Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Movie Review Thread 2010-2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
krisperry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie Review Thread 2010-2011
    Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 9:20am
Review your recent flicks and let us know what you thought!

Clap     Cry     Angry     Dead     Clown

Archives:
Kris, mom to 6

"Mom, say mad backwards" Isaac, age 7, said with a devilish grin

Sponsored Links

BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 27 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:28pm
Alice in Wonderland -

DH & I went to see this last week on a date night and I liked it... suprisingly. It was wacky, but I thought well done and not too creepy (which is why I didn't like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at ALL). I've never seen the animated version though or read the book! Anyone else see it?

Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
gpsinma View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpsinma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 9:44am
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Dd1 is crazy about it. It is a really bad spoof of itself, with some very good, very catchy songs, and several hooks to making it a cult classic (which it is). Anyone else seen it? Opinions?
gps
DD1 1/94, DD2 2/99, DD3 4/00
DS1 9-11-08, DS2 3-4-10
Jay Quick View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jay Quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 1:07pm
The best movie of 2010 by far has to be inception mind blowing and action packed what a great movie
krisperry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 10:42pm
I agree with Inception.

Despicable Me and Tangled were great family movies. I'm not a big fan of cartoons but I enjoyed both of these.
Kris, mom to 6

"Mom, say mad backwards" Isaac, age 7, said with a devilish grin

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 11:44pm
Inception was fantastic!!

Tangled - the kids loved and I also enjoyed it

Black Swan - weird and out there. Probably won't watch it again. Natalie Portman did a great job in her role but not one I would watch over and over. I can see why she was nominated and won for best actress

RED - it was a fun movie a comedic adventure. A fun movie to watch with DH
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 132 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:06am
I didn't love Inception. Maybe because I heard all the hype and it didn't live up to it.

Just watched tangled yesterday and really liked it - I was surprised that my kids (middle and high school aged) enjoyed it too...

Haven't seen much else! Need to catch up!
Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 41 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:44am
Rio- very good Clap.   Watched it last night with the boys.  Joseph loved it and Jordan even sat and watched it.  DH and I thought it was pretty good too.  Will probably watch it again

Rango- not impressed.  DH and I didn't really like it, Jordan could have cared less, Joseph watched it but got bored during,
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
salediaper View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote salediaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 9:22am
I really enjoy amimation movies
This year i fall in love with :
Rio +++
Arrietty ++++
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 3:38pm
we just watched Tangled last week and I thought it was very cute! I have hopes for dd really liking it when she's older. Ds was running around not really paying attention to it but the next day asked to watch it again.. he didn't and hasn't asked again. We did buy it so I will be trying again.

Rio we got with netflix over the weekend and dh, ds and I watched it and all liked it. Ds watched the whole thing- though it was late and we were all snuggled together, so that helps- and has watched it two more times. we sent it back today, I am certain he will be very sad when he comes home from school since it's clearly the only thing he has a desire to see right now. Dh said he thinks it will be one to buy also.

Red Riding Hood- I was very excited for this but wasn't crazy about it. I give it a C- it wasn't the worst but I wouldn't care to see it again.
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 2:29pm
We saw Rango last night and ds very much enjoyed it! I only watched some because I had to put dd to bed in the middle, but I thought it was ok. Ds is into reptiles and amphibians though, so I guess that has something to do with it!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply