Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Anyone else juicing? Progress Update at bottom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 121 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else juicing? Progress Update at bottom
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:55pm
I'm down 5 lbs in 3 days which I realize has to be just water weight, but I'm still pretty thrilled about it. 

Edited by mairf - 26 May 2012 at 8:25pm
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
Sponsored Links

happymamaof2 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
7 years 15 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:33pm
That's great!

DH and I bought a juicer several weeks ago and he has been using it to replace his lunch each day. He has lost about 7 lbs so far, which I know would be more, but he doesn't juice on the weekends. We love doing combos of fruit and veggies. A family favorite so far is apple/pear/strawberry/carrot. Red peppers are yummy, too!

Good luck with your juicing!!
Mama to Ryan (1/06). Katelyn (3/07), and BIG BOY Gavin (4/13)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 229 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:05pm
Awesome! Hope it keeps up!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 227 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:04pm
My parents are and my dad dropped 10 lbs pretty fast! I'm seriously contemplating a juicer just so I can get some more nutrition into YDD (really the whole family) while we work on her food/diet stuff.

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:32pm
awesome! what kind of juices are you making? i have a small hamilton beach juicer that I haven't even opened..

renee- i don't think juicing is good while pregnant or nursing littles because it detoxes you too much!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:33pm
i should say serious juicing. i think adding it to your regular diet to boost your nutrient intake is fine! but replacing meals or doing it as a diet or weightloss is when the detoxing is too much.
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 227 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by minneapolismama minneapolismama wrote:

i should say serious juicing. i think adding it to your regular diet to boost your nutrient intake is fine! but replacing meals or doing it as a diet or weightloss is when the detoxing is too much.

That's definitely more what I had in mind... not hard core juicing as a full on diet.

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 121 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:38am
Day 7 and down 11 pounds! Woot!
I have experimented a lot and made some really gross juices! lol!  I drink them anyway because this is a really expensive venture.
I'm trying to do mostly green juices so that I get plenty of protein, and I have added in dinner of salad with 3 oz of lean meat.  
My green juice is (Sam is crazy about this one.  I have to limit him!):
Bunch of kale (like 6 leaves) or 4 handfuls of spinach
1 large cucumber
1 green apple
1 peeled orange
an inch of ginger root

My second fave is
Bunch of Kale
2 cucumbers
1 green apple
1 beet
1 peeled lemon

k
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:45pm
I've juiced in the past but my juicer has been packed away for a couple of years. I'm tempted to go and find it though.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 121 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:24pm
Update:  I have lost 22lbs in 29 days.  I have added in more solid foods, but am avoiding anything processed.  My skin has cleared up.  I have had rashy, itchy acne on my chin for years that the dermatologist gave me creams and antibiotics for (it helped some, but never completely cleared up).  Aside from the scars, it is gone!  I get cyclical migraines every month.  Not this month!  And on top of all that I have so much more energy!

k
krisperry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:11pm
Wow!  That is fantastic... and pretty amazing results.  I've wanted to do this for about a year.  I don't have a juicer though and they are pretty $$$....
Kris, mom to 6

"Mom, say mad backwards" Isaac, age 7, said with a devilish grin

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:38pm
Wow! That's great.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(60)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 220 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:45am
Mary Beth have you thought about getting a vitamix? Then you won't be losing all the fiber and nutrients from the pulp, the vitamix will liquefy all of that as well! I watched "Fat, sick, and nearly dead" on Netflix and I think that's what the guy used (we just got one). I love the thing! I'm also losing weight by making green shakes twice a day to replace meals. Anyway, just another option for those who want to consider juicing; it's a more versatile kitchen appliance.

I can't wait to try your kale recipes too! Congratulations on the new you ;) I'm going to try it 100% for a while to see if I can clear up my acne too,and lose the excess weight. What exercise have you done, if any? I need a plan!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 229 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 9:36am
Wow! That's awesome Mary Beth!!!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 121 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:52pm
Jessica - Joe on Fat Sick and Nearly Dead uses a Breville Juicer.  When you are doing a true juice fast the recommendation is to remove the insoluble fiber because that allows you to absorb the nutrients more rapidly and it is also easier on your digestive system.  If you do a full juice fast with all that fiber it's going to be pretty rough on your digestion.  That is such a sudden huge increase in vegetables!  I do have a vitamix on the way because this is a full lifestyle change for me.  Now that I've been juicing for a month I do want to add more fiber back in.  I think I will be able to tolerate it better if I add it back in slowly.  I struggle with digestive issues so I have to be careful (haven't had a single problem while juicing, though). I will still use my juicer some I'm sure!
The only exercise I am doing is walking.  If you go to Joe's website http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en in the FAQ section there are some videos. He talks about not doing strenuous exercise while juicing.
I found that I could not juice 100% without feeling really rotten.  I added in nuts for protein and then a few days later a serving of lean chicken in the evenings.  But Absolutely nothing refined and no dairy. The first 3 days were pure hell!  If I didn't have anyone to take care of and had a camera crew following me around I think I could have survived without adding in the extra stuff. Lol!

k
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:05pm
what's your day look like now? 
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 121 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:20pm
Breakfast: Juice and a handful of nuts (less than a 1/4 cup)
snack: celery with natural pb or hummus
lunch: juice or an avacado with a squeeze of lemon juice and a very scant sprinkle of salt
snack: juice or apple
dinner: salad of mixed lettuce, various veggies, and nuts or 3 oz meat
snack : juice
But I really fell off the wagon the last 2 days at my folks with lots of goodies around, and I feel awful, and my face broke out! (I think it's the wheat?) Starting tomorrow I am going back to just juice (with nuts for protein in the morning) for the week.  I have 30 about more pounds I want to lose and then I'll have to see what I need to do to maintain.

k
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(60)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 220 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:23am
Thanks Mary Beth! I'll check out the link, I also didn't know that about the fiber being too rough to digest on just a juice fast but it makes sense.
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
TrishaS View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote TrishaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 10:37pm
I tried it for awhile about a year ago and I had great results with weight loss and feeling better but its far too expensive for me :( I just do whole veggies and exercise now. Glad to see everyone here is doing so well though!
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 100 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 10:46pm
HOw is it going now Mary Beth?
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>