Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Flats Comparison *Pic Heavy*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mom of 5 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mom of 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 1:00pm
That's what I've got now and it's working great! I have to wash every other day, but I would anyway. It would be nice to have 3 dozen of each, but 2 works.
Sponsored Links

a_christen View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote a_christen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:03pm
wonderful post - i've been needing this comparison. is SB sustainable babyish/sloomb? I can't keep up with the changes!
PhotoJess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhotoJess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:00pm
Thanks for posting this. The Orange Diaper Co flats looked interesting, so I checked out the site. Is the price on the site ($10.95 for infant size) for just one flat or is it sold by the dozen? Half dozen maybe?

Also, anyone tried DR flats?
Wife [Corey.Jul07]
Mom [Asher.Dec08][Kovi.May11] giada md
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 208 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:07pm
I love my 6 SB (Orange Diaper Co) flats. The price is per diaper though. I found mine FSOT and would love more. They are way more absorbent than my IKEA flats and I love the little bit of stretch they have.
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
PhotoJess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhotoJess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:13pm
Poo! That's what I thought... Would love to try it, but I can't afford - literally - to fall in love with those flats. I guess the bamboo would be more expensive than cotton...
Wife [Corey.Jul07]
Mom [Asher.Dec08][Kovi.May11] giada md
LulaCici View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote LulaCici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 3:27am
Great comparison pictures!
michelleml View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote michelleml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 1:48pm
great thanks for posting this im a newbie to flats and have few from target, walmart, ikea and ll but would love to try gmd

Michelle
sugarloaf`10 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote sugarloaf`10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:46pm
thanks for the pics! and I never knew Ikea made flats- I have to check that out.
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 4:17pm
i got my hands on older cotton babies bleached flats EGYPTIAN COTTON! wow, they feel soo nice, size small so i just use them as doublers. they are sewn on all sides, perfect square, so great for cute folds on a newborn/small baby, love that the edges stay flat! otherwise, love my unbleached osocozy smalls.
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 4:18pm
yes, i've been looking at bamboo, it's like $10-20 per flat! not hitting the lottery any time soon...
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 4:19pm
i might be exaggerating :)
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:39pm
i bought 2 dz small flats, mostly second hand cotton babies and osocozy, and still use them for my 20 lbs LO but usually with a hemp/bamboo doubler in a flip/bummis cover - love how trim it is!

i have one large osocozy flat that i can 'fold' into a diaper and snappi - debating whether to get more...
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 1:23pm
I'm only 3 months in to this whole cloth diapering thing and love my prefolds.  Flat diapers look really scary to me and all of the folding seems like just another step when it's time to change a diaper.  

Do you all fold the diapers before so they are ready?

What's the benefit of flats?  People really seem to love them, so I must be missing something.  Fill me in!
SDJeannieZ3 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote SDJeannieZ3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 2:20pm
So are the old Scuttlebutts and the new Orange Diaper Co. ones exactly the same? And is there any significant benefits for getting bamboo?

I have really been liking my Diaper Rites, but can't get over the cuteness of printed flats from ikea and Swaddlebees.
Mommy Goose View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mommy Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:53pm
I have fallen in LOVE with flats!  Thank you so much for sharing!  This will definitely be useful for me in the future!
thatbaldchick View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote thatbaldchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 4:59pm
I had no idea Ikea even carried flats!  Happy shopping!
scrivnermom72 View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote scrivnermom72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 5:06pm
I would love to know what each of the abbreviations stands for. I really want some bamboo jersey ones but they're very expensive. All I have are 5 Gerber flats and they're quite small. Some of them are getting worn out too.
meljc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote meljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:37am
It would be great to add some of the newer flats to this comparison, like Imagine (cotton and bamboo) and Blueberry (cotton and bamboo)!
matope View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote matope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:46pm
has anyone used tshirts and other random fabrics (old sheets etc) as diapers? how are they absorbancy wise? i need to add to our stash and im planning a salvo run... hoping to find something out of the box that might work!
kathy711 View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Yearlong Pinner
1 year 106 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote kathy711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:58pm
I have only one size flat - the large (about 32 x 32 before shrinkage), and use it in the "kite fold" for my 41 month old daughter. CDing is new to us - until Thanksgiving, I used disposables. Switched to the cloth flats out of desparation, when the disposables were always leaking, and it became apparent that potty training was not going to happen anytime in the near future.
We use a second flat which we padfold as an insert.

The large flat fits my daughter fine now, and should fit for a long time to come.

From what I've read, though, the large flat may be much too much diaper for a newborn or small infant. I started using them in January, after I decided that regular prefolds were a tad too small, and the "toddler" prefolds were gigantic - so I don't have any pre-toddler experience with the large flats

Kathy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>