Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

SB Swirls & Tweets - gender neutral?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SB Swirls & Tweets - gender neutral?
    Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:24pm
Can Swaddlebees' prints Tweets and/or Swirls be worn on a boy or girl or do you think they are just plain girly?

Edited by gbabies - 06 May 2012 at 7:26pm
Sponsored Links

bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(17)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:25pm
I think they're girly.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(35)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 28 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:12pm
Girly. I do love them, though!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
hleannie View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Perennial Pinner
4 years 118 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote hleannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:37pm
I think tweets could be gn but swirls looks girly.
Heather =]
Look! I finally fixed this signature!
GreenJessicaA View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenJessicaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:53pm
I think they could be but I personally find them to be more girly.  
Wife to David, Mama to DD(04/07) and DS(08/11) giada md
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 72 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:28pm
I think gn for both.
Wife to my Air Force husband and SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
Mrsc1999 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrsc1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:45pm
I think they are girly.
slednmom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:59pm
You know me I would go either way but I have swirls and it is girly
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

lilmonksmom View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Perennial Pinner
3 years 297 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lilmonksmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:41pm
I would put both on either a girl or a boy, but I think they are a little girly.
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:53pm
I've had mamas buy both for either girls or boys! I think tweets is probably the more gn of the 2 though.
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:09am
I think they are girly, and agree that tweets is more gn.  I put boyish stuff on my girl all the time though, she is too young to care and would do the same with a boy until he is old enough to care!

Amy, married to Josh (2002), mommy to Amelia (2011) giada md
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:42am
I think that their both kind of girly. Swirls more so. They're not so girly that I wouldn't put them on a boy though.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:46am
Thanks Mamas, this is very helpful :)  Still not sure whether to buy one of them . . . I love Tweets so probably should, right? Wink
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(16)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:20am
just think of it this way, the kid doesn't care what is on the bum and the mom is the one who has to look at it, wash it, fold it, put it away and choose it again. so, i don't put a lot of emphasis on girly or boyish unless it is "super" girly. some stuff is just too much for a boy. 
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

k
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(16)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:24am
i am not easily enabled but you just sparked my interest in this diaper!

who has these? my only concern would be washability since we have hard water. for reference, i can successfully get flip stay dry inserts clean as well as tots bots easy fits. sometimes they do require extra washes and a sniff test after every wash to check cleanliness. how do these compare, thickness wise?
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

k
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by mommyjessica mommyjessica wrote:

i am not easily enabled but you just sparked my interest in this diaper!

who has these? my only concern would be washability since we have hard water. for reference, i can successfully get flip stay dry inserts clean as well as tots bots easy fits. sometimes they do require extra washes and a sniff test after every wash to check cleanliness. how do these compare, thickness wise?
LOL  Sorry, not trying to enable Embarrassed  . . . well maybe a little Wink  If you do fine with TBEF and Flip inserts you will be totally fine with this diaper.  This is one of the easier to care for diapers out there. And after only 2 washes, we went out and about with this diaper for 4 hours Clap

Edited by gbabies - 07 May 2012 at 12:56pm
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by mommyjessica mommyjessica wrote:

just think of it this way, the kid doesn't care what is on the bum and the mom is the one who has to look at it, wash it, fold it, put it away and choose it again. so, i don't put a lot of emphasis on girly or boyish unless it is "super" girly. some stuff is just too much for a boy. 
Sooo true Mama . . . thanks for the perspective Tongue
slednmom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:34pm
I agree with who cares on the color or print. I buy what I like since it is a diaper; clothing I do gender specific but don't care on the diapers which is why Boston wore Zinnia and Rainbow Shine and the girls have Moonbeam and a now a monkey print Swaddlebees OS OTW ;)
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by slednmom slednmom wrote:

I agree with who cares on the color or print. I buy what I like since it is a diaper; clothing I do gender specific but don't care on the diapers which is why Boston wore Zinnia and Rainbow Shine and the girls have Moonbeam and a now a monkey print Swaddlebees OS OTW ;)
Did your Swaddlebees arrive yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply