Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

New Year, New Crafty Chatter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mamajag View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamajag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by umbribyz umbribyz wrote:

Hi Kim! Hooray for lots of yarn! I hope the move will work out for you. And a wonderful LYS is important. ; ) Can't wait to see pics of your spinning and knitting.

Considering I don't have a LYS now, this is fantastic news.  It even handles fiber and wheels. Poor DH says he's gonna go broke with a yarn store in town. LOL
HSing mom to N, C, and G.

"I've had it to here being where love's a small word, a part time thing, a paper ring.."

-- Johnny Cash, Solitary Man
Sponsored Links

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 2:56pm
Such beautiful spinning!
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 6:03pm
yes beautiful kim! brrn wantung to see!
I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 6:05pm
i want to use gs amore for my storyteller...and i found more skeins only someone beat me to it!  but i feel it, its the one.

christina mail yet?
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 10:19pm
Kim - that is gorgeous!

Bekah - yes, thank you so much!  I PM'd you over on Rav yesterday :)  Will have to look up that GS colorway...
mmollett View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:46pm
This year I plan on actually learning to make tassels and pom poms-each year I think 'that looks cute-I will try that next' and never do. Why is that?  Anyway 2012=year of the tassles and pom poms (for knitted projects that is)
I have a few scarves that I promised people that I would like to finish-two to be exact and a third one for myself.  I lost my Alpaca boucle scarf I knit myself (it was my first completed project)-5 skeins of the most beautiful yarn-GONE!  So I bought less beautiful yarn and less of it-but a scarf it will make.
Lastly, I have been wanting to finish a lace project I started a few years ago that has been sitting in a project bag-I set it down and forgot where I was in the pattern and have been too lazy to figure it out or sadly start over-but SOMETHING needs to happen with it and 4 years later it isn't doing it on it's own. (GASP I know those knitting gnomes aren't doing their job)
Oh, oh I wrote it down...that's the first step right?Tongue
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 93 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 11:36pm
Martha, writing it down is the first step :)

Kim that's beautiful!

I found and ordered some wooden animals from Etsy. I'm a step ahead already!
Now paint. I read all about milk paint. I wonder if anyone here has any experience to share with me about it?
TIA
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 6:25pm
hello otis, it has been a loooong time. like a year or more!!
christina answered back.
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 11:46am
So I am totally in a knitting funk  I think it's that I've been so busy that my only knitting time is after the boys go to bed.. and at that point I'm so exhausted (D is still up a ton at night) that I just can't seem to pick up a project.  Can you guys give me some encouragement?  I think I need to CO a small project and get some instant gratification...
umbribyz View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(8)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 340 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote umbribyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 8:11pm

Sorry that I am just seeing this. ((hugs)) Christina. You can do it. Definitely something small that will make you smile could help. I go through times where I either have no time or desire to knit too. A little instant gratification helps. Have you seen this pattern by Carina Spencer? It is a super quick knit, especially if you make the worsted version. Quick, easy and pretty. I made 2 of them in just a couple of days. I think I may be making a third soon too. Or her Dovetail Cowl is also pretty and quick and easy. And either could be made with a single skein of C220 (well, the small cowl anyway). I hope you have already found something that speaks to you that you have made and are back to happily knitting.

Carrie
HSing and Knitting Mama to my 3 sweet boys   
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 93 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 1:03pm
I finished my very first crocheting project, a cape (poncho) and hat.
Far from perfect, many flaws but overalls I think it looks ok for a first timer...

Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 104 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:28pm
Rifky, that is just beautiful.

I plan on knitting a dishcloth by Septmber. I think I might be able to accomplish that. But first, I need to figure out my tension issues!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 207 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 1:33am
So cute!!! I love the colors you chose!
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12