Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

A lot has changed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justducky View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A lot has changed!
    Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:23pm
I can not believe how much has changed in cloth diapers in the past 8 years! Oh my heck there are so many options it makes my head swim. Any other old timers out there who remember the good old days, LOL! Smile
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 155 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:34pm
What is funny is that even with a lot of really great options, PF's and Flats are still super popular
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
fwesson View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:35pm
I agree with the array of choices.  Though I am not an old timer because 8 years ago I was still using sposies.

What were you using back then that was your most reliable?
~~Farrah~~

Parker~14, Abby~12, Spencer~10, Charlotte~6,, Cooper~4, Margaret~2, & Tucker ~12-31-10.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept."~George Carlin
justducky View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:39pm
I still love prefolds!
My favorites though were fitteds, especially Luxe and  Elbees with a aristocrat wool cover at night and knited wool for the daytime. I had diapers from Lucy's Hope Chest, Fluffymail, and others I liked too. Ohh and Kindhearted Woman for newborn fluff!

Ok so tell me whats hot now?

Edited by justducky - 19 Aug 2011 at 12:41pm
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:40pm
I'm not an old timer either, but I think even in the last three years things have started to explode.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
justducky View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:00pm
It really has! Its seems when the economy tanked is when people started looking to use them more. 
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:03pm
I used my first cloth diaper about 13 years ago, so I remember most of the cloth revolution from the ground up. Some things are wildly different while others are remarkably the same. It's definitely been an interesting journey. I have high hopes I'll be following it for awhile, as my two oldest daughters are both cloth lovers. I really hope I can be buying diapies for my grandbabies...some day. Big%20smile
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
justducky View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:07pm
Its so true things are the same, but different. I look at a diaper I see now and I think oh thats XyZ brand and then I find out its some other brand. You used to be able to tell what brand was what by looking at diapers but they all look the same now.

I gave my entire stash to my sister so now I have build a new stash from the ground up and I am super excited but very lost! I'm thinking prefolds and wool again.

Edited by justducky - 19 Aug 2011 at 1:08pm
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:44am
You can't go wrong with prefolds and wool! I started using cloth about 11 years ago so I know what you mean! My favorites are still prefolds and Mother-Ease one-size fitteds with wool. There's just a crazy amount of covers you can choose from now!   
justducky View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 1:02am
Whats the hot fitteds right now? Is Mosaic Moon still making longies? Man I have a million questions!
Mucki View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(23)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 54 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mucki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 8:12am
Welcome back to the fluffy side of life!

I don't know about the hottest fitteds, orange diaper co. maybe? Mosaic Moon makes sometimes longies and mostly some of the hottest dyed yarns! Wink

Mucki

--
Mom to those boys without a haircut and the girl with the Detective Beckett cut.
ShannonM1976 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote ShannonM1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 8:47am
Originally posted by justducky justducky wrote:

Whats the hot fitteds right now? Is Mosaic Moon still making longies? Man I have a million questions!

You might like GMD workhorse fitteds. They are made from PFs so super easy to care for and absorbent.
Married 2 the best man on earth
Mama 3 girls & a boy
Surromom boy 6/18/05
Birthmom boy 8/31/00
Life Changes
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 12:39am
A lot of people seem to love flats. I didn't necessarily think they were for me, but I'm tempted after reading how many people love them and how trim they are. I asked my mom and MIL if they would remember how to fold them, and they both had no doubt they could do it. They are amazed at prefolds, nevermind fitteds. And their only option to cover the flat was rubber pants. They were CDing in the early to mid 70s. Now.... It is quite overwheming to analyze the various options. There are soooooo many.

Another very hot brand is Sustainablebabyish (sloomb.com). Everyone raves about the quality of the products (fitteds, wool, flats, etc.). They come with a steep pricetag, but it seems you are getting a high quality. I just ordered my DD's first pair of SBish longies, and I am awaiting fluffy mail. Yay.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply