Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Let's lose it! :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 1:30pm
Almost 8 weeks PP here and I'm determined to get back into shape faster than the 2 years it took after Z I started Baby & Me yoga 2 weeks ago and walking last week, so it's a start!

Initial Goals:
Goal to be back to pre-preg weight by May 1 - 4 lbs to go!
Goal to be swimsuit-decent by beach vacation mid-June (regardless of the number on the scale, I just want to be able to wear a suit without being horrible self-conscious)

Pounds to lose to middle weight goal: 9
Pounds to lose for overall weight goal: 14
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 5:26pm
Woot woot!

32 weeks 5 days pregnant, had my appointment today and my midwife told me I weigh 20 lbs. less now than I did at the same point in my first pregnancy (I started at the same weight both times). Thumbs%20Up My blood pressure is remaining normal this time as well. I think all the exercise is really doing the trick! 6 weeks from today is my c/s so if I can maintain a 1-lb. per week weight gain I will gain about 35 lbs total (rather than 60!).
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Mom2Miles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(13)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mom2Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 5:41pm
That's great, Erin!  Good job!
Laurie, SAHM to Miles (7) and Leah (4)

There's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. ~Jill Churchill
cowboyswife View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(9)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 138 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote cowboyswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 1:36am
Way to go Erin on limiting the preg weight gain!!

I'm down to 163 from 181 in December, so I'm pretty happy...I haven't been posting much, but we started a weight loss challenge at work between the 4 of us at my smaller workplace and its been quite helpful in making me think before I eat.  I'm also trying to get back to more exercise, but it sure would be nice if spring would come to make it a bit easier to get outside!
~Heather
Wife to T and Mommy to two on earth and two in heaven.
Using my "spare" time to do a little sewing - www.facebook.com/createdbycowgirl http://www.cowgirlscreations.ca
KeepItSimple View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote KeepItSimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:44am
I am sitting at 171 now so I have actually lost a full 10lbs since I lost my initial baby weight.  Another 10 lbs to be where I was pre prego, but I am able to wear the jeans I had then Confused
Jenny,wife to Adam since 1994
SAHMom to:
18. 17. 15. 13. 12. 10. 8. 7. 5. 3.& Eva Joy 6-11-13
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm
Great job, Erin! I'm sure you must feel so much better this time :)

I'm definitely not going to make it to my 1st goal by May 1. Just like last time, my body is stubbornly hanging onto those last couple of pounds of baby weight I'm trying to not think about the number so much and focus on getting more exercise and my fitness.
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:03am
130 lbs this morning.

I've been walking everyday though sometimes it's just the the ice cream place. Embarrassed

I started thinking about some of the stuff I used to be able to do and think that's where I want to place my goals. Granted I'm not ever going to have my 17 year old body back, but I should be able to think about doing somethings without killing myself.

So I aspire to be able to:
Run a 6 min mile
Cartwheel, i figured double back handspringning was out of the question
Do the splits, maybe shoot for elevated splits, but don't know that I could ever fully support my weight on my hands again
Rehone my volleyball and softball skills, ie pitch a strait shot and set a volleyball a dozen or so times w/o flopping it

Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:46am

Final check in till post-baby:

Start weight: 135 (ish)
Weight at last OB appointment before delivery: 172
total gain for this pregnancy: 37 lbs. So 2 lbs over my goal, but not bad! Much better than 60 for my last one!

I suspect I'll have 15-20 lbs. or so to lose after the initial weight loss from the baby, but mainly after the first 8 weeks or so I will focus on getting back into shape by exercise. I'll be BF'ing so won't do too strict of a diet but will try to eat healthy.

minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:48am
WTG Erin!!!!!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:43pm
Thanks, Katie! Smile
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 11:17pm
How's everyone doing?

I started working out again this week so here's my new stats. I'm not losing as fast as I'd like, eating too many carbs & sweets I think. Embarrassed

Starting weight: 160 & a size 12
Goal weight: 135 & a size 6-8
Fitness goal: run a 5K October 22 (Susan G. Komen run)

Last pregnancy I lost the weight without really trying but never toned up or lost my tummy. This time I'm going to focus more on getting fit and toned. I'm doing the C25K program 3x a week and will lift weights 3x a week using the program from the Body Sculpting Bible for Women. I used that to get in shape for my wedding and it was awesome.
zoobabes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zoobabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 11:28pm
I really need to post here as an extra motivator because I have completely leveled off/started to go back he wrong way in spite of still nursing 6-7 times a day.

Current: 137lbs., size 6-8
Goal: 125lbs., size 4
Jodi - Head Zookeeper

Wife to my One True Love - Scott

Mama to CC-7, DJ- 6, SR-3.5, & IG -1 and my 4 furry kids

"All because two people fell in love..."
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(61)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 114 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:25am
I really need to join in here... I have a wacko metabolism and somehow GAIN weight very easily when nursing instead of losing it, so I recently start exercising 3x a week hoping it'll help me start to lose.

Starting weight: 190lbs, size 14 were getting too small
Current weight: 187lbs, size 14 fitting now
Goal: 160lbs, size 12-10
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:14am
Clap Glad to have some mamas to join me! We can do it!
zoobabes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zoobabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 11:47am
Checking in again today!
Really need to add exercise back into my routine regularly again.  That is my next personal goal. I did lose a pound from last week, but I think it was just from sweating it off in the 90+ degree heat and having no A/C for a day.LOL

Starting: 137lbs., size 6-8
Current: 136lbs.
Goal: 120-125lbs., size 4
Jodi - Head Zookeeper

Wife to my One True Love - Scott

Mama to CC-7, DJ- 6, SR-3.5, & IG -1 and my 4 furry kids

"All because two people fell in love..."
JamieNoblit View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote JamieNoblit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:34pm
Checking in with you girls!  I'm down to 139, my goal is 130.  My bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding is keeping me in check, I tried it on today and it FITS.  The lady took it in too much and I couldn't even zip the inside zipper a couple of weeks ago, and now I can do it myself and spin it around.  It's a little tight but not overbearing.  I'd like to be 135 at her wedding in 16 days.
Mom to Caelan 9-10-07 and Cullen 8-18-09
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:50am
I've been stuck at 130 lbs for the summer. I figured my body had finally regulated to where it wanted to be. Since the weather cooled this week we've been walking more. And I weighed myself this morning. I usually weigh before eating and showering, but I was curious after my shower. So even with a full belly and wet hair I'm at 129. I broke the plateau! Makes me motivated again! And I feel less guilty about the fried cinnamon rolls my uncle brought us yesterday.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
raspberry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote raspberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 1:24pm
Oh I so need in on this.

Current weight: 150
Goal weight: 130
Fitness goal: climbing gym every Monday, Wii yoga 1 day a week, stationary bike or walk 2 days a week
Nutrition goal: track food and water intake EVERY DAY

I need motivation! What do you all do to keep yourself motivated?
Wife to Adam (9/01)
Mummy to Kara (7/06) and Nolan (2/09)
raspberry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote raspberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 12:46pm
I started tracking food and exercise on http://www.myfitnesspal.com. Pretty good site so far.

I'm far from meeting my exercise goals so far.   
Wife to Adam (9/01)
Mummy to Kara (7/06) and Nolan (2/09)
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:04pm
I'm serious about losing my baby weight.  Starting today, I've stopped having lunch AND dinner deserts (my husband has a sweet tooth and runs 20 miles a week so he can eat whatever he wants.  I have realized I can't).  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>