Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Prefold Stain Remover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gotchickens View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 136 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gotchickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prefold Stain Remover
    Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:20pm
Hi everyone,

I am having issues with getting my prefolds clean after they have been sitting all day in a hot car while we are out and about. My way of cleaning poopy diapers is to rinse them off and throw them in the wash. I have never had a problem until now. The combination of time and hot car have fried the poop into the diapers and no amount of spraying or washing is getting them clean. Any ideas of a good stain remover to clean these prefolds? Thanks
Sarah ~:>

Full time Mom to Peter, Joshua, and Helen. Two peas in a pod with the love of my life Dan 7/4/2009.k
Sponsored Links

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 1:44pm
I would try making a runny paste of oxygen bleach (Oxyclean type stuff or even just plain sodium percarbonate) and pour on the stain. Leave for an hour or so and then just wash like usual. Alternately if you use some bleach in your wash the stains will likely come out.

Edited by samsmum - 13 Sep 2011 at 1:45pm
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 55 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 3:30pm
The sun!!

If you hang out wet diapers in the sun it is amazing how fast the stains are zapped out of the fabric! You can even put a little lemon juice on them as they dry in the sun.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
GreenJessicaA View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenJessicaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 2:35pm
We had a few diapers end up that way too.  I ended up just packing a peri bottle(like the ones from hospital) of water.  I squirt any poo diapers with water before putting them in the wet bag if the diapers are going to be in the car or out and about while its hot.  The extra water seems to keep the poo from "baking" on the diaper

Wife to David, Mama to DD(04/07) and DS(08/11) giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply