Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

s/o Nook Color vs. Kindle Fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(13)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 107 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Bectoria Bectoria wrote:

It (the kindle) doesn't change the format - that's exactly the problem.  I doubt seriously that the nook would be much different, though.  So if you zoom it in far enough to be able to view the PDF, you also need to scroll side to side to read all of the words.  With a normal (non-pdf) ebook, if you zoom in the text, it just makes the text bigger and wraps the text nicely.  Like in a Word document, if you change the font from 8 point (tiny) to 12 point (plenty readable) it'll just wrap the text no problem.  a PDF is static...like a picture.  so if you zoom in on a picture, sometimes you have to scroll side to side to see the whole thing.  it doesn't wrap nicely. 

Ooooh... so the program converts it so the text wraps? Does that mess up the format at all if there are pics or anything?

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
Sponsored Links

Bectoria View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(44)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 145 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bectoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 6:37pm
I've only read one book that had pics so far...they were whole page pics so I would just see a page w/ a pic and then the page would be my book again.  I do think that kids books are specifically formatted for the kindle (idk what picture books that are not made for the kindle would look like on it).
Becky
SAHM to DD1 (9), DD2 (7), and DD3 (3)
mommytoamelia View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 230 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommytoamelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 12:59am
I got a nook tablet, i didn't like the reviews of the fire and i know ppl who have them and returned them due to the screen freezing up. my kids love that the books are in color and i can either read to them ,it can read them outloud or the kids can read on their own. so far the apps are really good.
mommy to Jacob 11, Madisen 10, Amelia 7 and Hannah 6 and stepmom to Kris 27.   </a><a hr
Poopie View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Perennial Pinner
7 years 179 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Poopie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 11:04pm
I have a nook tablet for our classroom so far so good i recommend a screen protector for either kindle or nook. A touch pricey for essentially a sticker but with my 6 and 4 yr olds using it there are neither scores of scratches or fingerprints
Rachael : Devoted wife to Andrew and mother Lydia (Nov 6,06.Titus Alvin Oct 9 2008 and Naomi 7/28/12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12