Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Any reason I can't trifold in a BG pocket?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any reason I can't trifold in a BG pocket?
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:10am
Any reason I can't trifold in a BG pocket instead of using the pocket?  A friend just gave a brand-new one to me (I didn't take the MF inserts since we don't use synthetics) that she wasn't using and I'm not sure what to do with it... right now we're only trifolding in covers due to rash issues so I was thinking that I could just use it like a cover?  Any reason why that wouldn't work?
Sponsored Links

bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 221 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:22am
I don't see why you couldn't. It would be just like using it as a cover.
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 38 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:30am

I have done both.  used the BG as a cover and stuffed the BG with a flat or PF.  Either works fine.  The only difference in the BG and a regular cover would be I don't reuse the BG because of the lining.

Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:39am
Cool, thanks ladies!  I just put it on D with a padfolded flat to try it out :)
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:51pm
Let us know how it works for you :)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 112 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:55pm
Go for it!!

I did it when I started CDing and got tired of stuffing the pocket with the PF, I just laid it in and used the BG like a cover. Worked great!

I only stopped because the exposed snaps on the OS (on the rise) would rub DD's inner leg and leave welts.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:09pm
Honestly, I think depending on how wet it was when you changed it, you could probably even use it more than once if you wanted too. The microsuede isn't going to soak up a ton of moisture, and that part isn't going to touch your LO anyway.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:23pm
It worked fine and I actually like it better than the 1 Flip we have (which I don't like the fit of at all). I think the microsuede inner actually helps hold the flat in place instead of it sliding all over like it does in the Flip.  We did use it twice before it got stinky, so it is possible if the flat doesn't get soaked.

Sarah - thanks for mentioning the snap rubbing issue, I'll have to watch out for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply