Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

What to ask when purchasing used?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mmollett View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to ask when purchasing used?
    Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 7:38pm
I am considering purchasing some under the nile fitted diapers from craigslist. It will be my first time purchasing used. What are questions you ask? What percentage of the new price do you deduct? How much of the new price will you pay? (ex: I will pay as much as the MSRP-10% OR 75% of MSRP etc)
Thanks!
Sponsored Links

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 8:54pm
I'm not really familiar with the brand, but I'm assuming they aren't a hard to find diaper. Resale mostly depends on the condition of the diapers. If they are like new then I expect to pay only a small % less than retail. The more wear and tear the smaller a %. Are there stains? Hows the elastic? How's the fabric feel, is it pilly, sherpa, still silky etc? How have they been washed and cared for? Are the snaps in tact and functional or same for aplix? There's a slight learning curve when buying used, but it can be a great way to build your stash and try new things.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 9:05pm
Samantha pretty much covered everything there. My price points for used diapers are pretty much 75% of the price for EUC; 50-75% for GUC depending on whether it is a wear and tear issue, mild staining, etc...and a fraction + shipping for things that need repaired to use. I would probably expect to pay a little less on Craigslist than on an online forum because you would likely pick them up (incidentally a great way to meet local cloth diapering moms!).
 Post Reply Post Reply