Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Best CDs for long/lean build?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ksyoung44 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote ksyoung44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best CDs for long/lean build?
    Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 12:23pm
Are there any hands down CD winners for a long and lean child?  I'm talking 75th%ile for ht, 20th%ile for wt.  Is it just trial and error?
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 273 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:18pm
If you're wanting a fitted, Motherease Sandy's are really great for all shapes and sizes. The side snaps allow for a custom fit. I've also had great luck with GMD Workhorses on my skinny guy. Both yellows and reds have been a perfect fit. I like no closure with a snappi, I can get them as tight as I need.

As always, flats and prefolds are perfect for any size baby. Flats especially can be folded just for your baby and you can get a snug fit every time with a perfect rise.

As for covers, I like Thirsties Duos and Peacy Green side snap cover. Both has been great for us.

Not sure about AIOs or pockets.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 4:54pm
T is long and lean (although not quite as lean as your LO), We like all the diapers Clare mentioned.  Covers that work for us:
Thirstie duos and sized, Flips, Sweet Peas, Blueberry coveralls, Bright star baby (they have a medium Long size, which is nice)

I really like pad folding flats or prefolds with my skinny mini
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 273 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by mom4moju mom4moju wrote:

I really like pad folding flats or prefolds with my skinny mini

This, too!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 207 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:06pm
Motherease Sandys seem to fit any kid.  They do have a very loose fit that seems bulkier than other dipes but we still use them often and love them.  no closure Tinkle Traps prefitteds have also worked great on my kiddos.  E was/is 100th percentile for height, and 40-50th for weight.  K is 45-50th percentile for height, 20th for weight. 
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 54 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 7:07pm
For sized diapers we had the best luck with side snapping stuff. Or one-size diapers worked well too because I could let out the rise and still cinch in the waist. But it does just kinda depend on your childs waist, rise, and thighs.
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 9:30pm
I have super skinny string bean to (actually Clare and I pretty much have the same kidLOL). I really like M side snapping bottom bumpers AIOs, Sandy's for fitteds, BG elementals, wool covers of course, and I'm also really liking my M Zookies PUL covers too. Oh, and of course flats and PFs work amazingly and are super easy to wash.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
 Post Reply Post Reply