Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Home and Hearth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Home and Hearth books

Visit Motivated Moms for a
printable chore planning system. Have a clean and organized home and still have time for yourself!

We Made The Switch! Pics added

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 193 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Made The Switch! Pics added
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 3:19am
Whew! I'm exhausted. And we're nowhere near done. We moved our master bedroom downstairs and the playroom/guestroom/schoolroom upstairs to the "real" master bedroom. It's great! We did it just last night so I'm about to go to sleep for the second time in the basement. Away from the kids. I have a monitor in the boys' room because William still wakes up (little booger!) about once a night in the way early AM, like 4-5am, but usually goes back to sleep in his own bed with little motivation from us. The only thing that really didn't work and is SUPER disappointing is that NO couch will make the turn from the hallway into the master, so our plan to have the kids' TV area in there is a bust...for now. We now have to get some sort of futon (most likely will be from IKEA in the next couple months) to fit in there that we can assemble IN the room. So now we have a couch that we brought from the basement upstairs...totally cluttering the living room and I broke my toe on it tonight. Cry Someone's trying to teach me to be content with what we have for now since my plans didn't work out for the school/guest/play room to my exact specifications. Anyway, this is more of a thanks for helping me figure out if I might even like to do this setup; it's super private and the kids aren't even allowed downstairs, making cleanup of their mess a lot easier for them and us. All toys on one level is total bliss! We have a TON of time and money to put into the downstairs before I'll post pics, but maybe once I arrange the schoolroom I'll get some pics up here soon. Thanks gals!

Edited by stegmanjessica - 16 Dec 2011 at 10:31pm
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(36)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:56am
All toys on one level makes a lot of sense! I'd love to see some pics later. Thumbs Up
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:02am
Sounds great.  Glad you are happy with the results so far. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:59pm
Awesome! Can't wait to see pics!
mttav View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(56)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 190 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mttav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 2:32pm
I'm looking forward to pics, too!
Mom to T (8), M (6), S (3), and X (tiny) and wife to my BFF.

Visit me on Etsy at FlyingGaggleFibers and EwenicornCovers!

J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:06pm
yay!!! can't wait to see pics :)
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
asvueldo View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote asvueldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 4:13pm
What a relief! I can't wait to see pics. It is good to know that someone is getting projects done around the house. We aren't quite there yetSmile
Christina, mama to three boys, born 2005, 2007, and 2010.
My Homeschool Blogto,488px);div
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 193 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:51pm
I can post pics of the play/school/guest room as it's mostly done (though we really need a futon now because that darned couch doesn't fit through the door!), and maybe the basement, but it needs a TON of work to be "up to par" with the rest of the house. It's very livable, but we've never had bedroom furniture. Seriously, our mattress is on the floor, we have small foldable shelves as nightstands, and an IKEA Expedit (2x4) cube shelf with baskets in it as our dresser. It's nicely organized but in the next year or so we'll be getting:
new carpet
curtains
bed
TV
painting basement
nightstands
wardrobes (built-in) along one wall

Whew! Once we move the armoire into place upstairs I'll bump with pics!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:18pm
i am excited to see! my house is always a work in progress. could use inspiration.
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 193 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:29pm
To the left of the door, all the toys so far (and the TV will go all the way on top after we get a couch):

Bathroom in the corner (nicest one in the house, and only reserved for guests because I don't want to have to clean it regularly):

Play kitchen (and all the food will go in the blue basket when we get the food), school table under the window, and TV/stand in the corner:

The couch should have gone on this wall where the little table is (which we're getting rid of):

Open closet where we'll put the big armoire with school supply storage and teacher stuff (other closet holds our coats and extra clothes that didn't fit downstairs):

mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:46pm
looks great jess.  I just got the boys that same play kitchen for Christmas.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:49pm
Very cute!
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:58pm
very nice!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 363 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 11:03pm
Looks great!
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 193 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by mamma22boys mamma22boys wrote:

looks great jess.  I just got the boys that same play kitchen for Christmas.

Emily! We actually kinda *hate* this play kitchen...it's not very good quality. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? We paid full retail for it at Target about 16 months ago for Jeanine's 2nd birthday and most parts are already falling off. Jeanine is quite gentle with toys and John doesn't play with it, though William is rough for a 1 year old. If you didn't pay full price that's great, but I'd consider returning it and getting the good quality kitchen at IKEA for the same price.
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(36)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 11:12am
That looks great!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 2:35pm
very nice use of the space!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply