Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

favorite newborn fitteds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilmonksmom View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 60 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite newborn fitteds
    Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:41am
What are your favorite fitteds for newborns?  I am looking for something that will fit a larger newborn well without rubbing the cord. 
Sponsored Links

gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:48am
We used dri-line fitteds up until about 12 lbs and then switched to yellow workhorses. We never had trouble with her cord rubbing. I had one kissaluv size 0 that I really liked as well but I think they are more expensive...
Amy, married to Josh (2002), mommy to Amelia (2011) giada md
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 60 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:18am
Originally posted by gourami gourami wrote:

We used dri-line fitteds up until about 12 lbs and then switched to yellow workhorses. We never had trouble with her cord rubbing. I had one kissaluv size 0 that I really liked as well but I think they are more expensive...

Thank you.  I have not heard of dri-line fitteds, so I will look those up.  My sister has some kissaluvs that she is going to give me, so I am glad to hear you liked them also.
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:58am
The dri-lines were good cheep velcro fitteds.  Not super absorbant but our newborn pooped so frequently that it was never a problem (We changed her every hour or so).  My girl was tiny so we actually used these until she was 4 or 5 months old.  If you like snaps or closureless (so you can use pins or a snappi) then the workhorse diapers have both options.  They have a newborn size as well as small.  If your baby is big enough you might be able to skip right into the smalls... they have a lot of comparison pictures on their website if you want to see them on different babies. 

Is she giving you enough kissaluvs to get through the first few weeks?  If so then you could definitely skip right into the small workhorses...
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:03am
I just did a google search and it looks like they've made the dri-lines fancier (and hence more expensive) these days. 

Here is a link for the workhorse fitted page... we still use these (we are in red edge now).  They work great and have good resale value if you take care of them.... http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:19am
I used the yellow workhorses on my DD right from the start. I just put them over her cord and it worked well. you could also fold the front down and put it under the cord if you get the snapless style. Those were my favorite NB diaper. My DD was 7 lbs 12 oz. but put on weight fast, I liked using the yellows since they fit for quite a long time.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 60 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:06pm
My sister is giving my enough newborn prefolds and fitteds that I probably would not have to buy any more newborn diapers.  However, I have never used prefolds before.  I do not like snappis and am afraid to pin.  I might just trifold them, but then I would need lots of covers.  Maybe I will skip the newborn size fitteds and just order smalls.  I do not want to spend tons on money on newborn diapers that might not even fit, but I also do not want to deal with leaks because of diapers that are too big.  Erin, it is good to know that you were able to use the yellow workhorses from the start.  Thank you both for sharing your experiences. 
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:01pm
We loved . . .
  • Thirsties Duo Fitteds Heart
  • Orange Diaper Co
  • Motherease Bamboo Sandy's (x-small) Heart
  • Organic Caboose
  • bumGenius Bamboo Heart (discontinued but you might still be able to find)
  • GMD Orange Workhorses
  • Tinkle Traps Pre-Fitteds (no closure)

BTM View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote BTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:08pm
I loved scuttlebutts (orange dc)!! They are soo cute and snuggly:)
wife, mom to sweet TAZ, and sweet growing toddler AJZ giada md
cowboyswife View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote cowboyswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:43pm
I have one ODC that fit pretty good from day 1, but I think it will be outgrown fairly quickly. I also have several sun seedlings size small, they fit from the first week on my 8lb 6 oz baby, and I think they will fit for a long time. They are super cute and soft! I think I like them better partly because they're front snapping vs the ODC that is side snapping, but she makes them both ways.
~Heather
Wife to T and Mommy to two on earth and two in heaven.
Using my "spare" time to do a little sewing - www.facebook.com/createdbycowgirl http://www.cowgirlscreations.ca
mttav View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(61)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 135 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mttav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:43pm
I loved my one lowly Sun Seedling right from the start, and it fit much longer than any of my other newborn dipes. There was another brand that seemed to fit quite a while, too, but I can't remember what it was at the moment....   If I think of it, I'll come back.
Mom to T (8), M (6), S (3), and X (tiny) and wife to my BFF.

P'inductee
P'inductee

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 60 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:05pm
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am so excited about buying itty bitty fluff.  We did not start CDing until DS was about 7 months old.  By then he was already wearing medium longs and larges.  I look forward to CDing this baby from day one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply