Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

I'm a bad bad momma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm a bad bad momma
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:43pm
I just bought

2 thirties duo wraps ( I only meant to put one in my cart
1 dozen brown edge PFs
8 brown work horses

In addition to some BG elementals I just bought on spots and the three capri covers

Plus the other things I got at my local CD store the other day. Shhh don't tell DH!!!
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:13pm
Look what happens when you get sucked back in! But, you did get some great stuff. I'm about to go on a FFC myself....
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:15pm
Naughty! I'm tempted to try a capri but DS is almost 2.5 and we have a ton of diapers.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:10pm
You could sell some of your diaps...hehehe

For some weird reason I feel like I still need stuff
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:08pm
It never ends :) Sounds like you got a great mini-stash!
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

You could sell some of your diaps...hehehe

For some weird reason I feel like I still need stuff

Actually, I just sold all my wool a few weeks ago and bought a whole new stash to add to my flats. So, I've done a lot of buying, but none of it came "out of pocket." It still feels like I need to slow it down, though!
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:02pm
Not to thread Jack but do you think those capri covers would fit a chubby 35 lb 3 ft boy with bih thighs and belly? I have a dozen flats that I could use to pad fold.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:07pm
Michelle, what else does he fit in? Sam is 33lbs and they would fit her, but she is obviously older and shaped differently.
kingapat View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 265 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingapat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:54pm
Bad momma, but what a lucky baby Wink
DD 8/96 DS 10/04

DS 9/08 DS 3/10 DD 9/11 DS 3/14
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:10pm
I'm ok with thread jacking as long as someone else is enabled to buy somethingWink

I think they might, they see  pretty roomy. They definitely have a high enough rise. I bet someone on here has a similar sized babe. I just got mine today though, so I'm not really familiar with them.  I could try it on my DD but she weighs 27lbs and is 3, so It might not be a good measure of fit.
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

Michelle, what else does he fit in? Sam is 33lbs and they would fit her, but she is obviously older and shaped differently.
He fits BSWW size L, Thirsties Duo Size 2 still fits, Thirsties Sized L
We have a Grovia cover (the discontinued ones) that still fits barely.
I actually thought he was about 40 lbs but I weighed and measured him today and he's only 35 lbs and almost 36 inches. I guess he's grown some in height but he still has some thighs on him and a tummy.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:51pm
If a Dup wrap still fits, the Capri will fit. Hopefully MomBecks can confirm that, too!
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:03pm
I think they fit similiar to but not exactly like the thirsties duo size 2.  They aren't quit as wide across the bum as a thirsties (where my fingers are spread). I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the back elastic in the Capri seems a little tighter.  The diaper over all is actually bigger though, and made with a larger cut of fabric. 

MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:47pm
Ya, I think a Capri will fit with room to grow on a 35 pounder! My DD is 33-34 pounds and has tons of room still :) I think they run a bit bigger than Duos in rise and width and you can get a more "stuffed" diaper in them as well - deeper gussets I think? HTH!
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:00am
Thanks for all your wonderful enabling help ladies and the picture was very helpful Stephanie. I think I can justify the purchase if I buckle down and sell some stuff on FSOT or craigslist. I have so much stuff lying around that doesn't fit that I could get rid of.
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:31am
Don't feel too bad, I just bought 3 flips, 2 duos and a capri last night.  Nicki's diapers has a great deal on flips if anyone is looking. 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:51am
Nice buy Christina, I think you'll really like the capri. The fit is great and my DS has tons of growing room in them.  I'm especially enjoying the high rise, and the way a large pad folded flat lays in it perfectly. 
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 276 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

Nice buy Christina, I think you'll really like the capri. The fit is great and my DS has tons of growing room in them.  I'm especially enjoying the high rise, and the way a large pad folded flat lays in it perfectly. 

Glad you like 'em!
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:50pm
You are a good mama. Those sound like very reasonable purchases to me!!!
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:19pm
Thanks for justifying my purchases, now I can go buy more
 Post Reply Post Reply