|1. OKAY||2. Aquaphor||3. Desitin|
Diaper rashes are tough to get rid of. To protect your baby from getting uncomfortable, it is important to keep some diaper rash creams handy. It will keep your baby’s bottoms safe and supple; we have compiled a list of the best diaper rash creams.
Understanding the reason for diaper rash creams is important before you go out and purchase them. As your babies wear diapers for prolonged periods, the dampness of the wet diapers causes discomfort to your baby’s skin. The wet surface rubs against baby’s sensitive bottoms, which causes chafing, leading to diaper rashes. If left untreated, these could become infected with bacteria. To ensure the comfort of the baby always opt for the best diaper rash cream.
Here are the complete guidelines for purchasing the best diaper rash creams for baby. Let’s begin with Top 15 baby diaper rash creams 2020 for from some reliable brands.
Top 15 Best Diaper Rash Creams 2020
1. Okay Baby Rash Cream
As our first pick for the best diaper rash cream, we have OKAY’s product for all skin types.It brings the goodness of natural materials for your baby’s sensitive skin. Curated with lavender oil, neem seed oil, aloe vera, calendula and grapefruit extracts, this product helps you ease your baby’s skin in no time.
It is also free of all kinds of silicone, sulfate and parabens, thereby becoming the go-to best diaper cream. The product also helps in limiting the affected area and reliefs the soreness. OKAY’s baby rash cream sourced and manufactured in USA. The best part about this cream is that it helps in keeping your baby’s skin cool and prevents the skin from getting irritated, which is an added benefit.
- It makes use of lavender oil, aloe vera, calendula and grapefruit extracts
- It does not contain any chemicals or parabens
- No added color or fragrance
- It is a hypoallergenic formula
- You can also use it on adults
- It also eases soreness
- It may take some time to show results
2. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
Aquaphor’s Baby Healing Ointment takes the second place as best diaper rash treatment on our list because it has many properties than just acting as a diaper rash cream. The product works wonders for all needs. It can treat chapped skin and minor scratches on your baby’s body. You need to apply it before you put a diaper on your baby to prevent chafing and rashes from wetness.
As a brand, Aquaphor has been around for a while. They have developed this product not only to protect your baby from rashes caused by diapers but also from drool rash. The unique formula in this baby cream has been recommended by many dermatologists and pediatricians.
- It does not have any zinc in its formula
- It is perfect for minor scratches and diaper rashes
- Clinically proven results
- Can be used with every diaper change
- Restores healthy skin within 6 hours
- Free of preservatives and fragrance
- It is not suited for babies with dry skin.
3. Desitin Rapid Relief
DESITIN’s diaper rash cream is a fast working product. Once applied, it quickly forms a protective layer to limit the harm caused by rashes. This product is clinically tested, and you can use this everyday to prevent rashes on babies. As one of the best ointment for diaper rash options, it was especially formulated for baby’s sensitive skin.
The hypoallergenic creamy formula is easy to apply and remove from skin. It forms a protective layer on the baby’s skin, but also helps to provide constant relief from discomfort. This baby diaper rash cream is smooth in texture, and does not form a sticky layer, which also makes it easy to wipe off. Furthermore, the layer on your baby’s skin works against other irritants in a wet diaper.
- It is a rapid relief cream
- It is fragrance and paraben free
- It is a tested formula
- It was developed specially for babies
- Easy to wipe off
- Provides moisturization to your baby’s skin
- It is smooth, so it glides over your baby’s skin
- It treats and prevents diaper rash
- It locks wetness and protects chafed skin
- The DESITIN diaper rash cream has zinc in it
- It can feel a bit too creamy
4. TriDerma For Stubborn Diaper Rash Healing Cream
TriDerma is the best for diaper rash that just won’t stop coming back. They designed this product to ensure your baby’s rash does not come back to cause discomfort. Developed with a proprietary organic aloe complex, the product helps in protecting your baby’s skin. It brings good results in treating dryness of the skin.
It also prevents your baby from developing severe chafing and chapping. TriDderma’s results show up within 24hrs of its first use, therefore it is the best thing for diaper rash.
TriDerma can be used every time you change your baby’s diaper. You can also use it after your baby’s bath to its form and softness.
- They make it with organic materials
- It makes use of a proprietary formula
- Contains Allantoin and Dimethic as key ingredients
- Shea Butter is also an ingredient, which enriches and moisturizes your baby’s skin
- Paraben and petroleum-free
- Available in various sizes
- Visible overnight relief
- It is a non-stick cream with optimum strength
- May need dermatologist’s advice before use on severe skin conditions
- It’s hard to spread evenly
5. Weleda Diaper Rash Cream
Weleda’s cream is the best organic diaper rash cream. It helps you protect your baby’s most delicate region and helps you find many benefits. The product’s key ingredients make use of calendula flower extract to soothe the skin, chamomile for regeneration of skin, and sweet almond oil.
This product is the best diaper rash cream for babies with sensitive skin. The product is certified as natural by NATRUE and can also protect your baby’s skin from dampness, which helps in not giving rise to new rashes.
Choosing Weleda as a brand for handling your baby’s rash could prove handy as they make the product from organic substances. All the ingredients is used to aid skin regeneration and have properties good for your baby’s skin. This product does not react with the sensitive skin and helps you find the right way to deal with the rashes.
- Makes use of many natural ingredients for wellness of your baby
- Weleda is a certified brand, which raises its authenticity
- It is skin-friendly and protects from dampness
- It does not contain any additives or fragrances
- It works with all kinds of skin types
- Offers quick results
- The tube can get damaged easily, causing the cream to ooze out
- The product is a bit small
6. Organic Diaper Balm
Earth Mama’s diaper rash balm is an organic product developed with organically sourced bee wax. It has the herbal goodness of organic ingredients; so it is the best diaper rash cream for newborns. This calendula-based cream does wonders on your baby’s soft skin and protects it from getting damaged. The product makes use of a maximum strength formula perfect to heal and get rid of the redness.
This product can be used on anyone, regardless of the age. It performs like a salve more than a cream.
- Developed with organic products
- Makes use of ethically sourced bee wax
- Suited for any age
- Does not have any parabens, petroleum and zinc substances
- Gets the redness and rashes under control in no time
- You can also use it for cloth diaper rashes
- A thin spread is all that you need
- It is not odorless, it has a minty smell to it
7. Cetaphil Baby Diaper Cream
The Cetaphil baby diaper cream only makes use of calendula as its primary ingredient. The natural extract helps in containing the rashes on your baby’s skin and helps in improving the affected area. Rich in Vitamins B5 and Vitamin E, this product is a high-powered formula for sensitive skin.
The product also restores the suppleness of your baby’s skin. It does not contain any parabens or mineral oil.
- Makes use of organic calendula extract
- It contains Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E
- Heals and restores your baby’s skin
- It is paraben free, mineral-oil free and hypoallergenic
- They use no colorants in the manufacturing of this cream
- It works within 12 hours from application
- It contains a little zinc oxide
- Does not provide a protective shield
8. A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Treatment Cream
This product not only works as the best cream for diaper rash but also works as a preventive measure. A+D’s product is a blend of dimethicone, zinc oxide and aloe vera, which is dermatologically tested. These ingredients aid in a fast recovery. You can gently add the cream on the delicate area of the rash as soon as you spot any redness. It does not contain any dyes and aids in natural recovery of the skin.
You can easily apply it, without the use of spatula or applicator. It is smooth and can spread evenly to heal the rashes naturally. It is both effective and provides fast relief.
- The cream spreads evenly on your baby’s skin
- The formula is recommended by pediatrician
- Can be used as a preventive measure
- Helps in limiting recurrence of diaper rashes
- The formula is dry, aids easy application
- The product is not 100% organic
9. Desitin Multipurpose Baby
The Destin Multipurpose Baby Diaper Rash Ointment lives up to its name and protects your baby’s delicate, sensitive skin. The primary attraction of this ointment is that it acts as a protective barrier for your child’s skin. Not only does it offer a remedy for diaper rashes, it helps you protect your baby from harsh weather and the drying effects of cold winds. The ointment can protect your baby from chaffing, cuts and dryness of the skin.
This cream is best suited to help you seal out the wetness and protect your baby from cracked skin. This transparent barrier ointment contains petrolatum skin protectant that immediately relieves irritated skin.
- Made with no parabens and fragrances
- It is a demagogically tested diaper cream
- It has a soothing effect on the skin
- Forms a protective shield against drying effects of the weather
- It comes in a big pack
- Can protect your baby from chafing and minor burns
- It could feel as though it is not creamy enough
10. Honest Diaper Rash Cream
Honest’s diaper rash cream works as the best diaper rash treatment for those looking for quick relief for their baby’s rashes. Once applied, this formula forms a protective shield on your baby’s skin to diminish and protect it from damage. This product also aids in fighting recurring diaper rashes.
They make it with NSF certified hypoallergenic plant and mineral-based ingredients, making it safe for your baby’s skin. It contains organic jojoba, coconut and shea extracts to protect and moisturize your baby’s skin.
- Developed with Organic Ingredients NSF Certified
- Made with organic ingredients
- Heals and protects the skin
- Helpful for recurring rashes and redness
- It reduces the duration of the existing rashes
- Forms a protective layer as soon as applied
- Easy to wipe off
- It is not suited for all skin types
- It is a bit expensive
11. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
For those looking for the best way to get rid of diaper rash, this is the answer. Aquaphor develops many kinds of products for babies, and this one comes with the goodness of treating many problems babies face regularly. The make-up of this product is free of preservatives and fragrances, which have been clinically proven to show results. Apart from relieving your baby of the diaper rashes, this can prevent it. Application is recommended with each diaper change.
Apart from that, it helps in treating dryness, and chafing caused by teething, drool rashes and more. Last, the product also helps in protecting your baby’s skin from irritating wetness, chafing and acidity to protect the skin from discomfort.
- Protects and restores the skin
- The ointment is gentle on your baby’s skin
- Free of preservatives and fragrance
- It is also suited for sensitive skin
- The whole family can use this cream
- It provides protection against chaffing and acidity
- Can help in treating dryness in your baby’s skin
- Recommended by paediatricians and dermatologists
- It comes in a variety of sizes
- It feels too sticky on the baby’s skin
- It does not offer much relief when used on adults
12. Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Remedy
Grandma El’s remedy for diaper rash is one of the best diaper creams available. It works almost immediately once applied. This remedy has the properties of various elements that nourish and protect your baby’s skin at the same time. With no fragrances, this cream helps in reducing redness of the affected areas and itching, which provides extra comfort to your baby. The elements work together as a protective barrier against wetness, thwarting the spread of the rashes.
They develop this product with Amber Petrolatum, which works as a healing and preventing agent. The biggest benefit of this element is that it forms a barrier against wetness to protect the skin from getting damaged. It also protects your baby from coming in contact with moisture, solid waste and urine, making it the perfect choice as best diaper rash ointment.
- It works right after application
- It eliminates irritation and redness
- Protects your baby’s skin from getting in contact with urine and solid waste
- It is Paraben-free, Preservative-free and Phlalate-free
- It is not messy to use, and can be wiped off easily
- Developed in an FDA approved lab in the US
- Works with all kinds of diapers, including cloth diapers
- It may also treat eczema, minor burns, and cuts
- The product contains some inorganic materials
- It comes in a dark yellow color, which can be unsettling for some
13. Babo Botanicals Soothing
Babo Botanicals’ diaper cream is best product for diaper rash for babies with extra sensitive skin. Developed specially with natural ingredients, this product packs the goodness of coca butter and shea butter in one tube. They use both of the elements in pure forms, and aid in reducing irritation on your baby’s skin. It also makes use of 25% non-nano zinc oxide to add an extra layer of protection for your baby’s sensitive skin. The primary benefit of the product is that this cream can be safely used on newborns.
The cream provides a soothing touch of care with colloidal oatmeal, calendula flower extract, and natural coconut oil. These elements are known for healing, regenerative and soothing properties.
They developed this product with Babo Botanicals’ proprietary Nutri-Soothe Complex, which provides babies all the nutrients, anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants to fight diaper rashes and maintain skin’s softness. It fits the choice of best diaper rash cream as they make it with cruelty-free assurance.
- They make it with organic ingredients
- Perfect for ultra sensitive skin
- A variety of natural extracts are used to ensure protection
- Protects and reduces chances of diaper rash
- It contains many vitamins and anti-oxidants
- They developed it with a proprietary Nutri-Soothe Complex
- Is safe to use on new-born
- Makes use of non-nano zinc oxide for extra protection
- The size of the tube is a bit small
14. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment
Boudreaux’s diaper rash cream makes use of natural aloe vera, which makes it one of the best natural diaper rash cream. With an all-natural ingredient list, this product does not add any dyes, parabens or preservatives to its blend. The best feature of this product is that it provides relief to chafed skin for diaper rashes.
The benefit of using this cream for your baby is that it is light. Loaded with the richness of aloe, the product also incorporates the benefits of bee wax for your baby’s butt. The product’s mix is best for treating mild-to -moderate rashes.
This product is FSA- and HSA-eligible and comes with a mild inclusion of zinc oxide, which helps in sealing out the wetness instantly. Trusted for over 40 years in the US for babies, this product works as the best diaper rash cream.
- Developed with the goodness of natural aloe vera extract
- It is FSA- and HSA-eligible
- It gives relief to the skin immediately
- Free from harmful chemicals
- This product is paediatrician recommended
- It seals off wetness and prevents rashes
- The cream is light in texture and feel
- It does not work on severe rashes
- This product stains clothing
15. The Honest Company Organic
This certified organic cream helps in protecting your baby from rashes and dryness. Labelled as all-purpose, it works with chafing and minor scratches. They develop the product is developed with 95% natural ingredients, with Tamanu oil being the key ingredient. Tamanu oil helps in restoring the balance to your baby’s skin, which also works as a healing agent. The use of coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter provides your baby’s skin with moisturizing properties.
The product helps in providing control over rashes and helps in containing the irritation to skin and damage caused due to wetness. The Honest’s all-purpose balm acts as a salve and works well with sensitive and dry skin types.
- All natural ingredients
- Enriched with coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin types
- The cream restores balance to your baby’s skin
- It reduces and reliefs diaper rash and irritation on the skin
- It can work as an all-purpose cream
- It even works on skin eczemas
- Not fragrance-free, there is a slight smell to it
Factors To look Out For When Buying Best Diaper Rash Cream
With multiple products available under best diaper rash creams, it can be difficult for you to look for the perfect fix for your baby. Here is a list of factors to look for when you search for a baby diaper rash cream for your baby:
1. Zinc-Oxide Creams
Zinc-oxide is a common element in many creams and ointments. This element gives the cream a thick form, which helps in retaining the protective properties of the cream. For those who are looking for a cure to recurring and severe diaper rashes, diaper creams with zinc oxide work the best.
It is important to look at the brands before purchasing the cream. Since babies are sensitive skin, it can get irritated easily, it is important to trust the brands that have been in the market for a long time. Always choose a certified brand with good reputation. Look for the details where the products and materials are sourced, and if the brand has clinically tested products for safety.
Some babies are allergic to certain ingredients. Despite making use of organic products, a cream could have an adverse reaction on your baby. To avoid such problems, it is best to check what ingredients make up the product before purchasing one. Hypoallergenic formulae are the perfect fit for your babies.
It is crucial for you to have a look at the review of the products you purchase. Look for feedbacks from people who have tried these products. There are many products that have different composition, which can have varied outcomes on different babies. So before you purchase the products, have a look at the reviews to know more.
5. Type Of The Products
Before you get confused with multi-purpose creams and diaper rash creams, know that these products work the same. Do not get confused with the labels have a look at the stuff that’s inside the product to get some clarity. For new parents, it’s tough to find a product that works well. However, most of the products marketed as multi-purpose diaper rash creams work well for both babies and adults. They can protect your baby’s skin from dryness and chafing for teething.
With that being said, it is crucial for you to have a look at the products you purchase. Consider the packaging of the cream. Sometimes the cream containers are weak, which may lead to wastage. Before you purchasing, have a look at the product and check every detail you need to know.
FAQs on Diaper Rash Creams
Q1. What Is The Primary Cause Of Diaper Rash?
Diaper rashes are caused by the wetness of the diapers. Whether you make use of cloth diapers or disposable diapers, the prolonged wetness and the excreted waste rubs against the skin causes chafing and rashes. To deal with this problem, make use of the best diaper rash cream that will help you as it puts a protective layer on your baby’s bottom to protect it from damage.
Q2. What Is The Best Diaper Rash Cream For Severe Diaper Rash?
For severe diaper rashes, it is important to find creams that are thick. You could even make use of pastes or balms to deal with the situation. The reason for making use of thick creams or balms is that these help in soothing the skin while simultaneously working as a protective agent. It can help in protecting your baby’s bum from recurrence of rashes.
Q3. Can Diaper Rash Creams Be Used For Other Things?
First, not all diaper rash creams are good for treating other problems. However, there are some in our list above that can be put to multiple uses. Diaper rash creams have various elements that help in protecting your skin and a baby’s skin. Such products can also cure skin eczema, minor burns, minor scrapes and scratches.
Q4. Can The Best Diaper Rash Creams Be Used To Treat Adult Diaper Rash?
Most of baby diaper rash creams have mild ingredients that do not damage the baby’s skin, which is why it is not possible for a baby rash cream to provide care to adult diaper rashes. However, there is a possibility that zinc-oxide diaper creams may offer some relief for mild-to-moderate diaper rashes.
Q5. What Kind Of Diaper Rash Creams Provides Quick Relief?
There are some rapid relief diaper rash creams that work almost instantly. Our list of products helps you to find great products that begin working right after it comes in contact with our baby’s bum. Although most of them make use of active ingredients to get fast relief, there are some products that are all-natural.
The Best Diaper Rash Creams for Your Baby’s Comfort
A baby’s skin is delicate and needs protection. It is only natural for parents to look for the best diaper rash cream for their babies’ comfort. All the products listed in our “20 best diaper rash creams” help you find the right blend for your baby.
These products are not only good for your baby’s bottom, but also help in offering relief to cuts, burns and other skin problems. Babies have sensitive skin, so finding a product that works with your baby’s skin is important. Look for the best way to treat diaper rash with your baby’s skin type in mind.