Forum Home Forum Home - Welcome! - Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome To Diaper Pin!  We are glad you've found us!

We have a wealth of information available to you in reviews, articles and through our members in our forums. 

Intros is a great place to start and tell us a little about yourself and where you are starting out cloth diapering.   The easiest way to start learning is jumping in and participating!

New to all of this!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RachelD View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to all of this!
    Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 7:43pm
Hello!

I am a new mother of a 3 month old girl.  We are cloth diapering and have enjoyed it...though I *really* wish I found this website before we started all of this so we could get some expert opinions!  Oh well, I'm glad I'm here now :)

A quick question:  Why I am blocked from so many forums? 

Also, I'm looking for a used woven wrap.  I really like my Moby, but as my DD is getting larger, I want the extra support from a woven fabric.  Does anyone have one they are looking to get rid of or have a good website that sells used baby wearing wraps?

I look forward to all of your input in the months (and years!) ahead!

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 258 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
Welcome to the Pin! Glad you found us!

You have to have a minimum number of posts to see certain forums. Keep posting! Smile

Can you see the FSOT (for sale or trade) forum? You can look for used wraps there. there's a P'in Search Of section you can post what you are looking for there.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 9:16am
Welcome! 

I found with our Moby style wrap that once my boys hit 15 lbs it was too stretchy for them.  I could never get it tight enough.  I have no experience with the woven one.  I switched to an ergo carrier, a recommendation from a friend and I love the extra support.  I also have a ring sling that I keep in the truck (now that C can sit up), for quick runs into stores without carts.  HTH
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 255 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:27am
Welcome! Post away and slowly (or quickly depending on how chatty you are! LOL) the forums will open up for you!

FSOT here is a great place to place and ISO post. Also thebabywearer.com has a FSOT section... that's where I got mine. I have both an Ergo and a woven wrap and enjoy both or different reasons. Once I get faster and more confident with back carries I know the wrap will be my go to carrier, especially since I'll probably be wrapping over my belly soon Tongue. Ergos aren't so comfortable on PG bellies!

Renee
Wife to K ~ 06/05
SAHM to JJ (ODS)~08/07, ME (ODD)~05/09, LG (YDD)~04/11, DA (YDS)~12/12!!

Pampered Chef anyone?
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 4:36pm
Welcome! Glad you found the Pin.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 107 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:55pm
Welcome and congrats to your baby girl :)
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
 Post Reply Post Reply