Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Sposie Confession

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newmominmaine View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote newmominmaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sposie Confession
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:10am
So yesterday MIL and SIL helped DH by hosting a bbq for my birthday!  On the way up to MILs house DH decided last second to take some things to SILs to drop off so we all jumped from my car into the truck.  In the rush and hustle I grabbed YDS and the cupcakes i had made for my Dad (his b-day this week too) but left the diaper bag.  Of course, at the party there was watermelon.... a favorite for DS.  after 4 or 5 pieces; a big poop.  Ug.  made even worse by the fact he told me he had to go, then while we were walking to the bathroom he went.  sigh.  a step i n the right direction right.  but still a mess, and no diaper bag... despite the fact that its a 5 min walk, or 2 min car ride I was feeling lazy and put on a one of DNephews sposies.  I felt a *tad* guilty but it was ok.  Then, after 3 or 4 more pieces of watermelon... another poo!!  I asked DH if he was ready to go, we could just leave then and change at home.  Of course he wasnt... so into another sposie.  Then,  when we got home DS pretty much fell immediatly asleep!  When I went to change him into pjs and night dipe he hadnt peed yet.... so i left him in the sposie... gulp.  it was so easy.  no stuffing, no thinking about what he had had to drink.... just jammies and into bed.  i must admit, it was sort of nice- i can totally see the appeal of "night time" sposies.  I dont think ill buy any, but for one second while I was getting him ready for bed I thought about it!  and, hes been up for 20 mins or so, and i cant smell him yet!  One of my big ick issues with his cloth, is that by morning- he smells.  not like stink issues, just like pee... my pregger nose cant handle it... the pee is strong, and he still goes a lot at night!  I guess id better get moving and get him changed so my little indescression is a thing of the past and not a temptation!!! 
Alex- SAHM to 3 amazing Bonus Children Olivia 5-97 Savanna 11-99 Billy 3-02 and my beautiful boys Westley 1-10 and Wyatt 6-12. Blessed and lucky to be with Billto,488px)div
Sponsored Links

Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 6 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:18am
I totally switched to night sposies when preggo. Preferred it so much I feel no guilt in not going back to cloth. I couldn't stand the smell, especially b/c I bedshare.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 22 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:20am
dont feel guilty.  We used night sposies for a long time.  DH had conversion to cloth issues.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:58am
I used them for a whole week about a month ago when there were some left over from with DH's aunt was here and I was out of town.  It was a nice break, and I didn't pay for it!  I have to opposite issue with smell though, I can't stand the way pee filled sposies smell....blechh (DS also got his first diaper rash during that time, not sure if it was related though)! Don't feel guilty, it's ok to indulge once in awhile, mommas can always use  a break.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:19am
We're using them at night until we can figure out how to keep DD rash free until the morning.   I guess one a day is ok when you are saving 10 from going into the landfill, but I still feel a little guilty about it...
 Post Reply Post Reply