Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

AIO, AI2 or Pockets?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 178 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by gourami gourami wrote:

AI2 would dry similarly to a pocket wouldn't they?  

Yeah, I guess they would. For some reason I was picturing an aio with an extra snap in insert when I said ai2s would take longer to dry. Oops! Can you tell I've never actually owned an ai2. My pockets are all 3+ years old and I don't really remember there being Ai2s when I was doing my shopping.
Julie-

USAirForce Wife, Mama to DS1 (5.5), DS2 (4), DS3 (almost 2) and another little one born in Feb
Sponsored Links

Selah925 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(60)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 179 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Selah925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:10pm
I'm the odd one out and did not like my BG elementals.  (In fact, I just sold those.)  I would go with pockets.  
Mommie to "A"(11/06), "I" (9/08), "E" (7/10), "O" (3/12), & twins (1/11/14)
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:52am
Why didn't you like them?
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Selah925 Selah925 wrote:

I'm the odd one out and did not like my BG elementals.  (In fact, I just sold those.)  I would go with pockets.  

Me too.  I got one to try and ended up selling it to Bree.  (Now part of *her* enormous stashLOL)

I didn't like the lack of stay dry liner (LO hates being wet) and the long dry time of the soaker.

Tracy
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
Selah925 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(60)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 179 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Selah925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

After the dryer, I always had to semi-turn the insert inside out to completely dry.  They tended to look dirty all the time (in comparision to my pockets) and they'd smell to me.  For some reason, they didn't fit the same as the BG 4.0.  They didn't seem as absorbent, either.  And mine got holes around the inside layer, even though they weren't used as much as my 4.0s.  Oh, and the inside layer seemed to roll out when I would put it on her, so I had to make sure that it was tucked in.

Just some differences, really, from what I was used to with the 4.0s.  Something I could adjust and work with, if needed.
Mommie to "A"(11/06), "I" (9/08), "E" (7/10), "O" (3/12), & twins (1/11/14)
GreenJessicaA View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenJessicaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:41pm
I like Ai2 diapers.  I have used several brands and loved them all.

I've only used swaddlebees AIO diapers.  While I didn't have any issues with them at all, they were my least favorite system.  I like fuss-free stuff.  I worried about using bleach in the was with AIO diapers having the PUL attached.  

Never even tried pockets--I primarily like cotton diapers so this pretty much eliminates most of them. (though swaddlebees could be considered pocket-ish)
Wife to David, Mama to DD(04/07) and DS(08/11) giada md
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Selah925 Selah925 wrote:

Originally posted by rustygriffen rustygriffen wrote:

After the dryer, I always had to semi-turn the insert inside out to completely dry.  They tended to look dirty all the time (in comparision to my pockets) and they'd smell to me.  For some reason, they didn't fit the same as the BG 4.0.  They didn't seem as absorbent, either.  And mine got holes around the inside layer, even though they weren't used as much as my 4.0s.  Oh, and the inside layer seemed to roll out when I would put it on her, so I had to make sure that it was tucked in.

Just some differences, really, from what I was used to with the 4.0s.  Something I could adjust and work with, if needed.

Hmm, that stinks (literallyTongue).  That's so interesting, I wonder if you got a bad batch or something. I do turn mine "in side out" to get them to dry faster, but I've never had any of the other problems and we use them a ton. 
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
whm721 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote whm721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:21pm
AI2, AIO takes too long to dry 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12