Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

non-PUL newborn covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilmonksmom View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non-PUL newborn covers
    Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:46am
Please recommend your favorite non-PUL covers for newborns.  Do you prefer snapping or pull-on style covers for newborns?  I am looking for something that will fit a larger newborn well and will fit over fitteds. 
Sponsored Links

sunnymom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 138 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:51am
I prefer snapping or aplix for newborns because their noodly little legs are tough to wrangle into soakers. We use a mix of wool and pul.
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by sunnymom sunnymom wrote:

I prefer snapping or aplix for newborns because their noodly little legs are tough to wrangle into soakers. We use a mix of wool and pul.

Good point!  Thanks for the advice.  I have not used cloth on a newbie before.  I forgot about the noodly legs.  Your comment made me remember how difficult it was to put pants on DS when he was a newborn. 
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 213 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:33am
I loved bummis whisper pants on my newborn. They are so,soft and gentle and roll down easily under the cord. You would have great containment over fitteds and they smash down nicely under onesies. Nb size fit for a long time.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:52am
I really like Loveybums, they have the softest most wonderful jersey and interlock wraps. They also almost always have seconds of some sort on their webpage.  I don't like soakers for a newbie, but I do like SBish longies too, they seemed easier to get on my DS when he was a newborn.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 66 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:48am
bummis original in size small would be a good option. and of course, fleece and wool.
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:42pm
The Bummis whisper pants and original both look nice.  I have never used a nylon cover before and am glad to hear they are soft and gentle.  I definitely want to try a Loveybums wrap.  It is super important to me that diapers are both soft and comfortable.   
hleannie View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Perennial Pinner
4 years 303 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote hleannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:47pm
I preferred fleece more than wool in the EBF (liquid poo) stage just because it's so much easier and quicker to wash/dry. 
Heather =]
Look! I finally fixed this signature!
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by hleannie hleannie wrote:

I preferred fleece more than wool in the EBF (liquid poo) stage just because it's so much easier and quicker to wash/dry. 

This is a good point!  I didn't have to many issues with my fitteds though. When I did, though it was usually just a little and I spot cleaned.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:14pm

Do you have a favorite fleece cover?  I definitely need a few non-wool covers, since my mother and sister are both allergic to wool/ lanolin.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 213 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by lilmonksmom lilmonksmom wrote:

Do you have a favorite fleece cover?  I definitely need a few non-wool covers, since my mother and sister are both allergic to wool/ lanolin.

I also forgot to add I loved my Wallypop fleece wraps for the NB/small stage.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:14pm
it'll be my first attempt to CD a newborn in a month! 

i am knitting a couple wool wraps where i can sew a button for closure and will try sewing a couple light fleece wraps with elastic back/legs and snaps closure. i'm thinking it's gonna be a hot summer with frequent diaper changes, so i don't need to worry about thicker wraps - baby will grow into medium covers (wraps and pull on) by fall hopefully and i use that size for my 1 year old boy right now :)

baby beehind has sandwich PUL velcro covers like the bummis whisper wrap, the small still barely fits my 20 lbs+ son now! (wearing a snappi'd kite fold flat). 
boysniris View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote boysniris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 1:16pm
There are a few fleece wraps I like: Little Boppers Ai2s, Stacinator fleece (they are puffier but will fit over big diapers) and I like the ones I make -- EmotiBums "Doubles"!  Size 1 fits from about 8 - 20 lbs, and is also nice for padfolding on older babies.  The fold down rise snaps into place so it is not as bulky and won't shift or unsnap when you are putting it on :)

http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=2558&category=95
Melanie, mommy to two busy boys

Happy fleece :-)

EmotiBums
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by lilmonksmom lilmonksmom wrote:

Please recommend your favorite non-PUL covers for newborns.  Do you prefer snapping or pull-on style covers for newborns?  I am looking for something that will fit a larger newborn well and will fit over fitteds. 

would you ever try motherease air flow side snap covers? generous enough for fitteds but PUL i believe, and i still love them b/c they are more breathable than most PUL covers... 

i have also used OS snap kawaii covers- loved how it does not have PUL, EBF poo was contained and washed off easily AND has front flap for padfolding later on. but during our super chubby phase, elastic was too tight and we had to take 5-6 mos break, we're back in them now at 1 year on medium setting with large pad folded flats!

Edited by vansen19 - 10 May 2012 at 4:40pm
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by boysniris boysniris wrote:

There are a few fleece wraps I like: Little Boppers Ai2s, Stacinator fleece (they are puffier but will fit over big diapers) and I like the ones I make -- EmotiBums "Doubles"!  Size 1 fits from about 8 - 20 lbs, and is also nice for padfolding on older babies.  The fold down rise snaps into place so it is not as bulky and won't shift or unsnap when you are putting it on :) 

agree :) just bought some guc momma made fleece snap wraps with in elastic legs/waist and i can padfold perfectly in them- i just hand rinse little stain and wash once a week with normal laundry. i def wouldn't mind some more...
 Post Reply Post Reply