Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Dessert Free Challenge!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:19pm
Red meat...hmm? We do eat that a lot. Do you have a link to that study Katherine? Soda's kind of a no-brainer. I'm glad I've given that up (other than occasionally for a treat).
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Sponsored Links

minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 7:54pm
katherine- I would like the link too! I am always reading that red meat is actually good for weightloss.
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 8:01pm
aaah, s'mores, that sounds heavenly! *trying not to think about s'mores* Embarrassed
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 26 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:36pm
How is everybody doing the last couple of days? I've been good, last night we had dinner at my parents and everyone else had apricot cobbler and ice cream except me... that wasn't too fun! Tongue Today we're headed down to my Grandma's in southern CA and it'll be a lot harder cause she will have sweets sitting out...
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:07pm
monday will be my first day! i am getting it ALL in while I can- this is a toughie for me, glad to have the support of you all!
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 11:22pm
I can't believe I made it through this weekend with no sweets....but I did! Passed up the wedding cake even though every one was ooh-ing and aaah-ing over it, drove by one of my favorite old ice cream places we don't have near my hometown, and went to Panera without getting my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookies or a sugary iced mocha.

I really feel like I've lost weight this week, my waist looks smaller. I'm anxious to get to the gym this week and weigh myself! (I don't own a scale.)

Katie, if I can do it, I know you can!
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 10:44am
Morning! It's day 1 for me! I did it up yesterday with lactation cookies, chocolate and nutella ice cream..

I started today with an egg sandwich- hopefully the protein will keep me full without craving sugar too early!

Erin, that's willpower. Glad you feel good, that's motivating! I just got a wedding invite for Oct. 1st for friend's I have known forever but barely seen in the past few years, it would be nice to get to my pre Maggie weight by then. The scale was 130.5 today (it had been 127 2 weeks ago, around my post maggie low). But more than that I want to feel more fit and less flabby!
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 26 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:04pm
Yay for your first day Katie!!!

Erin, that is awesome! It'll be neat to hear if you lost some weight! I did pretty well too, considering all the M&M's, dark chocolate covered pretzels, sugary cereals, donuts & dark chocolate covered pomegranates that were sitting around! It wasn't easy though... I did eat a blueberry muffin at breakfast yesterday and it was amazing the cravings I had after that! Sugar really is like a drug. I don't think I've lost any weight, but I'm weird when I'm nursing and it seems like nothing helps me to lose weight! Speaking of that I should go exercise... Ermm
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 2:08pm

Good luck, Katie!

Great job, Brittany. It's so much harder when the sugary stuff is sitting around in front of you. ITA that sugar is a drug, at least it is to me. Maybe some people aren't as affected by it.  

Edited by erinchelsea - 15 Aug 2011 at 2:09pm
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:30pm
Made it through day two without any sweets other than fresh fruit- BUT i did snack a WHOLE lot and have a feeling the scale might be UP!? yikes!
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:39pm
I hope the scale didn't go up, Katie!

I have to say in week 2...I miss baking already. Trying to decide how I can work on a dessert for the P'ingredients contest without actually *eating* any!
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:15am
I've been pretty good at sticking to my plan.

OK, i did finish some half eaten granola bars for the kids this weekend when we were camping. but you know it's not good to leave them for the chipmunks, right? but otherwise no overt sweets or treats.
horseymama View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(16)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 174 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:50am
So it looks like I will be joining you all after all, since I started on amoxicillin for probable Lyme's last night I'm cutting out sugar to try and keep from getting thrush or yeast infections. Disapprove
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:06am
We're glad to have you join us, Erin, but not for that reason! Unhappy 
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 11:20am
ugh! IT is up 1.5 lbs !? i am seriously irritated.
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(16)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 174 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 12:27pm
Tongue Sorry about that, Katie! That's so annoying.

Do y'all have any ideas for sugar-free snacks/foods that are easy on the stomach other than just rice or toast? I am feeling really nauseous from the amoxicillin and all I want are sugary things like ginger ale and sorbet. I'll do some smoothies but don't want to do tons of fruit even because it's still high in sugars. It's like being preggo, nothing sounds good! Confused
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 168 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:36pm
How about plain yogurt with just a bit of honey? Would that be too much sugar? Baked potatoes? IDK, I'm not good with non-sugary snacks.Tongue

Katie, that's not fair!
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 4:22pm
how about popcorn? oatmeal with a little applesauce in it? sting cheese, english muffin with butter or peanut butter. french toast. banana bread or muffins (low sugar recipe). cheese quesadilla.
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(16)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 174 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:50pm
Erin, I'm not good with non-sugary snacks either! Tongue Baked potato actually sounds really good though. We're out of regular potatoes right now (just have sweets), I'll have to pick some up.

MMm, Katie, popcorn hit the spot for sure! That was a great one! Thanks ladies, I knew I could count on y'all!
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
ok, I have a confession i cheated. big time. like huge. a brownie, dark chocolate and nutella ice cream here is the kicker- the scale was down today not a lot, but it was back to where it was when I started this pretty much. i am so mad! i think its because I was trying so hard not to eat sweets that I was snacking on cheese, chips and salsa, peanut butter and apples, etc and eating more calories than before! plus, it was during a couple not very active days. i do still need to get off the sugar habit because it's SO UNHEALTHY to eat that much, but I think for weightloss it's going to be about calories for me here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>