Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

How to Pin a Dipe- a Little Tutorial :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mdahm98 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(48)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdahm98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by mamatothepiggy mamatothepiggy wrote:

I don't see why you would need to use pins with the other options out there, like Snappis fitted dipes with snaps or or the Monkey Doodlez TAG covers, where it is not a pocket but the prefold or pad is held under end-pieces and closes like a disposable.... not trying to be rude but it seems like so much to pin and unpin every change if there is no need for it...

If you don't want to use pins then don't ;) And it's really not that much extra work.
~Morgan~SAHM to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
Sponsored Links

MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:54pm
I pinned for many year until a few months ago. I was letting my 2 y/o run around in a pinned flat and she came up to me crying with a pin sticking her in the side! Ouch! She had actually ripped it open and it was poking her! So now I only snappi. I find if I really pull the side in before I snappi I can get a good tight fit. I much prefer to fasten my dipes because I really HATE poopy cover too.
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:25pm

I don't see why you would need to use pins with the other options out there, like Snappis fitted dipes with snaps or or the Monkey Doodlez TAG covers, where it is not a pocket but the prefold or pad is held under end-pieces and closes like a disposable.... not trying to be rude but it seems like so much to pin and unpin every change if there is no need for it...
There are lots of reasons to pin. A lot of people use flats and prefolds for a lot of different reasons. Cost, natural fibers, ease of laundering are a few. Snappis can be difficult to use and you can't go coverless with a snappi. I personally prefer a snappi but haven't really tried pins much. Been poked too many times. Pad folding isn't very good for poo containment and as one mama pointed out on another thread somewhere that pad folding makes little bums look like they have a 2x4 in the cover LOL.
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by mdahm98 mdahm98 wrote:

If you don't want to use pins then don't ;) And it's really not that much extra work.

Yes - this. 

I don't pin all the time but it doesn't take anylonger to use pins than a snappi.  I tried coverless with a snappi and DS2 got stuck to the couch. LOL

I dislike snap fitteds too, don't get as good a fit.

I hate just laying in a cover and I did loos my snappi and only had pins for three days.  Wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
scrivnermom72 View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote scrivnermom72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:00pm
I started using cloth diapers before they invented snappis and pins were the only option. I've tried the snappi but I used pins for about 7 years while diapering my oldest 3and it's just second nature. I'm not even sure how I figured out how to do it. My mom may have shown me or I might have gotten instructions with my first delivery from the diaper service. This is an excellent tutorial and to those whose pins aren't slipping through the fabric, try storing them in a bar of soap. The soap does a wonderful job of lubricating the pin so it goes through the diaper easier.
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:38pm
I <3 pins!
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
mdahm98 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(48)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdahm98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:08pm
I forgot I posted this!! I miss CDing now that DS is potty trained, but I LOVED using pins too!
~Morgan~SAHM to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12