Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

I am attempting to go caffeine-free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am attempting to go caffeine-free
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:41pm
Why this crazy talk? It really triggers my restless leg syndrome.

I had decaf at the ILs saturday evening. Even the caffeine in decaf kept me up til all hours. It keeps happening. I think i need to just go caffeine free.

I did just have two squares of my dark dark chocolate, because I'm bleary. Figured better sooner rather than later. I'm not going to avoid all chocolate, but straight-up dark chocolate bars are one of my main sources of caffeine.

I'm going to give it a week and see how it goes.

Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links

mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 10 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:42pm
Good luck. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 49 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:54pm
I admire you for even considering it .  Good Luck!!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:52am
I'm having trouble going from 3 espressos to 2.  I've tried swapping the 3rd for decafe, but it just doesn't "sparkle" like the real deal.  I'm contemplating going for the 3rd today...
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(27)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 85 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:30am
Good luck! You can do it! Make sure you taper off or you might get nasty headaches and gut discomfort. And warn your hubby, haha. :D

I went caffeine free almost six years ago after drinking at least 5 big cups of strooooong black coffee every day, plus super-dark chocolate and nightly tea. I needed to quit within a few days and it was pretty brutal, especially when the guys would be sitting right next to me in the job trailer chugging their joe all day. Have to admit it's nice to not feel tied (read: addicted) to it now though. :)
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:25am
Good luck!  I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I do have trouble getting my eyes open in the morning without at least a little  
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:01pm
ha ha.

hahahahahahahahaha. Coffee

(Becky insisits that's a coffee mug, not a beer stein)

Yes, SM. I got a wicked headache yesterday afternoon. I think i might just need to say: "no caffeine after 10am."
kingapat View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 142 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingapat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:07pm
How scary! Good luck!
DD 8/96 DS 10/04

DS 9/08 DS 3/10 DD 9/11 DS 3/14
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 298 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:08pm
Good luck! I've given it up for periods of time, but can't imagine doing it right now. Tapering off is definitely the way to do it though.
Julie-

USAirForce Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(16)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 239 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 4:24pm
I have a rule to not drink it after 4pm.  That's about as good as it will get around here. 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 96 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:40am
good for you! i have been caffeine free- excpet for dark chocolate, which i will never quit :) - since I got pregnant with ds. it was pretty easy for me since i was never a serious coffee drinker or dependent on it. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:15pm
I was able to give it up while I was pregnant, no problem.  But now...whew.  It's my lifeline :)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 138 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:02pm
It's so hard. Good luck. 
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 111 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:19pm
Good luck, Katherine! I've cut down to decaf but could still do to cut a bit of the decaf out too.

Side note: I have really uncomfortable pregnancy induced restless legs and 1 TBSP of LIQUID Cal/mag about an hour before bed helps to calm it down enough that I can sleep.
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by sunsmiles sunsmiles wrote:

Good luck, Katherine! I've cut down to decaf but could still do to cut a bit of the decaf out too.

Side note: I have really uncomfortable pregnancy induced restless legs and 1 TBSP of LIQUID Cal/mag about an hour before bed helps to calm it down enough that I can sleep.

Interesting. I had heard that, but when I was preg it was so bad, I couldn't really tell if it made a difference. But I've got a big bottle of cal/mag capsules I'd be glad not to waste.

Oddly I was up till 3:00 last night. No obvious restless leg. Only had a teensy-teensy bit of dark chocolate in the afternoon. Not worried or mad about anything. Totally baffled. Socks seemed to help, so maybe it was stealth RLS?

You know what one of the other culprits might be? Remember the unfortunate incident with my cat and my slippers? I haven't been wearing them since and my feet get cold. And temperature seems to be one of the triggers. Maybe I just need to cough up the cash and get myself a new pair of slippers? Or just give them a really good washing and put that incident out of my memory.

Edited by ambrose - 02 May 2012 at 3:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply