Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Bad swap purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad swap purchase
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 4:18pm
I am so disappointed... I bought a pooters fitted diaper from the baby center swap boards without seeing a picture but it was listed as EUC and I wanted to try one for overnight.  Anyway, i just got it today and the elastic on one side is completely relaxed.  Not just a little loose but totally shot.  I am so annoyed with myself for not asking to see a picture.  She had pics of all her other stuff and claimed that they were in with the sleeping baby.  I should have asked for a picture when the baby woke up...

What should I do? I sent a note to the moderator for the board... I guess I will just wait to hear what she says. 

I have some elastic so I guess I could try to fix it but I don't know how to sew (the elastic I have is for the waist of my crochet longies... ) 
Amy, married to Josh (2002), mommy to Amelia (2011) giada md
Sponsored Links

rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:49pm
That's a bummer momma, I would probably want her to refund my money including shipping.  You might try sending her a nice message to let her know how you feel. Maybe she washed it and the elastic broke during the wash and she didn't notice.  I had that happen to me once with a GM (I did notice the elastic broke though because it was one both sides). 
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
whm721 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote whm721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:17pm
if it doesnt match the description she should give you a refund.. you should try to contact her
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:10pm
I would ask for a full refund bu offer to pay shipping back to her. Otherwise, she could end up receiving bad feedback :( I would for sure refund your money!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:19pm
Ugh, I hate conflict... I am the type of person who will just eat the wrong food when the waiter screws up instead of tell him that it is wrong.  I just emailed the mama, hopefully we can resolve it.

Here is a photo. 

P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:22pm
Ouch!  that is not excellent condition. If she doesn't want to work with you, let me know and I'll PM the link on how to fix leg elastic. It's super duper easy, and takes about 8 minutes max.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:26am
Can you post the link here? I could use it!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:47am
THIS is how you do it. She does it with a need an thread, but I used my sewing machine and it was probably way faster, and more secure. Same concept though.
quinnNjesse View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote quinnNjesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:49am
that's a great link!
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:07pm
Thanks for the link.  If I try this with a hemp diaper (pooters) instead of fleece like they show, won't the places where I cut the little holes to add the new elastic fray?

Thanks again!

P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:26pm
That's why I did it with a machine.  I sew up and down and up and down so it looks like this IIIIIIIIIIIII from just below to just above the hole I cut. You can do the same thing with hand sewing, but it will take much longer.
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:43pm
So, as long as I do a ton of stitches back and forth, it will keep it from fraying?
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:27am
Maybe it is a diaper she has not used in a long time or she did not even realize the elastic issue (just trying to give the benefit of the doubt).  If you tell her about it and send pics, she might be really apologetic and be more than happy to take the diaper back and give you a refund.  Well, this is at least my hope for you Mama - Good Luck!! Wink  Does she have positive feedback on her other sales/purchases on BC?
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:29pm
The mama responded to me today, said she didn't realize there was a problem with the elastic, that the diaper hadn't been used in a while.  Anyway, she agreed to a partial refund so I am going to try and fix the elastic.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
hleannie View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Perennial Pinner
4 years 303 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote hleannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:40pm
Oh good! I fixed the elastic in a bunch of my aios. It wasn't so bad once I figured out the first one.
Heather =]
Look! I finally fixed this signature!
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:02pm
The other mama agreed to refund $7 of the $10 I paid for the diaper.  Now I need to try to fix it...
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:02am
It's super easy and a ton of stitching back and forth will work. Do you have a machine?
gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:52am
No, I'm gonna try to do it by hand...
 Post Reply Post Reply