Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Need a 5 point to booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 37 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a 5 point to booster
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:03pm
I need an inexpensive, but good 5 point that turns into high back booster to give FIL to use for Charlie when he is here for the summer.  Last year car seats were a battle.  Grandpa thinks it's ok to buy old beat up ones at garage sales and also thinks C. should be able to sit in a low back booster.  Yes, he's 6, but he still only weighs 36lbs and is only 44inches.   So this year I want to just nuy a seat and install it in his car and tell him that C. is to not use any other seat!!! I have a Frontier for my car and I like it, but would like something less pricey for FIL's car.  Ideas?  
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
Sponsored Links

Bectoria View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(43)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 180 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bectoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:13pm
graco nautilus?  a bit over $100 but works for ages as a harnessed seat.
Becky
SAHM to DD1 (9), DD2 (7), and DD3 (3)
hudfamsix View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote hudfamsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:20pm
I'd vote for the Graco Nautilus too.  We have one for Zeke.  It goes from 5-point to high back booster to backless booster.  Up to 60 lbs on the 5-point, I think, and up to 100 lbs for the booster.  When Emma gets too big for her Britax Roundabout, I'm getting another one for her.
Beth
"Babe" to Jason (12 years)
Knitting, Running, Homeschooling Mom to
Sierra (11), Tyner (9), Zeke (5), and Emma (3)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 145 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:21pm
I just bought a Nautilus for Abram. I'm hoping it will last a long, long time.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 304 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:41pm
I also just bought a nautilus for my oldest. I'm really liking it as well.
Julie-

USAirForce Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 55 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:44pm
Another nautilus vote. 
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 1 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:26pm
I've had my ODS in a Nautilus since 3.5 and he's 7.5 and still fits in the 5 pt harness and he is average weight (50-55lbs) and on the taller side.  He is fine in a booster but I just haven't taken the time to take the nauti out of our car and he's comfortable in it. 
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
 Post Reply Post Reply