Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

20-24 Diapers . . . what mix of these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20-24 Diapers . . . what mix of these?
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:32pm
So, we used to have tons of fitteds, wool , aio's, pockets, pf's etc but after years of diapering I am much happier (or just a bit more lazy Wink) with a smaller,  more boring stash which is simple and convenient (other than my nighttime fitteds that is).  I want to have just 20-24 daytime diapers and would love to know from the following one-size diapers, how many of each should I have (keeping in mind I use hemp inserts instead of MF for pockets):
  • bumGenius 4.0 OS Pockets
  • bumGenius  Elementals
  • TotBots EasyFits
  • Swaddlebees OS Simplex

Thanks for your help!

Edited by gbabies - 29 Apr 2012 at 4:47pm
Sponsored Links

rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:11pm
  • bumGenius 4.0 OS Pockets = 0
  • bumGenius  Elementals= 10
  • TotBots EasyFits= 5
  • Swaddlebees OS Simplex =10

I don't like pockets, and I really don't like aplix (does TBEF come with snaps?). I feel like the only advantage to pockets is adding inserts for night time, and if your already using fitteds why bother with the hassle of stuffing pockets during the day. You know unless you have a super heavy wetter and you need it for naps, and even then, you can add him doublers/inserts to the AIOs. I think our stashes get out of control because we mommas love prints and are always trying to find the "perfect" diaper. I'm convinced it doesn't exist, but I'll keep searching anyway LOL
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 214 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:47pm
gbabies, I don't know anything about those diapers...but I like even numbers. If I liked them all equally, I would get 6 of each   
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

• TotBots EasyFits= 5

I don't like pockets, and I really don't like aplix (does TBEF come with snaps?). I feel like the only advantage to pockets is adding inserts for night time, and if your already using fitteds why bother with the hassle of stuffing pockets during the day. You know unless you have a super heavy wetter and you need it for naps, and even then, you can add him doublers/inserts to the AIOs. I think our stashes get out of control because we mommas love prints and are always trying to find the "perfect" diaper. I'm convinced it doesn't exist, but I'll keep searching anyway LOL
I love when Mamas don't like pockets.  In our stash they have a small spot but I just get a kick out of the Mamas who don't like them because they really do not like them LOL  I get it, totally do, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.  And I like your idea of the majority being BGE and SBOSS.  I think that is the way I will lean but still have just a few pockets Wink  You do make a good point though that they kinda are not necessary unless I have a really heavy wetter or for nights, but even then really not needed.  I think I keep mine because they are a reliable stay-dry option that does not require a separate lay-in liner.  The SBOSS will solve that problem though with the attached liner (once I receive my new SBOSS that is).
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

gbabies, I don't know anything about those diapers...but I like even numbers. If I liked them all equally, I would get 6 of each   
LOL I like them to be either all even or all odd.  So 7 of diaper1 and 5 of diaper2, etc or 6 of diaper1 and 4 of diaper2.  Funny how we all get wrapped up in the numbers Wink
slednmom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(52)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 140 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:53pm
Definitely I would do 12 BGE and 12 Simplex. I love both of these
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

slednmom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(52)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 140 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:54pm
Oops I haven't tried the OS Simplex but liked the sized
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by slednmom slednmom wrote:

Definitely I would do 12 BGE and 12 Simplex. I love both of these
Making me think I will do just a few TBEF an bG4's then with mostly BGE and Simplex.  And maybe eventually just go to BGE and Simplex Smile
hleannie View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Perennial Pinner
4 years 303 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote hleannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:01pm
My stash has 5 BG 3.0s so you know how long those have lasted. I had one BG OC which I think became elementals. It wore out much faster. I do alot of line drying so AIOs aren't my favorites.
Heather =]
Look! I finally fixed this signature!
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by gbabies gbabies wrote:

• TotBots EasyFits= 5

I love when Mamas don't like pockets.  In our stash they have a small spot but I just get a kick out of the Mamas who don't like them because they really do not like them LOL  I get it, totally do, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.  And I like your idea of the majority being BGE and SBOSS.  I think that is the way I will lean but still have just a few pockets Wink  You do make a good point though that they kinda are not necessary unless I have a really heavy wetter or for nights, but even then really not needed.  I think I keep mine because they are a reliable stay-dry option that does not require a separate lay-in liner.  The SBOSS will solve that problem though with the attached liner (once I receive my new SBOSS that is).

Sorry if my post sounded pushy!Embarrassed  I really didn't mean for it to!! In my defense DD's whole first stash which which stayed exactly the the same for just under two years were BG 3.0 pockets (with aplix). Then I found bigger better things with DS Here's my super logical thought process.....  think if I'm going to use something like a pocket for ease, why not just use and AIO (that way there's no added step of stuffing), and if I'm going to use an AIO why not use natural fibers since they clean up so well.  The only reason I don't have all AIOs is because of dry time, and even with natural fibers they aren't as easy to get clean as flats/PFs .  Oh, and because my favorite AIOs are BGEs and They don't have enough.....printsEmbarrassed  Well, and because I like wool for  night time.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:47pm

• TotBots EasyFits= 5

Sorry if my post sounded pushy!Embarrassed  I really didn't mean for it to!! In my defense DD's whole first stash which which stayed exactly the the same for just under two years were BG 3.0 pockets (with aplix). Then I found bigger better things with DS Here's my super logical thought process.....  think if I'm going to use something like a pocket for ease, why not just use and AIO (that way there's no added step of stuffing), and if I'm going to use an AIO why not use natural fibers since they clean up so well.  The only reason I don't have all AIOs is because of dry time, and even with natural fibers they aren't as easy to get clean as flats/PFs .  Oh, and because my favorite AIOs are BGEs and They don't have enough.....printsEmbarrassed  Well, and because I like wool for  night time.
Oh goodness Mama no, not at all - no apologies needed LOL  I seriously love when Mamas don't like something - it makes me think twice about the item and/or just makes me appreciate the differences in diapering preferences.  I am not a huge pocket diaper fan either but appreciate a few for ease and reliability for outings.  I hate unstuffing a poopy pocket though Angry I used to be an all fitteds Mama with some PF's but now, other than nights, AIO's are my fav Wink
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:29pm
Well I recieved our Swaddlebees OS Simplex and love it!  Will add more to our stash for sure and sell a few others.  I am leaning towards one of the four stash mixes.

Stash A:
  • 8 bG Elementals
  • 8 Swaddlebees Simplex OS
  • 4 bumGenius 4.0 Pockets
  • 4 Totbots Easyfits

Stash B:
  • 10 bG Elementals
  • 10 Swaddlebees Simplex OS
  • 4 bumGenius 4.0 Pockets
Stash C:
  • 9 bG Elementals
  • 9 Swaddlebees Simplex OS
  • 3 bumGenius 4.0 Pockets
Stash D:
  • 9 bG Elementals
  • 6 Swaddlebees Simplex OS
  • 6 bumGenius 4.0 Pockets
  • 3 Totbots Easyfits

Thoughts?
3 Totbots Easyfits

Edited by gbabies - 03 May 2012 at 12:31pm
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:07pm
I like stash A or stash B. If you really like TBEs then go for stash A, if you're not totally in love with them, and truly like the SB simplex and BGEs better go with stash B.  
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:30pm

I like stash A or stash B. If you really like TBEs then go for stash A, if you're not totally in love with them, and truly like the SB simplex and BGEs better go with stash B.  

Hmm, do love the TBEF fit and velcro is amazing comared to others but worried that over time the MF might annoy me (has not yet) but also worried I could regret selling. Maybe I will sell a few and see.  The easier wash/care of non-MF diapers though like BGE and SBOSS is super appealing to me.   Thanks for your post Mama . . . off to ponder moreSmile
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:31pm

Hmm, do love the TBEF fit and velcro is amazing comared to others but worried that over time the MF might annoy me (has not yet) but also worried I could regret selling. Maybe I will sell a few and see.  The easier wash/care of non-MF diapers though like BGE and SBOSS is super appealing to me.   Thanks for your post Mama . . . off to ponder moreSmile
I could always start with stash A and then move to stash B if I find I could be without the TBEF . . .
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:11pm

I could always start with stash A and then move to stash B if I find I could be without the TBEF . . .

I think that's a really great idea. Besides, something new will come along eventually and you won't be able to live without it, and you will have  "Stash F15332477GYYSH".  At least that's what stash I feel like I'm onLOL
gbabies View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gbabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:22pm

I think that's a really great idea. Besides, something new will come along eventually and you won't be able to live without it, and you will have  "Stash F15332477GYYSH".  At least that's what stash I feel like I'm onLOL
Ahhh, you are soooo right.  I wish you were not Angry  LOL  For now, I am aiming for Stash A and then move to Stash B and then . . . we shall see Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply