Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Favorite Kindle Books?- Free or Cheap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Kindle Books?- Free or Cheap
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:50pm
I bought myself a Kindle for a belated Christmas gift with my Swagbucks Amazon cards. LOVE IT!

Help a cash-strapped girl out! What are your favorite Kindle books- preferably free or cheap? All genres are fair game, except horror or heavy sci-fi. Love historical, cookbooks, self help, novels...

If you've played with your Kindle a lot, is there anywhere else besides direct from Amazon where you can get free Kindle books or borrow them? I THINK I can access a statewide lending library through my local system, but I have no idea how.

Hit me with the best you got. Wink
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 6:09pm
Casting Pearls is always posting links to free or cheep for Nook and Kindle
Cheap e-reads

Project Gutenberg

I will be watching too:) I have had my Nook for a year and yet to actually pay for a book. Our library does them too, but not a big selection, but always growing!

Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
catadese View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(8)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 33 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:36pm
Thanks Sarah!  I've not seen the 2 FB links before.  Just downloaded a ton of free books!
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
catadese View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(8)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 33 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:37pm
I've used my Nook at the library, but I've not tried the Kindle yet.  I need to figure out how to work it.
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:56pm
Cool beans. Those are fantastic resources!
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:25am
Awesome! Thanks for the links...now if I could just find time to read. DH bought me the fire for Christmas, and I am still on the first chapter of the first book I started!
 Post Reply Post Reply