Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Kindle Fire apps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Camille View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kindle Fire apps?
    Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:47pm
My DH surprised me with a Fire for Christmas! I knew I'd get one eventually (even if I had to buy it for myself) but wasn't expecting it so quick. DH is great.Heart
Anyway, so now I need to maximize it's usage capabilities.LOL Any apps you love that I NEED to get?
Yes, I'm a Christian. No, it has nothing to do with me trying hard, but everything to do with God loving hard.-Lecrae (Christian rap star)
to,488px);}");
Sponsored Links

moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 8 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:04pm
I got one too! A total surprise! I figured maybe the Touch, but definitely NOT the Fire. I am curious to see what others have to say. I have a bunch of brain games for me and DH (I am steering clear of the role play type so there's not chance of me getting sucked it, and others just look weird) and a few kid ones for the older two LOs. I also went through and found the freebie book section and downloaded all the ones that sounded interesting from there. So far I have just looked through the freebies except for the star map one which was $2.99, but that was one of the #1 things I wanted it for. It doesn't have GPS so I had to set the coordinates for our house manually, and I think I have to scroll through it manually, but I think it will be really neat. Right now mine won't connect back to our wireless for some reason and I can't figure out why. It says it's unsecured with excellent strength, but not luck Thumbs Down. It was fine until I walked outside with it to show DH something. The kids started watching Babe on it earlier, but then the battery died, and now I can't connect so they haven't been able to finish it.

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!k
usin21201 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote usin21201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 12:20pm
I got one for my bday and luv it! Reading lots of graet free books...playing games...and kid stuff!
Wife to Alan

DS(2/05), ODD (5/07), and YDD (6/10), plus two little ones in heaven (6/06,2/08) and little boy due 2/10/13
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 8 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 2:14pm
So after a few days my fave apps are checkers/chess (DH and I play a game before bed every night), matching game for the kids, Bible app for me (has different plans to sign up for... I'm currently doing the one where you read through the OT once and NT twice in a year, but I'm hoping to maybe do it in 6 months since it adjusts the dates for you if you get ahead or fall behind. The bubble burst game was also a fave, but I'm going to delete it b/c I am playing it waaaaayyyy too much! I do want to be able to maximize it's use without getting totally dependent on it for anything, KWIM?

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!k
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 8 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 2:17pm
Oh, and there's even a period tracker that I am going to start using since I can't keep track of it myself Tongue. It looks like you can insert temps and everything so it can help with fertility tracking too. I think it's called pink flower or something? It's discreet which is nice.

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
Camille View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:52pm
I use iPeriod on my phone for keeping up with periods. Hadn't considered putting it on the Kindle.

So far I like the Out of Milk app. It helps me with my shopping list. I hope this takes care of the issue of always losing my paper shopping list.

The kids love the iStoryBooks app. The Kindle reads the stories to the kids. Great for the car and such.

Netflix sucks on my kindle though...... I guess I'll have to watch movies and such through Amazon Prime.
Yes, I'm a Christian. No, it has nothing to do with me trying hard, but everything to do with God loving hard.-Lecrae (Christian rap star)
to,488px);}");
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by moonangel12 moonangel12 wrote:

Oh, and there's even a period tracker that I am going to start using since I can't keep track of it myself Tongue. It looks like you can insert temps and everything so it can help with fertility tracking too. I think it's called pink flower or something? It's discreet which is nice.

That is nice...I used the Bump app on my phone when I was pregnant and that was how my 13 year old figured out my secret!
fancyoats View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 342 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote fancyoats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:36pm
i like the sudoku app.  and of course angry birds.  and bejeweled.  and stupid zombies.  there is a mah-jong app too that i just got, because i have always wanted to learn how to play.

i'm just limiting myself to free apps right now, but it's pretty fun to play with! 
Ariana, mama to Amy (6) and Roberta (almost 3)
bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(17)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 67 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:40am
Renee - DH's phone came w/ the star map app preinstalled and it's freaking amazing! LOL  Is it the one w/ the constellations? His has gps so all we had to do was hold it up to the sky and move around and it told us what was there. I was floored! LOL  Apparently I'm not up w/ the times on the fact that little devices can do these things for us ;)

I like Words With Friends. Anyone wanna play, PM me ;) LOL

Mason's obsessed w/ angry birds. Woops.

I just downloaded netflix, so the kids can watch when we're at doctors appts and such if there's wifi.

Oh and I've got a Nook Color... but they're getting up w/ the times on the android apps!
 Post Reply Post Reply