Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

waterproof pull up trainers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
genny View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote genny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: waterproof pull up trainers
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 2:52pm
I'm looking for a beginner trainer for dd.  She's 1 1/2 and pretty good about taking herself to the potty but does have accidents.  If I put her in a cloth diaper she'll just go in it and not attempt pottying at all.  If I leave her bare bum I find puddles occasionally...I find that yucky and she likes to splash in them ... sorry if it's TMIEmbarrassed  I'm looking for something waterproof that she can pull down herself.  I was thinking ladder hill design but am not sure if they are great or not.  Anyone have experience with this brand?  Any other brand suggestions?  I've tried Gerber training pants and find they don't hold a single pee accident.Angry 

TIATongue
Sponsored Links

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:00pm
I posted a similar question about trainers a few days ago and got some good rec.'s. Ladder hill was one. They look amazing that's for sure. I have a few of this and that but we haven't really started wearing them so I can't speak to them yet.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:51pm
By not holding a pee accident, do you mean her pants get damp or that there is a puddle to splash in? 

My favourite trainers were Little Star (from No Babies Allowed on HC), but they aren't leak proof.  The crotch is PUL so it will hold a dribble, but a full pee seeps out the sides and you need a new pair of pants.  Since it is seepage, there isn't a puddle.  In a weird way, I didn't mind the wet pants because I could see and change her at once so she wasn't used to being wet any more.
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Dec1st Dec1st wrote:

By not holding a pee accident, do you mean her pants get damp or that there is a puddle to splash in? 

My favourite trainers were Little Star (from No Babies Allowed on HC), but they aren't leak proof.  The crotch is PUL so it will hold a dribble, but a full pee seeps out the sides and you need a new pair of pants.  Since it is seepage, there isn't a puddle.  In a weird way, I didn't mind the wet pants because I could see and change her at once so she wasn't used to being wet any more.

I saw those the other day but now I can't find them on HC. Do you have a link?
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:12pm
http://hyenacart.com/stores/NoBabiesAllowed/

It looks like they closed yesterday to complete a big order.....  What size are you looking for?

(oops - It's little comet tails NOT little star)
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
genny View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote genny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:11pm
I usually have her pantless with just the trainer on around the house or else bare bum with an oversized shirt that just covers her bum.  With the trainers I put her in today ... I think they're called bright bots or something similar it caught the pee/no puddle but I would like something completely waterproof.  I have 2 other kiddos and am pregnant with number 4 so I don't always notice right away they she's gone... would love something waterproof.  Gerber didn't hold nothing...puddle on the floor!
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:27pm
What about a flip trainer? 
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
genny View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote genny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:32pm
Are flip diapers the one's that have a disposable insert???  My kids are highly allergic to anything synthetic. Are the flip trainers similar in design with a disposable insert?
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:53pm
i think flips have a cotton insert too. i'm looking at them for harry. hmmm...think i might need to start a spin off.
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:18pm
I just ordered a pair of the flips. Haven't got them yet though.
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:55pm
The flips have a fully cotton (organic I think) insert, which is really soft. They seem super absorbent, and a girl at my brick and mortar said her toddler fell asleep in them accidently, and they didn't leak.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

The flips have a fully cotton (organic I think) insert, which is really soft. They seem super absorbent, and a girl at my brick and mortar said her toddler fell asleep in them accidently, and they didn't leak.

oooh awesome!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply