Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Grovia shell opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 152 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grovia shell opinions?
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:42pm
What do you think of them with padfolded flats/trifolded PFs?

Hearing MomBeck and Christina/mrscakes talk about them, I picked one up at my local consignment stores that sells CDs. So far, I really like the fit! M is already wearing it fully unsnapped, so it definatly runs a lot smaller than Duos or Capris. The PUL is so nice and the elastic is super gentle. I'm wondering if the mesh will take a while to air dry in between changes?
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
Sponsored Links

amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:39pm
I have one shell that I trifolded a PF or...a couple of times...pad folded a Gerber flat just to experiment. It is definitely super trim. I find the dry time to be quick- even with the mesh. I did not find the elastic to be gentle on my DD, but she has seriously chunky thighs. I think it would be a great option for petite or average-sized kiddos. When using a PF (GMD red edge) I always had to make sure everything was tucked and not exposed. I never tried the snap-in soakers. They just seemed so expensive when a flat or PF could serve the same purpose. I haven't used it on DD for a while. I think I'll have to throw it into the rotation tomorrow.
edited to correct typos

Edited by amymcg97 - 04 May 2012 at 9:48pm
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:46pm
Oh, and it's not PUL, it's TPU, which makes it more environmentally friendly. And I totally forget why....    I have done so much CD research that it's all becoming a bit scrambled in my brain. And I agree with you completely- way smaller than a Duo, through the crotch and in the rise. ( I haven't seen Capri IRL.)
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:15pm
I'm really liking them - good thing b/c they're pretty much all I'm using right now!  They don't take too long to dry in-between changes, and can be used several times and aired out before washing.  They do get stinky a little faster than plain PUL covers, but that's to be expected with the mesh inner.  

D (~22lbs) wears them on the middle snap setting with a padfolded flat and I've used them all the way open over a fitted (but I prefer wool over fitteds).

Oh and as much as I like the shell, I didn't like the snap-ins at all.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 152 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:56pm
Amy, that makes sense that it is TPU, it feels different but nice. I skimmed the TPU info, I also don't remember why it is supposed to be better.

I am up to my ears in flats and prefolds, I don't have any reason to try the snap in soakers. This kid knows when he is wearing something new. He has pooped in it for 3 days straight, so I haven't even really been able to test it out very well on him. Though, it has grood containment so far even though it has a very narrow cut. Thanks for your input!
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:32pm
DD is napping in her GroVia shell stuffed with red edge GMD PF and a Clotheez doubler. (Not so trim, but it fit.) They must be so trim with a flat....
I made a point of using it today after your post. It hadn't been seeing any love lately....
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:02pm
Hehehe... Sorry for enabling :) I really like them with padfolded flats and I find the mesh dries pretty quickly! And TPU is more eco friendly because the urethane is bonded to the polyester with heat instead of using a chemical solvent like PUL. Apparently the solvent is pretty toxic so not good for employees making the diapers. Glad you're liking it Clare! And I agree it's really a better fit for average or lean Los. They're the best covers I've tried with gdiaper sposie inserts too! Great for traveling!
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 152 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:11pm
You inadvertently enabled, Rebecca And, you always love all the great diapers, so I had to try it out!

Edited by Clare_S - 05 May 2012 at 4:12pm
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

You inadvertently enabled, Rebecca And, you always love all the great diapers, so I had to try it out!

O
Good, my conscience is clear LOL! And I can't believe how long it took me to try one!
 Post Reply Post Reply