Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

infant car seat question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SouthEastMomma View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote SouthEastMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: infant car seat question
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:19pm
this is the first time we're going to have to put a carseat behind dh.  the problem is that he is 6'5" and has to have the seat all the way back.  anyone else in a similar situation?  i've searched on car-seat.org and haven't found much.  if i can't get any info here, i'll post there lol

we drive a 2005 chrysler town and country.  i was hoping to get graco snugride 35 car seats for the twins because ds and dd were so big.  ds outgrew his infant seat by 6 months, dd we put straight into a convertible seat.  we would just do convertibles again, but with twins i think we need infant seats for easier portability.

to sum up ;)

2005 town & country
infant RF behind driver
driver seat all the way back
biggest limits on infant seats we can get

help???
Lauren
Married to Jeremiah
Mom to Oscar (8), Archer (6), Odin & Hugo (22 months)
Sponsored Links

Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
5 years 338 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:41pm
We have a snugride 35 behind the drivers side in our kia sedona. When dh drives he has the seat all the way back and there's enough room. Not sure how the sedona compares to the t&c though.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 348 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:53pm
my friend had a T&C when tiff was a baby and our baby trend fit behind the drivers seat and she is tall so she had the seat all the way back. BUT, i think the 35 is longer than the carrier i had. could he drive with the seat a couple clicks forward? jared is picky, his seat cannot be forward at all and he is just barely six foot. 
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 27 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:54pm
We have a T&C and a Chicco keyfit 30.  DH is 6'3" and puts the drivers seat all the way back and I don't think the car seat would work behind DH.  We have the infant seat behind the passenger seat and DH doesn't like to sit in the passenger side - he feels squished.  The only thing I haven't checked is if the middle captain's chairs are all the way back.  We have a 2008 model and you can move the captain chairs fwd and back - not sure if you can do that on all models though.

You may want to just take a trip to BRU and test out a few car seats to make sure you get the fit you want.

Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 27 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:57pm
What if you put 3 across in the back seat?  Then you can put one RF the passenger side, stow one captains chair, and have easy access to the back bench? Not sure 3 across even work with a RF seat, but it could be another option. And they the other 2 would have easier access to the back row.
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
SouthEastMomma View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote SouthEastMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:11pm
thanks, ladies, i think it will fit.  i am going to go to toys r us to see if they have one to try out. dh is sitting here telling me to get the seats, he doesn't care if he's uncomfortable LOL
Lauren
Married to Jeremiah
Mom to Oscar (8), Archer (6), Odin & Hugo (22 months)
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 348 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:12pm
that's sweet :)
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Post Reply Post Reply