
- Contains HMO for immune support
- Reduces excessive crying, fussiness, gas, and colic
- Modeled after breastmilk
- Not sensitive enough (can cause constipation)
- Stays clumpy even after shaking it well
- Bit expensive
11. Enfamil NeuroPro Baby Formula
Formulated with results from decades of research to bring it as close as the nutrition profile offered by breast milk. It is made with the blend of fatty proteins like MFGM and Omega 3 DHA that supports the development of the neuro system. It is designed to offer complete nutrition for the babies for 12 months as it comes with dual prebiotics that promotes a robust immune system. The prebiotics is designed to work through the digestive tract where the major portion of your baby’s digestive system is located.
The ingredients of the product include fat-free milk, lactose, vegetable oil, whey protein concentrate, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, calcium phosphate, and several others that are organically sourced. It, therefore, makes this product extremely safe for feeding the baby.
- The best replacement of the cow milk
- Nutritionally enriched
- Contains DHA and Choline that develops the growing brain
- Tastes awesome
- Ready to use
- Value for money
- Inconsistent packaging (Damaged cans)
- Can cause gas
12. Earth’s Best Organic Vanilla
A right blend of nutrition is a crucial element for every toddler. Earth’s Best organic baby formula is nutritionally complete and plays a pivotal role in the overall development of the baby. The product comes with the natural vanilla flavor that will make your baby fall in love with it. This formula is made from organic milk that is obtained from the cows fed with organic grass and grain.
When it comes to ingredients, the product incorporates organic skimmed milk powder, organic cane sugar, organic maltodextrin, and organic palm oil and palm olein. With these, the product guarantees balanced nutrition for continued growth and development of the physical and mental abilities of the kids. It comes with DHA and ARA, the two fatty acids that are found in human breast milk. This organic milk powder also contains prebiotics that facilitates a vigorous immune system.
- No strong metallic taste
- Contains DHA for improved functionalities of eye and brain
- Trusted brand
- The natural vanilla flavor has a fantastic taste
- Certified USDA organic
- Contains more than 10% cane sugar
- Contains palm oil (derived from trees: cause of deforestation)
- Has a strong vanilla smell
- Too sweet
13. PurAmino Hypoallergenic Baby Formula
PurAmino is a hypoallergenic, iron-fortified, amino acid-based toddler formula. It is ideal for feeding kids with severe cow milk protein allergies, food allergies, or gastrointestinal conditions. This product reduces the most common problems amongst infants like chronic diarrhea, eosinophilic, maldigestion, and short bowel syndrome. The products incorporate the two fatty acids omega 3 DHA and ARA that facilitates eye and brain development.
PurAmino is a nutritionally complete formula that can meet the nutrition requirements of infants up to 6 months old and can be a supplemental source of nutrients for babies up to 2 years.
- Supports eye and brain development
- Hypoallergenic solution ideal for babies with cow milk protein allergies
- Nutritionally complete
- Contains Iron
- A little on the expensive side
14. Baby’s Only Organic Toddler Formula
Rated as the best-in-class by many, Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula is certified by cleanlabelproject.org for purity and high-quality nutrition. This product does not contain corn syrup, palm oil, and Hexane processed DHA, or GMOs, thus making it a healthier formula for the infants. This certified by USDA organic product does not come with any harmful pesticides and fertilizers as well.
The nutritionally complete product ensures the continuation of the strong growth and development of the infant. One of the best things about the packaging of the formula is it is made of 100% BPA free plastic.
This organic baby formula provides the right amount of nutrients like proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, etc. that are essential for the overall growth of the children in their early stages. It is one of the best organic baby formulas you can rely on when your baby needs additional calories, is a picky eater, or is dealing with food sensitivities.
- Doesn’t contain genetically modified organisms
- USDA certified organic
- Doesn’t have corn syrup
- The DHA is not processed with Hexane, a common chemical solvent
- Doesn’t use palm oil
- Can cause constipation
15. Enfamil Enspire Infant Formula
Enfamil Enspire Baby formula is enriched with iron, which is necessary for the development of the baby. This non-GMO baby formula is nutritionally complete and is ideal for babies up to 1 year of age. It is the only formula available in the US market that contains lactoferrin. The presence of lactoferrin, a protein that Is found in breast milk and colostrum, is essential for the growth of the intestinal system.
It also helps the babies to build a robust immune system. This organic baby formula also contains MFGM, a critical nutrient that supports brain development. This non-GMO milk powder also contains Omega 3 DHA, which is vital for the development of a toddler’s brain and eyes.
Enfamil Enspire contains the right combination of probiotics that supports the development of the immune system and digestive health. It is made with the help of most vital ingredients like nonfat milk, vegetable oil, lactose, riboflavin, vitamin D3, vitamin B6, and several other nutrition components required for the infant’s growth. The product is backed by decades of research and born out of the comprehensive studies over the breast milk.
- Milk-based powder with iron
- Contains Omega 3 and DHA for brain building
- Comes with lactoferrin that supports the immune system
- Tastes amazing
- Good quality packaging
- Has an unpleasant smell
- Not priced very reasonably
16. Enfamil Soy Infant Formula
Enfamil ProSobee is a lactose-free soy-based baby formula that is a perfect alternative to milk-based baby foods. This product is naturally suitable for infants with sensitive tummies and lactose intolerance. The product is also specially designed for parents who are looking for unique dietary needs, i.e., ideal for families that follow a kosher or vegetarian diet. It reduces the fussiness, colic, gas, etc. that can be caused due to the sensitivity of the baby to milk-based formulas. It contains ingredients like corn syrup solids, vegetable oil, soy protein isolate, calcium phosphate, and several other necessary nutrients.
Enfamil ProSobee is a nutritionally enriched formula that contains DHA and Choline that facilitates the development of your precious one’s brain. It helps with easy digestion and provides the right supply of the nutrients for healthy growth.
- Suitable for the sensitive tummy
- Contains DHA and Choline that supports brain development
- Lactose-free soy-based powder with iron
- Contains plant-sourced proteins
- Easy to digest
- Can cause constipation
- Contains corn syrup solids
17. Gerber Good Start Extensive Infant formula
Gerber Good Start Extensive HA is the hypoallergenic formula that is carefully designed for meeting the nutritional needs of infants who are allergic to the cow milk proteins. It is made with 100% whey protein that is broken down into smaller pieces to facilitate easy digestion that can prevent the development of gas, stops spitting, crying, and fussiness. The formula also features B. Lactis, a probiotic similar to the ones found in the breast milk that helps to improve the digestive health of the baby.
Overall, the product has all the vitamins and minerals for supporting the growth of the baby. Gerber Good Start meets the evolving nutritional needs of your baby. The extensively hydrolyzed powder that is enriched with iron provides complete nutrition from birth to 12 months. This product contains essential fatty acids like omega 3 DHA that is crucial for the development of the eyesight and brain of the baby. This product is ideal for kids who cannot tolerate milk and are prone to cow milk protein allergy.
- Highly suitable for infants with CMPA allergies
- Fast digestion paves the way for feeding more nutrition
- Complete nutrition profile
- The taste could have been better
18. Enfamil Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Toddler Formula
The Enfamil Nutramigen is a hypoallergenic formula enriched with iron to reduce the problems of colic within 48 hours. For infants who are allergic to the proteins derived from cow’s milk, this product is an ideal option for them. It contains the right blend of hydrolyzed proteins and Enflora LGG probiotics. The former provides quick relief from colic, whereas the latter offers much-needed support to develop a stronger immune system. This formula is enriched with 26 vitamins and minerals that are incredibly essential for the overall growth of the toddlers.
The product comes with easy to digest probiotics and proteins that reduces crying, fussiness, gas, and other related conditions. This gentle and lactose-free baby formula is enriched with omega 3 DHA, ARA, and Choline that are naturally found in breast milk. They play a very crucial role in the development of the brains right from the early stages. The sucrose-free formula containing iron is ideal for providing complete nutrition to the babies until 12 months. After the 1st year, you can rely on this baby formula to give supplementary nutrition to the child until 36 months.
One of the best things about this formula is that it doesn’t come with any genetically modified elements and growth hormones that can hamper the health of the babies.
- Suitable for all the infants
- Offers fast recovery from severe crying and discomfort
- Doesn’t contain artificial growth hormones
- Has DHA, Choline, and ARA that supports brain development
- Contains Enflora LGG that builds the immune system
- Expensive when compared to other products in the market
19. Similac NeoSure Infant Formula
Similac NeoSure is a baby formula that is specially designed while keeping in mind the unique nutritional requirements of babies who are born prematurely. This formula facilitates a weight gain and increases the length and circumference of the heads of underdeveloped babies. It is a milk-based powder that comes with essential vitamins, minerals, and proteins for optimal growth of the baby during the initial year.
This infant formula with iron further has DHA that is essential for the development of their brain. Moreover, it contains lutein that promotes eye health. The overall growth and development of the baby are facilitated by the presence of Vitamin E in the formula.
Similac NeoSure contains calcium and phosphorus, which are two very essential nutrients for the growing bones of the babies. It doesn’t have any artificial growth hormones.
- Promotes catch-up growth for prematurely born babies
- Contains DHA and ARA for brain development
- Doesn’t contain artificial growth hormones
- Provides extra calories for optimum growth
- Has an amazing taste
- Value for money
- The quality of the containers could have been better
- Can cause gas
20. Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Organic Infant Formula
Mama bear is an Amazon Brand USDA certified organic formula that offers complete nutrition for the healthy growth of your child in the first year. This product contains essential vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, and minerals that are necessary for the growth and development of the baby.
The list of ingredients the product further includes organic nonfat milk, organic vegetable oils, organic corn syrup, solids, organic maltodextrin, vitamin K, thiamine hydrochloride, zinc sulfate, cupric sulfate, ferrous sulfate, potassium iodide, and several others. In addition, this best organic baby formula comes with omega 3 DHA that is necessary for the development of the brain right from an early age. Lutein can be found in the product, too, which is crucial for the development of the vision of the little ones.
The outcome of the product will be based on the way you are utilizing the same. With the proper guidance of the specialist, ensure you are cleaning the bottle the right way. Fill the container with the desired amount of warm water and add the necessary quantity of powder to it. Now, close the bottle and shake it well till the powder dissolves completely. Finally, you are ready to feed the baby with nutritious formula.
- Doesn’t contain artificial growth hormones
- Certified USDA organic
- Contains DHA, Vitamin E, and Lutein
- Enriched with iron
- Tastes delicious
- Contains corn syrup solid
Factors To Consider While Buying The Best Organic Baby Formula
Starting the journey of parenthood is one of the blissful moments that any parent could experience. Once your tiny tot is born, the happiness just shoots beyond the sky and, along with it, thousands of questions on how to care for the baby. As a parent, you want to give the best of everything to your child, and that is why you may have gone through countless websites to search for the best organic baby formulas. If you are skeptical about choosing the balanced formula, consider the following factors to select the right one for your toddler.
1. Start With Knowing The Types
A mother who is breastfeeding will find supplementing with the right formula is an ideal solution to supply the baby with the essential nutrients for growth. Perfect baby formula has to be balanced with all essential nutrients that a baby’s body would require to boost metabolism and growth. It has to be loaded with a wide range of fats, carbohydrates, sodium, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and other nutrients. Parents now go for organic formulas instead of their counterparts made with synthetically derived ingredients since they are natural and are free from GMOs.
Also, every nutrient is satisfied with organic and pesticide and chemical-free components. Baby formulas are available in powder, liquid, and ready to eat form that can be fed by the parents to infants in small batches, usually with a baby bottle or by using a cup.
Here are a few organic formula types to choose from:
- Milk-based formula: cow’s milk is the best fill-in for mother’s breast milk. It is rich in optimal levels of proteins for babies under 12 months. If your baby is sensitive lactose and suffers from lactose intolerance, then consider lactose-free formulas or goat milk alternatives.
- Soy protein-based formula: This formula, made with soy protein, is an ideal alternative to milk-based foods. They are suitable for babies who have milk intolerance or are allergic to cow milk proteins. The parents can also use them if they are looking forward to excluding the source of animal protein found in many milk-based formulas.
- Hydrolyzed formula: high amount of protein intake can lead to an indigestion problem. The pre-digested formula contains broken down amino acids that make digestion easy for babies.
- Unique formula: Such baby formulas are also available in the market that is specially designed to cater to the individual nutritional needs of prematurely born babies.
So before opting for any baby formula, you must consult your pediatrician as they will be able to recommend products that can be ideal for the overall growth and development of the child. Food and Drugs administration regulates all the baby formulas sold in the USA; therefore, you can rest assured about the quality. The FDA has prescribed a list of necessary nutrients that baby formulas should contain. Below is the list of some of the essential nutrients that facilitate growth right from the initial years.
- Linoleic acid
- Vitamin A, C, D, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12
- Folic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Phosphorous, and the list goes on.
So while considering the type of the organic baby formula, it also becomes important to check the list of the nutrients offered by them.
There are various other types of organic formulas. But the real challenge for a mom is knowing which one is truly organic and not just a regular formula under the tag of organic. Research helps to dig deeper into the baby foods and choose the right one.
2. Investigate The Raw Materials Used
If you are going for an organic formula, work on a fact-finding process about the company’s farming practices used to obtain the raw materials. When milk is used, find out whether the animals that provide milk are fed with chemical-free fodder, and sustainable farming methods are practiced for cultivating crops.
3. Be Wary Of Dietary Restrictions Of Your Child
In case your little one lacks a few essential nutrients and needs special attention to meeting these deficiencies, you have to go for a special formula. Ask your pediatrician if your child needs any additional care. Also, choose a product that doesn’t cause any allergy. For example, if your baby is allergic to cow milk, switch to a formula with soy milk or goat’s milk.
4. Consider The Age Of The Baby
Though not on purpose, this factor is overlooked by many mothers. As the baby continues to grow, the nutritional requirement of the body keeps changing, and the formula you are providing should meet their changing needs. For instance, a baby under six months needs approximately 60 grams of carbs, while a child between 6 to 12 months needs 95 grams of carbohydrates.
If you’re giving a seven months old child the same old formula, you are missing on the 35 grams of carbs that the baby’s body requires. Choose the right organic formula that meets all requirements according to the age of the baby.
5. Is The Formula Iron-Fortified?
The babies who are not breastfed right from birth are said to lack iron content. Therefore it is advised that you incorporate iron into the system via iron-fortified formulas. This helps to boost iron content in blood to prevent anemia and other iron deficiency issues.
6. Price Of The Formula
Organic formulas tend to cost higher than regular formulas. But there are reliable brands that provide the best organic baby formulas at a reasonable price. Choose the right one and continue with the same until your child grows. Often changing the formula is not advisable as well.
7. Consult Your Pediatrician
There is no one like a pediatrician who knows the baby well apart from the mother. If you are puzzled about choosing the right formulas, consult with the pediatrician. He can suggest the ideal one.
The final question comes to whether the formula is organic. Not all but few brands brand their regular formula under the cloak of organic. Hence, the parents need to do proper research and consult their doctor or a child nutrition expert before finalizing a formula. Opt for trusted brands that have a proven track record in producing baby formulas. A reputable brand will be committed to enriching your baby with high quality, genuine organic formulas.
Benefits Of Organic Baby Formula
Though the physicians recommend the mothers for breastfeeding for their newborn babies until a certain age, most women these days prefer baby formula instead. In such cases, most of the women prefer feeding their child with the best organic baby formulas as they are healthier and made from naturally sourced ingredients. The best part about using organic baby formula is that it doesn’t contain any artificial pesticides and fertilizers. Even the milk sourced from the cow is fed with organic grains and grass.
Further, the DHA and ARA present in the organic formula will help for the development and growth of the children. There are a plethora of baby formulas available in the market, making it difficult to pick out the right one. So what are the advantages with the organic formula?
Here are some of the important benefits of using organic baby formula
1. No Synthetic Ingredients
Unlike many baby formulas, the best organic baby formula does not have any synthetic ingredients that can cause any harm to your baby. Organic baby formulas don’t contain artificial sweeteners; instead, they are sweetened with lactose or other essential nutrients that are found in breast milk. The artificial sweeteners can hamper the health of the baby as it can cause gastrointestinal problems like constipation and diarrhea.
2. Better Mental Development
Brain development is crucial for children below the age of 12. An organic baby formula facilitates the development of the brain. It is one of the vital benefits you can have from the organic foods. The baby can have the right mental development right from the early stages.
Besides, the higher concentration of the nutrients allows such a formula to incorporate the right blend of polyunsaturated fatty acids and omega 3 fatty acids. These nutrients are essential and play a significant role in both the physical and mental development of a growing child.
3. Filled With Nutritional Value
Though the flavor and the taste are the essential factors of baby food, the goal of feeding is to offer the necessary nutrients for the growth of the baby. With the organic formula, you are feeding them the essential nutrients that are crucial for the overall development of your baby. You can expect the blend of nutrients like vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals, proteins, etc., which are vital for the healthy functioning of the baby’s organs. Further, it will also promote the production of red blood cells. The presence of vitamin E protects the body from getting damaged from the free radicals. This is one of the reasons why most people prefer organic than traditional ones.
4. No GMOs Or Genetically Modified Organisms
There are many baby formulas available in the market that contain genetically modified organisms, which is not good for your baby’s health. When you get into the supermarket, you will come across numerous brands on the shelves that contain GMOs, and it is better to avoid such products. Instead, you want to search for organic products as they are safe for consumption. Organic food does not contain any artificial or synthetic ingredients and GMO, which in turn enhances the nutritional profile of the formula.
If the cow is allowed to have grass and grains full of antibiotics and pesticides, how can you expect that the milk will be free from toxic? So, the crows are grown by feeding the grass and organic food. This assures the outcome will be nearly as healthy as the breast milk of mom. It will have all the possible nutrients for sound health.
5. Reduce The Risk Of Diseases In The Future
The organic formula does not carry pesticides. This will eliminate the risk that can hamper the nervous system or cause problems related to reproduction, pulmonary system, immunity, or endocrine system dysfunction.
6. Share The Responsibility Of Feeding
It is important to share the responsibility of parenting. Waking up in the night to feed the child can be a daunting task for a mom. The parents can share the responsibility within them to feed their child the best organic baby formula so that the mother can enjoy some additional hours of rest.
7. Freedom From The Stress
Formula feeding can give the breastfeeding mom a much-needed break from the unending cycle of breastfeeding, and they need not have to worry about things like which clothes to wear to make it convenient for their baby. If you have an elder child, then you can spend some quality time with them and do what you want to do without having to worry about anything. To be honest, all the moms in the world deserve this break once in a while.
8. Formula Feeding Is More Convenient
If you are a working mom, you will find it challenging to manage your time and then pump milk for your baby. But you do not want your baby to be hungry, which is why formula feeding is the best alternative. All you need to do is add a few scoops and some water, and then store it in your baby’s favorite bottle. This can save you a lot of time and trouble, and many of the mothers who are used to formula feeding find it convenient. Plus, they can maintain their work schedule easily.
9. Know The Exact Amount Of Calories Your Baby Is Consuming
Many of the nursing mothers find it impossible to know if her baby has consumed enough calories, and some even complain that their baby is not gaining weight. Formula feeding puts an end to this and helps you by letting you know the exact amount of calories your baby is consuming. This will not only help the babies but also will be a great relief for the mothers to know that their babies are getting enough calories!
10. Available In Dairy And Soy-Free Versions
If your baby is allergic to both dairy and soy, you may have to restrict yourself to a diet with limited food options. Formula feeding can be a true lifesaver for the mothers who cannot follow a strict diet and can help their babies to stay away from allergens. Formulas are always developed in a specific way to avoid any allergic reactions in your baby, so you need not be worried about them being allergic
11. Other Members Can Bond With Your Baby
Your baby wants to be around you whenever she is hungry, which gives little for other members of the family to bond with the baby. With the formula feeding, your baby will bond with her grandmother, father, and other family members and will be less cranky when hungry. Additionally, mothers will get some extra free time to do the chores
12. It Is Not Painful Anymore
Babies can get a little too playful while feeding on the breasts, which may result in engorged breasts, and many mothers complain this is as something really painful. Some of them even get terrified to sleep on their stomach because of the fear of sore breasts. And the cycle continues for the whole day, which is why formula feeding will help you let a sigh of relief from the agony of painful breasts.
13. Your Baby Will Feel Fuller For A Longer Time
The formula may not take the same amount of time to digest as breast milk, which results in your baby feeling full for a longer duration of time. You can give more time in between the feedings as your baby will not be hungry often, which also means more free time for you!
