Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

flats handwashing challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:08am
Originally posted by BabyRN BabyRN wrote:

Ha! That's the week I'm in MI at my parents. They would think I was a crazy person : ) I'll live vicariously through everyone by reading updates on the pin instead. Smile

I am going to be away that week, too. I am actually planning on taking my flats with me, but because my trip involves caring for my five nieces and nephews in their home (plus my own littlest babe), I don't think I will have the time to wash diapers and blog about it :)

Sponsored Links

littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:57am
Der. It's supposed to start MAY 21. I was thinking I already missed the official dates. K, maybe I'll hold off a few weeks. LOL

I'm so enthusiastic that I'm jumping the gun. LOL
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
Araylee View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Araylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by littlehands littlehands wrote:

Der. It's supposed to start MAY 21. I was thinking I already missed the official dates. K, maybe I'll hold off a few weeks. LOL

I'm so enthusiastic that I'm jumping the gun. LOL

LOL Love it!!
Araylee View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Araylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:28pm
So my flats are GMD and little lions...and I have been eyeballing those deliciously soft and scrumptious bamboo jobs. Is there anywhere to buy them where they DON'T cost an arm and a leg? The frugal side of me just can't see paying $10 and up for a diaper that doesn't come with it's own fasteners! And the point of this challenge is to diaper baby on the cheap...right? Somebody reel me in!
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:38pm
I always thought they were prohibitively expensive until I tried to make some. It's not like they are hard but 1. bamboo yardage is outrageously expensive and 2. They take a ton a fabric. You can get about 2 per yard. 
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
Araylee View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Araylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:46pm
2 per yard?! For real?? OK well that makes sense...
Um I think you were supposed to be stopping me from making any unnecessary diaper purchases...*cough, cough...*
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 36 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:50pm
Well, they might be harder to hand wash. Does that deter you at all? ;)
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 1:08pm
Yep. If the yard is 56" in width and 36" in length and you cut the flat between 27" and 31" square, you get 2 with some scraps. I can get a LOT of diaper outers and soaker pieces out of a yard of bamboo.
Araylee View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Araylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 1:18pm
well that's an idea-maybe I can buy a yard of my own and just sew up some soakers for nighttime!
threekstrio View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote threekstrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by ShannonM1976 ShannonM1976 wrote:

Originally posted by threekstrio threekstrio wrote:

No...I am not joining. The person hosting this challenge is asking people to sign a petition to have the Federal Government make cloth diapers available through WIC. I am very VERY opposed to that idea.

I was curious why you are so against the idea but didn't want to send this thread off track so I asked in Viewpoints if you would like to answer. Smile

The public welfare system in this country is broken. Overall it does not produce citizens who accept responsibility for themselves and the children they produce. Taking more money out of taxpayers pockets and giving away more free stuff isn't going to fix that.
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:06pm
Not this year.  I finally have enough flats that I could easily make it work but no way with a newborn and 2 in diapers.  Hopefully next year at this time I'll be down to 1 in diapers and no newborn plus plenty of flats so I can give it a go.
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:19pm
What!- you're going to be in labor probably, and you don't want to do laundry in a bucket??

Slacker.

LOL
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:24pm

What!- you're going to be in labor probably, and you don't want to do laundry in a bucket??

Slacker.

LOL

LOL

Do you think the hospital would think it was a bit odd if I showed up in labor with a bucket and a plunger??  Kind of makes me want to do it just for the reaction and to give the nurses something to talk about!
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 183 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:43pm

Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 36 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:57pm
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by expectingnumber2 expectingnumber2 wrote:

Slacker.

LOL

LOL

Do you think the hospital would think it was a bit odd if I showed up in labor with a bucket and a plunger??  Kind of makes me want to do it just for the reaction and to give the nurses something to talk about!

birthing ball...birthing pool...birthing bucket?

Wait. What??
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:24am
Hey, if your squatting over that bucket and plunging, I'm pretty certain it will help the baby come out. LOL In fact, I'm going to start recommending it to more of our mommas.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12