Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Trainers For Chunky Monkeys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trainers For Chunky Monkeys
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:13am
I'm looking for some trainers for my chunkster. This is not an easy task. Our Blueberry trainers size large are super tight. Really too small but we'll try and make them work. So this is my dilemma. Who makes a roomy trainer? So many WAHMS on Etsy and Hyenacart make them small. The size ranges just won't work for us and many don't do customs.
Also wondering if anyone has tried the Happy Heiney's trainer (the size range is good) and the Fuzzibuns trainer (What does the large size fit like)?
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(32)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:42pm
I don't have much trainer experience. What about a Mother-ease trainer?
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
I see that they have them but only in boring white :(
Thay do have good size range though.
Is your DD PL? If so did you not use trainers?
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(32)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:09pm
She is trained but we never did trainers with her. For her, it was all or nothing. She trained right at 3 and was in diapers one day and out the next. It was weird. I probably would have tried some kind of trainer with her, but she would cry and beg for her diapers...so I just didn't go there.

I'm surprised ME doesn't do their trainers in their prints. Then again, they don't do their AIOs in prints, either. I thought they may have a good size range for bigger kids....their stuff isn't known for running small or trim
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:11pm
ME trainers come in some prints, but I've never been too keen on them (the prints that is) I love their trainers though! And DD always picked them out of the pile so they must've been comfy! Here's a link to their prints
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by MomBeck MomBeck wrote:

ME trainers come in some prints, but I've never been too keen on them (the prints that is) I love their trainers though! And DD always picked them out of the pile so they must've been comfy! Here's a link to their prints
Thanks for the link. I'm not a huge fan of their prints either but I do like print or colour over white. How do they fit in the thighs? Are they bulky like the Bummis trainers?
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(32)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:09pm
Haha, ME prints really do grow on you. I think they are cute in a different kinda way.
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:28pm
I used Imse Vimse with my son... but only a handful of times. (DS opted for his real undies.). There's a sandwiched layer of PUL. I wouldn't call them leakproof, but pretty absorbent. I found them to be pretty trim. They have a lot of size options and a handful of prints. The link is to my local store where I purchased DS's. I would shop around for pricing if you decide on these.
Imse Vimse trainer
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by samsmum samsmum wrote:

Originally posted by MomBeck MomBeck wrote:

Thanks for the link. I'm not a huge fan of their prints either but I do like print or colour over white. How do they fit in the thighs? Are they bulky like the Bummis trainers?

They're really gentle on the legs - my DD has thighs to spare ;) They aren't super trim but I actually liked how they looked on. Kind of old school.
Jaimeis View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaimeis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:56am
Ladder Hill Designs - Hope is AWESOME, INCREDIBLE AND WONDERFUL to deal with!!!  Super cute customs.

http://hyenacart.com/stores/ladderhilldesign/

I've only had nighttime trainers from her - but have full confidence in her abilities.  Just take your chunky monkey's measurements and email her :)
Jaime, wife to my beloved Andrew (3/06), mommy to Liam Nathanael(8/07) and Elijah Gideon (12/09)

My Family Blog
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Jaimeis Jaimeis wrote:

Ladder Hill Designs - Hope is AWESOME, INCREDIBLE AND WONDERFUL to deal with!!!  Super cute customs.

http://hyenacart.com/stores/ladderhilldesign/

I've only had nighttime trainers from her - but have full confidence in her abilities.  Just take your chunky monkey's measurements and email her :)

Ooh Those are really nice! All kinds of option to choose from.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(32)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:23am
Hey Michelle, these are almost 20% off at Nicki's today. Just wanted to let you know in case you were considering them.

ETA- the ME trainers. Forgot to say that.

Edited by Clare_S - 05 May 2012 at 9:24am
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:49am
Thanks Clare!
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:45am
I picked up the Flip that I bought and it''s pretty cool. Definitely a good option for when out or sleeping.
 Post Reply Post Reply