14. A Happy Mother Means A Happier Baby
As a mother, you would go through a lot of stress as you have to do your daily chores plus work, but formula feeding allows you to reduce your stress levels and bring the much-needed peace in your life. You no more have to pump milk every time; instead, give her the bottle of formula which your baby will love!
Uses Of Infant formula
In many cases, breastfeeding is medically not allowed, and feeding the best organic baby formula can be a lifesaver in such situations. This can be due to various reasons, some of them are outlined below
- Mother’s Health: Breastfeeding is not allowed if the mother is infected with tuberculosis or has HIV. It is also not allowed if the mother has undergone breast surgery or is critically ill. Besides this, breastfeeding is also not allowed if the mother is taking drugs or even prescribed drugs that are used for cancer treatment.
- The inability of the baby to breastfeed: Some babies have congenital disabilities or contain galactosemia (metabolism error since birth) that makes breastfeed impossible or difficult.
- Babies on the verge of malnutrition: Vitamin deficiency, iron deficiency, etc. lead the babies on the verge of malnutrition. Such risks can be controlled by providing the babies with nutrient-rich baby formula. It is advisable to opt for the best organic baby formulas as they are enriched with essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates that are essential for the overall growth of the baby.
- Personal beliefs or preferences: Some mothers may consider breastfeeding as an inconvenience or may not like it. As per researches breastfeeding may not be suitable for mothers who are a victim of sexual abuse or rape as it can trigger the post-traumatic stress disorder. Apart from that, many parents prefer formula feeding so that even fathers can share the responsibility of parenting the child.
- Mother’s absence: Baby formula is the best option if the child is without a mother. There are cases where the child is adopted, orphaned, under the custody of a father, etc. and such situations call for the use of baby formulas. These products can also be used if the mother is in prison, hospitalized, or not available due to work.
- Food allergies: Breastfeeding may not be allowed if the mother has got any allergic reactions from certain foods consumed by her.
- Societal issues: Many mothers don’t consider breastfeeding in public places or around the people as it can be immodest, unhygienic, or inappropriate for her.
- Social pressures: Pressures from husbands, boyfriends, family, etc. may encourage feeding through formula as they can be of the notion that breastfeeding can affect the health, reduce the energy of the mother, or it can affect her attractiveness.
- Lactation insufficiency: Feeding via baby formulas is encouraged if the mother is not able to produce sufficient milk. This can be due to lactation insufficiency and is faced by 2-5% of women around the globe. In many cases, even due to excessive lactation, many mothers believe that the quality of breast milk could be of low quality. Baby formulas can be used to provide complete or as supplementary nutrition in such cases.
- Fear of being exposed to contaminants found in the environment: Polychlorinated biphenyls is one of the pollutants found in the environment that can bioaccumulate in the food chain and can also be found in breast milk. Additionally, the risk from chemical pollutions also outweighs the advantages of breastfeeding; therefore, feeding the best organic baby formulas is encouraged occasionally.
FAQs on Organic Baby Formulas
Decisions about infant nutrition are vital for parents. When you choose to nourish your newborn with formula, opting for the very best is the only way to go. And for most parents, that is synonymous with going organic.
Selecting a suitable organic baby formula for your newborn boils down to understanding what is right for your baby. Here is a list of frequently asked questions to help you get started before switching to organic baby formula.
Q1. What Does An Organic Baby Formula Contain?
Knowing the ingredients in the organic baby formula is a necessity. While reading the label, you may understand what the base components are, or you may be left confused by the acronyms.
But we can safely determine that most organic options have a cow’s milk base, while some may be made with soy or goat’s milk. Additives such as DHA, ARA, prebiotics, probiotics, and whey protein may be present in the baby formula to make it resemble breastmilk.
Parents must remember that ‘organic’ doesn’t automatically mean all-natural. According to FDA requirements, all formulas need to contain specific nutrients and preservatives, which are synthetically made. While Ingredients such as lutein, lycopene, nucleotides, taurine, and L-Carnitine are accepted in the US, most of these are banned in the European Union.
To get a better judgment of the ingredients and the nutritional components of the formula, you are required to consult a child nutrition expert.
Q2. What To Avoid In Your Baby Formula?
Parents need to proactively keep a watch on non-organic and synthetic substances that affect their baby’s health.
To help you make the right choice, we have put together a list of ingredients that you need to be wary of when buying the formula for your baby.
- Corn sugars, GMO’S, preservatives, and gluten, are the usual suspects to avoid.
- Substances that could be genetically modified like soy.
- Canola oil, palm oil, or other oils, which can prevent the absorption of calcium and fat.
- Carrageenan, a natural ingredient that is said to cause inflammation in babies.
- Synthetic ingredients named as nutrients are frowned upon in some countries.
- Sugars, other than lactose, as they are linked to overfeeding and obesity.
Q3. Is Organic Baby Formula The Healthier Option?
Many parents who choose organic formula do so as they think it is a healthier option than other types of baby foods because they are made from either cow’s milk or soy. When the milk or soy used in the organic formula is free of hormones, chemicals, and pesticides, that makes it safer than non-organic formulas.
However, reports of high arsenic levels due to the use of brown rice syrup, health risks from cane sugar, and the controversial use of additives such as DHA and ARA in organic products have caused many to question if organic infant formula is better.
According to a New York Times article about the US organic label, there is a national list of non-organic materials that have been approved as acceptable for organic foods. The list has grown from just 77 substances in 2002 to more than 250 today, including docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA).
Q4. When Should You Change The Baby Formula?
It is important to observe your baby’s non-verbal cues after feeding to determine if your child is in discomfort. If your baby is always fussy, needs more iron, or has certain food allergies, your pediatrician may suggest changing your baby formula to a different kind. Here are some signs and indications to keep a watchful eye on that tells you whether your baby is allergic to a formula.
- Frequent crying or fussing.
- Your baby has excessive gas. Your baby may also have loose stools or watery stools.
- Your baby has itchy skin with signs of dry or scaly skin.
- Over fatigue or weakness.
- Forceful vomiting.
Consult your child’s pediatrician upon noticing these signs.
Q5. Is Organic Baby Formula Worth The Money?
It is no secret that organic products tend to be on a pricier side. As a parent, it’s up to you to decide whether it’s worth the extra money.
If your child is fed formula occasionally and the cost is a factor, picking a conventional formula is an acceptable alternative. However, for an infant whose primary source of nutrition is the formula, it may be worth buying organic to help decrease their exposure to synthetic food.
Q6. Which Are Some Organic Baby Formula Brands To Choose From?
The market contains more brands of organic formulas than ever before since companies are frequently filtering their ingredients lists to create the best organic baby formulas. However, you can choose from reputable manufacturers like Enfamil, Earth’s Best, Gerber, Similac, to name just a few.
Q7. What Additional Components Will You Need To Start Feeding Formula?
A parent opting to formula-feed their baby needs to be prepared. You will need bottles, bottle brushes, nipple brushes, and a warmer. The important thing to remember is the regular sterilizing of bottles.
While shopping for bottles and other things, look for products that are void of BPA. Always buy extra feeding essential for the times you may misplace your regular ones.
Q8. Is Liquid Formula Better Than Powder?
When it comes to nutritional value, powdered formula, concentrated liquid formula, or ready-to-eat formula provide equal nutrition. The only differences between the three are variations in pricing, shelf-life longevity, and ease-of-use. The only benefit of ready to eat formulas is that they are incredibly convenient when the parents are on the go.
When it comes to organic and non-organic baby formulas, there are numerous options available in the market. Baby food companies are constantly testing and perfecting their ingredients to provide optimal nutritional value for your infant. However, choosing the right organic baby formula requires careful research before you settle for a brand or a particular formula. Follow this guide as it will help you to search the best organic baby formula that facilitates the overall growth of the baby.
Best Organic Baby Formulas – To Sum It Up
As a parent, nothing can be more important than feeding the right nutrition to enhance the growth and development of the baby right from the early years. The growth and development that a child receives from initial years play a crucial role in developing a robust immune system, development of eye and brains, and the development of the other vital organs of the baby’s body. A healthy immune system prevents the child from falling ill at frequent intervals, which can therefore provide the parent’s peace of mind. So consult your pediatrician today and consult them regarding the best organic baby formula that can be ideal for feeding your baby.