Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

how do you know when the dipes are fully prepped?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leah79 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote leah79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you know when the dipes are fully prepped?
    Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:51pm
I just received my unbleached flats and prefolds from GMD and spent the weekend washing them.  For the flats I put them through 2 hot washes (first with a little extra soap and 2nd w/ no soap) and an extra rinse or 2, for the prefolds I soaked them in boiling water in the sink with a squirt of dawn for about 15 minutes and then ran them through 2 hot washes like the flats.  I only put them through the dryer once.  After they came out of the dryer I poured some warm water on them to see what would happen an it absorbed right away.  Does this mean my diapers are fully prepped or should I wash and dry them again?

TIA
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 222 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:56pm
If they absorb quickly, they are ready to go.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:12pm
I never fully prep anything. I just wash things like that once and expect them to reach full absorbency by six washes. I'm to excited/ lazy to wait that long. They should be decently absorbent by now though
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
catadese View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(8)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 9 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:53pm
I'm with Stephanie!  I'm way too impatient.  I usually do a couple of washes and just let them get fully prepped during use.
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
 Post Reply Post Reply