Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Diaper Sprayer Recs??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chocokitty View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote chocokitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diaper Sprayer Recs??
    Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 11:30am
I'm looking to purchase a diaper sprayer and I see mixed reviews on Amazon.com.   Does anyone have any recommendations -- ie bG vs Fuzzibunz etc??
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(13)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 20 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 11:56am
The Potty Pail!!! I couldn't live without it. I love having the bucket. Great for potty training accidents, too. They are a small family owned company and they have amazing customer service.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 180 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 12:16pm
My husband put ours together with parts from Home Depot. He followed the tutorial here http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/comment-page-1/#comments I think it cost about $30, and I like the fact that if anything ever breaks he'll be able to just replace that part, but we haven't had any problems in the year or so that I've been using it. 
Julie-

USAirForce Wife, Mama to DS1 (5.5), DS2 (4), DS3 (almost 2) and another little one born in Feb
amandajkr View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amandajkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:49am
We just bought a BG one, but I can't tell you yet how good it is because I can't install it until I replace the water supply line (it requires a flexible line, and ours is rigid). I have to say, I *love* the idea of the Potty Pail! Never heard of it before and now I'm wondering how I ever lived without it LOL
fwesson View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
We've had the BG one for over 2 years and it's doing just fine.  We had it installed at our old house and then took it to this one.  No problems whatsoever!
~~Farrah~~

Parker~14, Abby~12, Spencer~10, Charlotte~6,, Cooper~4, Margaret~2, & Tucker ~12-31-10.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept."~George Carlin
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(32)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 34 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 10:01am
Originally posted by jberrec jberrec wrote:

My husband put ours together with parts from Home Depot. He followed the tutorial here http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/comment-page-1/#comments I think it cost about $30, and I like the fact that if anything ever breaks he'll be able to just replace that part, but we haven't had any problems in the year or so that I've been using it. 

We did this, too.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(13)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 20 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 10:50am
Originally posted by amandajkr amandajkr wrote:

We just bought a BG one, but I can't tell you yet how good it is because I can't install it until I replace the water supply line (it requires a flexible line, and ours is rigid). I have to say, I *love* the idea of the Potty Pail! Never heard of it before and now I'm wondering how I ever lived without it LOL
If you get your BG sprayer installed, you can always buy just the pail from Potty Pail, or try to make your own. It is awesome!!!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Natashska View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote Natashska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 10:14pm
We also have a BG, which is great my only complaint is that it floods our bathroom if we forget to turn it off between spraying (which happens at least once a week). If I got another one, I'd check and see if the  mini showers you can buy at hardware stores, that also attach to your toilet, would be able to be left on. They're much cheaper too.
BabyRN View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote BabyRN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 8:53am
Another vote for The Potty Pail and sprayer.  We have one and it's great.  You could make one by yourself though, if you want to go get parts and get crafty.  I was happy to order and pay for ours though. 
Beth, Mom to Sugar Bum and the Cupcake!n giada md
mmollett View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:57am
Has anyone successfully made their own potty pail? We don't have a sprayer, my DH is putting one together also. One more month until DS starts solids (eek!) Hopefully it will be installed by then!
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:24am
I think they both work fine. I like the stainless steel look of the BG. We had a new toilet and DH had to cut the wings off of the join because the outlet on the toilet tank was too close to the toilet bowl. It's lever only moves about 90 degrees and the pressure is good. The FB one has a T valve and depending on how many times you turn it you can have a weak or strong spray. They're both easy to install and I actually have one of each new in package that I'm selling on FSOT.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos a href="https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurkandBean" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Turk & Bean
k
LKuepfer View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote LKuepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 2:38pm
Is there anywhere to buy the Potty Pail system in Canada? I like the idea of that pail but I'm scared of the duty that will be charged for shipping it across the border.
CWMommy3 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote CWMommy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 12:46pm
My hubby put ours together too. We found a tutorial on uTube and he used parts from Home Depot.
                     Megan
       Proud Coast Guard wife
Mommy to Taylor, Ethan, & Christyle>.a
danceroo View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote danceroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:35pm

BG; it works well but the instructions are crummy. We wish we'd called cust. service (which was great!) before we broke several parts on the toilet. Sigh.

We're now living in a new home and never installed the BG sprayer because the shower head lifts off and can reach to the toilet quite easily.  It's one less thing for my crawler to get into. :) 
Newish mom with a wonderful husband and an affectionate house rabbit giad
chocokitty View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote chocokitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 2:38pm
I ended up buying the BG one since I was at buybuyBaby  and they had just started carrying the brand. 
 Post Reply Post Reply