Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Making your own woven wrap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making your own woven wrap
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:18am
Ok, I really want a woven wrap for DD because we're starting to have sag issues with our Moby.  Has anyone else done this?  Any advice?  Here's what I know so far:  use Osnaburg and follow instructions similar to this http://rdmama.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/tutorial-tuesday-how-to-make-an-osnaburg-wrap/

Do I need to know anything else before I embark on this project?  Thanks for any advice or input!
Sponsored Links

mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:13am
I haven't done it, but I know that's a common fabric for DIY wraps.  I think the biggest thing is just making sure that it's safe, and it looks like she goes over that a bit in the link you posted (like you don't want seams in the middle, etc.).  Good luck and definitely post the finished product :)
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:41pm
I've done it with pretty decent success! I bought some really pretty airy fabric that was sturdy (somewhere along the lines I read to pull really hard on it to make sure it doesn't rip). I would do the osnanburg (sp???) if I was going it over again though, but this was for a wedding so I needed to coordinate with a b.maids dress (and then I ran out of time and didn't even get it done!).

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:23pm
The fabric has been purchased.  I really hope this works out.  Saving $100 would be sweet!

lstols View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(2)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 27 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote lstols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:53am
Honestly, it is unbelievable how easy they are to make.  All you really need is 6 yards of good sturdy fabric, even a cotton gauze is good, nice and breathable.  If you can get it 60" wide then you can make 2.  She doesn't say in her tutorial, but I like to taper my ends a bit to make it easier for tying off.  My LO is 26lbs and I frequently carry her on my back with my homemade woven wrap.
Laura - Mom to DS 5/05, DD 4/07, DD 9/10, DS 4/13
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:08pm
Update:  Wrap is made!  Wrap already has food on it.
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:38pm

way to go! pics? I'd love to see it.

mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by ambrose ambrose wrote:

way to go! pics? I'd love to see it.

Me too!
 Post Reply Post Reply