Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Charlie Banana?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rackelbella View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote rackelbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlie Banana?
    Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
Has anyone had good experiences with this diaper? :)  
Sponsored Links

littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:48pm
I've never used the but have heard they're very similar to Fuzzibunz, which do have a good reputation.
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:51pm
My sister-in-law loves those. If I remember correctly, the elastic adjusting mechanism works similar to a bra strap? I use FB, and all those teeny tiny buttons can get frustrating...
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:56pm
I haven't used them myself, but I looked at them at the CD store here and they seem good. They're made by a girl who used to work for FB and they are manufactured in the same factory as FB.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote rackelbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:06pm
What do you ladies use? :) it seems like there are mommies on here who are true to the old school (not a dig) way of cloth diapering...I guess I only really thought that cloth moms were using the snap function type diapers...help i am SO NEW to all this! ;)
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:22pm
I started out with a predominantly FuzziBunz type stash. And I still like them, but they are a little more work in the upkeep department than old school options. They require the occasional stripping; stuffing is a little tedious; I get more fussy about stains--so lots of spraying and sunning. Plus, a prefold or a flat is going to be made of all natural materials and a lot of mamas prefer to go that way. An organic pocket diaper is going to cost more than one with synthetic components, and A LOT more than a set of flats. So there is that, too.
But, I think, for the most part, I just like to switch things up a little bit. One of the joys of cloth is getting to try out all the new (and the old!) things.
Have fun!
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote rackelbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by oliverandedie oliverandedie wrote:

I started out with a predominantly FuzziBunz type stash. And I still like them, but they are a little more work in the upkeep department than old school options. They require the occasional stripping; stuffing is a little tedious; I get more fussy about stains--so lots of spraying and sunning. Plus, a prefold or a flat is going to be made of all natural materials and a lot of mamas prefer to go that way. An organic pocket diaper is going to cost more than one with synthetic components, and A LOT more than a set of flats. So there is that, too.
But, I think, for the most part, I just like to switch things up a little bit. One of the joys of cloth is getting to try out all the new (and the old!) things.
Have fun!

ahhh ok...yes, i did some searching and found the "burb cloth" type diapers with pins...I am guessing those are the "flats"...so do you have to use a cover with those?  And how do you do them? ;)  i am also assuming its more affordable to do flats like you said...
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 217 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:07am
I have a couple of Charlie Banana pockets.  I use them stuffed w/ flats.  I like the adjustablilty option, and they haven't leaked or needed stripping.  They aren't my fav, because I prefer side-snapping dipes.  I also don't love that the pocket opens in the front, & I have to pull on the soggy insert to open them.  But, the print is great.  My son loves the construction one, and I love the pro-cloth slogan on his bum (can't remember what it says Embarrassed).  I wouldn't want a whole stash of them, but I put him in those two pretty often.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 11:28am
I have a very eclectic/mixed-bag stash. A lot of what I use I make myself, and it varies from fitteds with PUL covers to several styles of pockets. In commercial brands, I have and use Bumgenius, Blueberry, Rumparooz and Fuzzibunz, but I've tried much more than those. I occasionally use my flats; prefolds are used for burp cloths.

Edited by littlehands - 03 Jan 2012 at 11:30am
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 38 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:12pm
I have a very mixed stash and use all on a regular basis.  Each diaper has its place.  

~Flats, PF (DR love them) , GMD Workhorse fitteds (my favorite fitteds), Tinkle Trap Prefitted (work just fine) -- all are used with PUL covers Blueberry Coverall OS, Thirsites, Bummis
         These are mainly used at home

~AIO-- Bumgenius (have larges and love these)  and Thiristies (like these but the larges are really big so I only use them at night)
            Daycare/Daddy diapers/diaper bag diapers

~Pockets--FB (really like the OS just to small now), Happy Heiny (love the older style since the run bigger), Bumgenius OS (again love these since they run bigger), Thirsites Duo (not my favorite but work fine just not as trim)
              Daycare/Daddy diapers/diaper bag diapers
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:34pm
I started cloth diapering with only one system and one brand of cloth and then went to having many systems with many brands and now I'm at a few systems with a few brands but I think that trying one of a couple different things is the only way you'll be able to see what works for you.  The obsession with cloth is quite a roller coaster and I've seen many moms do the same thing I have where they buy, sell, trade, destash and everything in between over and over.  Its a trial and error process because everyone is different and ever baby is different but if I had one tip it would be just buy 1 of something until you know that you love it.  I splurged on a whole bunch of wool at once and ended up not loving it like I thought I would and so I was really upset with myself after it. 
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
spendie View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote spendie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 6:28pm
I've got 6 Charlie Banana.  The fit is good, and prints/colors cute.  I was using these when out and about, but they recently been leaking like crazy!!  Maybe they need a stripping, but I don't know why, they haven't been used a whole lot.

Jen-
Mommy to four
Chloe-5/98, Calvin 1/01, Cailey 2/07, Chase 1/11
 Post Reply Post Reply