Forum Home Forum Home - Welcome! - Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome To Diaper Pin!  We are glad you've found us!

We have a wealth of information available to you in reviews, articles and through our members in our forums. 

Intros is a great place to start and tell us a little about yourself and where you are starting out cloth diapering.   The easiest way to start learning is jumping in and participating!

First-time Mom & Cloth diaperer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gleeteria View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gleeteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First-time Mom & Cloth diaperer
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:45am
Hello everyone!

I am a brand new mama, new to cloth diapering and absolutely loving the experience of both.  I am learning a lot by trial and error with CDs and thankfully the help of this incredible website.  I just recently joined the forum, but have used the DiaperPin as a resource for months to research and explore the many CD options and retailers.

I look forward to growing in experience and knowledge with CDs as I watch my LO grow, too.

Sponsored Links

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 231 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 10:46am
Welcome!  Congrats on the new baby. Heart  What dipes are you using?
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Gleeteria View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gleeteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:21pm
I am mostly using BG pocket diapers with a couple of Blueberry pockets.  I also have a few prefolds and contours that I use with covers.  These can work really well at night, especially with a wool cover.  The drawback is they aren't quite as simple for my DH, so these tend to get used the least.  LO is also about to start childcare in a month and pockets will probably be easiest for them vs. prefolds.
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 91 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:23pm
Congratulations and welcome to the Pin!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 231 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:32pm
I use a mix of pockets & covers w/ pad-folded flats.  Sometimes I use fitteds, but lately I've been appreciating the simplicity of PUL.  As long as you get a good fit, they are so easy!

Don't be afraid to post here and there!
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 126 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:43am
Welcome and congratulations!
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 8:33pm
welcome!
I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
 Post Reply Post Reply