Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

What happened to Weehuggers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Weehuggers?
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:05am
I mean, I know they had their problems with the wicking and all, but did the whole company just disappear? That would really make me sad.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Sponsored Links

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:56am
I was wondering that too. My weehuggers hobo wet bag zipper broke and I noticed that different stores were clearing out the we be gone patch (which never worked). Then I noticed that they aren't affiliated with SB anymore.
I only had their hobo bag but it was not all that it was supposed to be :(

Edited by samsmum - 30 Apr 2012 at 1:00am
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
cowboyswife View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote cowboyswife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:01am
weehuggers.com is there with a long list of retailers....so I think they're still there??
~Heather
Wife to T and Mommy to two on earth and two in heaven.
Using my "spare" time to do a little sewing - www.facebook.com/createdbycowgirl http://www.cowgirlscreations.ca
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:33am
Swaddlebees/Blueberry discontinued them when they came out with the Capri. That is my understanding at least.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:52am
I have this awful feeling that it was my fault, after I e-mailed them, and directed them to that post where everyone was discussing their issues with WH. Last I heard they were going to reinvent the WH line. All I ever wanted was the WH to keep their awesome prints and go to PUL.  Those diapers always fit so well, and they had the best aplix.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:56am
The Capri really is a good reinvention of the Weehugger. It fits slightly different, but still really well. The velcro is different, but still high quality. I'm sure they recieved a lot of comments about the wicking and the wet bamboo issues, so not just from us. I do wish they used the same Weehugger pattern and just swapped the bamboo flaps and cotton prints for PUL, but I am really happy with the Capri.
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:41am
Mystery solved.......She said that production costs in America are really expensive right now,       so she's looking into other avenues.  It's so sad, I hope she's able to find a production source quickly, especially in this economy. 
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:52am
So she wants to keep making the Weehugger, but is trying to source it in the US? Or is it for everything Swaddleberry/Blueberry, too? It is so wrong how hard they make it for anything to be made in the US.
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:03pm
From what I understand, Weehuggers had a partnership relationship with Swaddlebees that has now been severed. If they're now looking for a new manufacturer, I would imagine they are going to come back as a completely independent label.
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:14pm
The weehugger was always made in the US, but production costs have gotten so expensive it would be impossible for a retailer/partner to make any money from the diaper.  I suspect that with the Capri line now available she will likely return independent, but I wouldn't see that as being difficult. 
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:15pm
Ah, I see, Rosa. I thought Swaddlebees was Weehugger.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 182 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:18pm
I also thought they stopped making Weehugger to make the Capri. But, that makes sense.
catadese View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 333 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:22pm
I love my hobo wet bag.  Michelle/samsmum  what issues did you have with yours?
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by catadese catadese wrote:

I love my hobo wet bag.  Michelle/samsmum  what issues did you have with yours?
I love the design of it but the zipper to the dry pouch came off. The we be gone pouch never worked and there was some wicking into the dry side. It was part of a rotation of 6 wet bags so it wasn't heavily used to wear out so quickly. Maybe I just got a bad zipper.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply