Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Trying new things FC/Bac Out*PICS ADDED*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Esseltess Esseltess wrote:

This site will be helpful for scents etc : http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/

Hmmm, maybe I will add some more yeast then. I am soooo looking forward to hearing how it compares to bac out!

I don't think they ship to the US.Confused
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Sponsored Links

Esseltess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Esseltess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 6:23pm
Oops, I meant to post the American one - just replace .ca with .com and it will come right up!
DD 11/08, DS 01/11
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by bree bree wrote:

Totally looking forward to hearing how it works on diaper stains! I'm addicted to it on dipes and just went to reorder and the usual $5 and some cents I paid for 32oz @ drugstore.com .... wasn't an option. It wasn't on sale. So I had to pay the full $9. Blarg! It would be so nice to make it!

Ok, so I tried it on my diaps, and it worked well on the stains, except the ones from blueberries, but I didn't squirt it directly onto the diapers...except an overnight one that was starting to smell kinda rank. It worked really well, and the funk is completely gone from that diaper. I've also been using it around the house, and I think it's working as well as the regular bac-out except it doesn't smell as delicious. I'll change that though when I order some oils.  I making another one right now with rice water, which is supposed to work really well on grease/fat/oil and I think I'm going to mix that and the lemon/lime one together for super cleaning ability once it's done. The jugs I made it in were three liters in size and it was enough to fill two bac-out bottles and then some. 
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 250 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 11:03pm
ooh i really want to do this now!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
Esseltess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Esseltess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:51am
I have 3 on the go. Pineapple, lime, and lime / pear
I can't wait to try them now!
DD 11/08, DS 01/11
Camille View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:20pm
Lime/pear. That sounds so yum!!
Yes, I'm a Christian. No, it has nothing to do with me trying hard, but everything to do with God loving hard.-Lecrae (Christian rap star)
to,488px);}");
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:57pm
hmm...  I'll have to give it a try
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 12:33am
wow i didn't think about making my own. i want to try too. thanks for sharing andeveryone keep us posted on your batches!
I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
Camille View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:48pm
 On 12/12 I started my batch with yeast (made with orange and lime sections). It no longer smells yeasty but smells STRONGLY of alcohol. Is it finished? Is that normal?
Oh, and the oranges and limes are still floating.
Yes, I'm a Christian. No, it has nothing to do with me trying hard, but everything to do with God loving hard.-Lecrae (Christian rap star)
to,488px);}");
Esseltess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Esseltess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 11:33pm
I think it's supposed to take 3 weeks with yeast, is that right?
I don't think yours is done until jan 2nd.

I started my fist batch on dec 14.
The one with pineapples/molasses looks really gross and smells about the same
The all lime/brown sugar one looks and smells nice and fruity. This one has loads of bubbles every time I opened it to stir it.
The mixed fruit pear/pineapple is kind of yucky too

I still have a while to wait, all my fruit is still floating. But so far I am thinking that citrus and brown sugar is the way to go.
DD 11/08, DS 01/11
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(9)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 356 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 6:29pm
How is this going? Are you guys liking the cleaning power of the cleaner? I've been saving my peels!
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(16)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 250 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 6:57pm
i am curious too!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

k
groupp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote groupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 1:42am
Me too. I've got some that will be ready at the end of the month. But it kind of smells sour and is brownish last time I checked so I'm wondering if I didn't do it right.
wife, nurse, and mama to Jackson 4 y.o.

giada md
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 3:49am
This looks very interesting. I'm a bac out junkie so this might be fun and much less expensive!
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
groupp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote groupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:54am
Just reviving this again to see if you guys are still liking it. Wondering how everyone dilutes it. I put a half cup in a big squirt bottle. I'm a little disappointed. Wondering if I should make it stronger. Also it smells kind of sour. Does everyone else's smell like that? I have been spraying it on morning diapers after I rinse them out a couple times and it seems to take the pee smell out.
wife, nurse, and mama to Jackson 4 y.o.

giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123