Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Disana sizing question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leah79 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote leah79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disana sizing question
    Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:10am
I want to get a Disana wool soaker but I am having a hard time figuring out the sizing.  I have been looking at GMD and the Disana sizes are so far off from Karen's recommendations I don't know which to get.  I want to get one to use at night for when my LO starts sleeping a little bit longer and not needing a diaper change every hour and possibly to use every once and a while during the day for some air time.  Which do you recommend the small or the medium? 
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 124 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:36am
I love Disana soakers!! I would go with Medium, but my LO's tend to grow pretty fast so by the time they are not needing to be changed through the night they are already 12 - 15#'s or so. (my rule for not needing to be changed through the night is when they stop pooping all.the.time, since at night I only change if dirty. My older 2 were around 6 weeks, my youngest was closer to 10 weeks old when that happened). I also don't mind it being a bit big for fit. During the day I never put them under clothes and at night I always sized up for PJ's so that their night fluff and wool soaker could fit.

It will arrive and look HUGE but it felts (shrinks) down a bit. YDS has been in a large since he was about 18#'s but I purchased it gently used so it was felted. I also have some xlarges (the biggest size) and my older son can wear them at night and he is 45#'s - but I didn't really felt them at all so they are still really stretchy.

Edited by Sarah2106 - 25 Apr 2012 at 9:38am
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:39am
My DS has a medium and has been wearing it since he was about 9 months (when I got it). DD has a large and she's kinda on the small side for a three year old (26lbs). Ds is 15months now and 22lbs. They are really stretchy so if you did get a medium you have a lot of play room.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
lawahine View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote lawahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:41am
http://greenmountaindiapers.com/disana.htm

They have a chart with estimates for the sizes.
Tanaya
Writer/Photographer
Wife to wonderful Ryan
Mamma to 3 fur-babies: pittie Bella (8) and kitties, Ashes (10) and Stinky (16+).
Expecting 1st human baby 9/9/12
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:49pm
My DS wears a medium - he is 8 months and 21 pounds.  He has been in it since he was like 4 months and 15 pounds though.  there is a lot of play in it - especially if you leave it unfelted like I did.  I'd say go for the bigger of the sizes you are considering.  Then again, they have excellent resale value, so if you do get a small, you will be able to sell it to finance the medium later.
Tracy
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:04pm
I have been using a medium since my baby was 4 months or so...it pulls up to her chest and is really roomy, but since we only use it at night, I don't mind the Erkel fit. It has naturally felted into my most bulletproof night cover, and I expect it to fit for a while. 
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:41am
I would say air on the larger size. DS has some and although they are roomy they still fit fantastic. They can fit bigger and still work. They are awesome!! You'll love them. They do felt up in the crotch just from wear.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply