Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

diaper countdown - washer out *UPDATE at end*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diaper countdown - washer out *UPDATE at end*
    Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:41am
So my beloved DH broke our washer last night. Angry (He is a car nut and is restoring a '59 Jaguar.  He put the 50-year-old carpets into our machine and they disintegrated, clogging it all up.  The service guy could take up to 5 days!  Luckily it was a new machine and the warranty will cover this.)  I just did diapers yesterday afternoon, so today I started the countdown to see how long I could survive.  Today I went through 1 flat, 4 fitteds, and 4 pockets/AIOs.  Luckily no covers got soiled. Thumbs Up I have remaining 12 flats, 5 fitteds, and 12 pockets/AIOs.  (I also have 8 prefolds waiting in a box in the US.  May have to make an early trip down if things get hairy.Confused)  I figure I could do a handwashing of the flats, but I'm not sure how hard core I am... I'll probably wimp out and use sposies if it comes to that. Embarrassed  But first I am going to have fun seeing how many days I can survive with my full stash being used. 
Tracy

Edited by Tracy_S - 14 May 2012 at 6:56pm
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 222 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:46am
It would be interesting to see how long you can go. If I used ALL the diapers I have, including extra flats and PFs stored away, I am embarrased to say how long I could go without washing!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 80 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

It would be interesting to see how long you can go. If I used ALL the diapers I have, including extra flats and PFs stored away, I am embarrased to say how long I could go without washing!

Good luck

Clare--I am right there with you. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 3 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:15am
Good luck! There's always receiving blankets & tshirts if you want to go there.

I'm with Clare & Emily, at least for my DS2. Couldn't go very long with the newbie. 
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(16)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 313 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:32am
We would last embarrassing long without a washer also.

May I suggest you use you flats first? They will survive being dirty longer.
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:53am
ooh, let us know how long you can go. it is certainly an interesting topic!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:09am
We could probably go a full week, no problem. LOL
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by mom4moju mom4moju wrote:

We would last embarrassing long without a washer also.

May I suggest you use you flats first? They will survive being dirty longer.

Hmmm... good point.  Thanks.
Tracy
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:11pm
Good luck Tracy!
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:24am
I could easily go 4 days on my current stash. I'm sure you could hand wash flats no problem....especially if you have a diaper sprayer. I hope he gets there sooner so you Don't have a ton of laundry backed up.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:42am
End of day Wednesday:  Have been using mostly flats and fitteds (for naps) as per the earlier suggestion.  Down to a handful (4-5?) of flats and maybe 3 fitteds.  Still have about 10-11 AIO/pockets.  The repair guy is coming on Monday...  This will be close...

Tracy
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:59pm
So a full week without a washer and I made it!  Okay, it helped that we used sposies all day on Saturday because we were at a funeral and in the car most of the day. Embarrassed  But still....
Washer repair guy was here for two hours and had some (polite) words to say to my DH about what NOT to put in washers... LOL

I have three AIOs and one flat left even.  (The AIOs were in a box b/c B wasn't fitting them anymore about two months ago.  But now they fit again!  So this experience has served to enlarge my usable rotation too. Thumbs Up)

Tracy
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:10pm
That's great!!
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:19pm
So, how many loads did you have?
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by mommyjessica mommyjessica wrote:

Haven't actually done them yet b/c we are doing a bunch of rinses and "pure" cycles to make sure everything is flushed out.  But it will probably just be one load of baby stuff.  It has a large capacity and usually my baby loads are only half full. 
Tracy
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by mommyjessica mommyjessica wrote:

Haven't actually done them yet b/c we are doing a bunch of rinses and "pure" cycles to make sure everything is flushed out.  But it will probably just be one load of baby stuff.  It has a large capacity and usually my baby loads are only half full. 
Tracy
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:16pm
Wow, good job momma! I hope the washing goes easy for you.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 181 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:02am
Nice! I always hate when I find screws and bolts at the bottom of the washer when DH forgets to empty his pockets... Makes me nervous!
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:13am
lol your washer was under warranty your story reminds me why i dont let dear husband do any laundry! lol :)
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:14am
meant i'm glad your washer was under waranty :)
Originally posted by kcanstef kcanstef wrote:

lol your washer was under warranty your story reminds me why i dont let dear husband do any laundry! lol :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>