Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

1 PUL Cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 PUL Cover
    Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:22pm
If you could only have one kind of PUL Cover, what would it be?
Sponsored Links

rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:33pm
Does it have to be one that exists? LOL  

If not- Then a Weehuggers cover with pul flaps instead of bamboo

If so- Then a Flip
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 212 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:35pm
A Thirsties Duo all the way. It can be adjusted for both pad folding and fastened/fitted diapers.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 58 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:41pm
Thirsties Duo for sure!
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:43pm
I'd vote for a Thirsty's Duo as well.  I like their trimness and patterns.
Tracy
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:56pm
fishnoodles sized - not sure they're made anymore
SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:08am
Yup, Thirsties Duos! So trim and goes overy anything!
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 188 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:09am
Duos! In fact...that IS the only cover I own. I have 6 of them
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:11am
Man I really want to try a thirsties, but I don't like the look of the snaps (the way they pull), and I am afraid of dead aplix.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:14am
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

Man I really want to try a thirsties, but I don't like the look of the snaps (the way they pull), and I am afraid of dead aplix.
What do you mean by "the way they pull"?  I have both velcro and snaps in Duos and I like each.  I do reach for the velcro more often because it is faster.  But the snaps seem to be holding up well.  Then again, I have only been using this size for about a month so I can't comment on longevity yet.
Tracy
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:14am
Stephanie, I've had an Aplix that's 7 months old and still going great! Seriously just as sticky as ever! But you really can't put them in the dryer very often. I actually like that it's so soft because even if it does rub on Issy's belly it doesn't irritate her super sensitive skin. Sorry for enabling Embarrassed
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 70 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 9:20am
thats a tough one.  Thirsties Duo and Blueberry coverall would be a tie for me. 

I only have Aplix thirsties and love them.  The aplix is amazingly strong.  Mine have been well worn and always go in the dryer and the aplix, while a little pilly, is so strong that even I have a tough time opening it.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by mamma22boys mamma22boys wrote:

thats a tough one.  Thirsties Duo and Blueberry coverall would be a tie for me. 

I only have Aplix thirsties and love them.  The aplix is amazingly strong.  Mine have been well worn and always go in the dryer and the aplix, while a little pilly, is so strong that even I have a tough time opening it.

Ditto this 100%, including my experience with the Thirsties Aplix.  The Thirsties may have a slight edge for me just because of the pad folding/trifolding thing, but I do love my Coveralls for sure. 
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
mommyto3+1 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
4 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyto3+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:21am
I really love my imse vimse organic cotton covers on Ella right now.  I of course pin or snappy a diaper under this.

My answer would change if I was into padfolding, which I like a lot on an older child.  If it was padfolding, it would be flips.
Kim - SAHM to Noah (11), Karis (8), Ethan (7), Micah (3), Ella (2), and Levi (3/15/13)
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:31am
Thirsties Duo for me too. They are not my cutest cover, but if I can only pick one: the price is right; the fit is always good, and I love me some gussets. 
slednmom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(52)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 140 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:38am
A snapping Duo as it works for everything, but my only complaint is that I wish it had more fabric so there wasnt so much PUL/snaps touching the skin.  That being said it would be my single coice)
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

mdahm98 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(49)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 126 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdahm98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:39am
Ooooo that's a close one- Fishnoodles side snapping, closely followed by Thirsties Duos :D
~Morgan~SAHM to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:12pm
I have a Thirsties Duo on the way, so I haven't tried that brand yet. Although I love Wee Huggers (bamboo flaps and all), I think I'd have to pick BSWW. I like how I can Snappi, trifold, pad fold, or use a fitted- very versatile. Even though there are no gussets, they have been a good fit and gentle for my tall, chunky-thighed girl. I like the hidden PUL, too, even though that means I have to swap it out more quickly than a wipe-clean surface.
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 358 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:18pm
I'd have to vote MEAF. My kids can be hard to fit and that's the only cover that I know will completely cover any diaper and will also provide a good, dependable fit. I wish I had more of them, but unfortunately they're sized and one size covers just make more sense financially.
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
cajsmommy View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote cajsmommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 1:43pm

1 thirsties duo

2 BSWW
3 Fluffy's

So glad I don't have to pick just one though!
Mom to 5 wonderful blessings. CDing since 1997 :o) giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>