Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

funny post on FB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
groupp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote groupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: funny post on FB
    Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 2:58am
I just had to share this since it made me chuckle tonight. Just read a post on a friends from highschool fb page talking about watching a show on TV about extreme cheapskates. She goes on to describe how a family from the show doesn't buy toilet paper.   

"Rather than toilet paper they use cloth scraps and wash them and reuse. I don't care if we are living in a van down by the river we will never give up toilet paper!"

She has like 10-12 comments on how gross that is....... Of course I just had to leave a comment myself. I think everyone already thinks I'm some ultra liberal weirdo so what the heck.   
wife, nurse, and mama to Jackson 4 y.o.

giada md
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 154 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by groupp groupp wrote:

She has like 10-12 comments on how gross that is....... Of course I just had to leave a comment myself. I think everyone already thinks I'm some ultra liberal weirdo so what the heck.   

I'm becoming more free with my comments about stuff like this, too. I had a friend tell me she would eat beans and rice forever so she could keep buying disposables if it came down to it.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 86 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:40am

Now I admit before joining the Pin I probably would have thought the same way and thought people were crazy, but now I am much more willing to check out new ideas.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 12 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Sarah2106 Sarah2106 wrote:

Now I admit before joining the Pin I probably would have thought the same way and thought people were crazy, but now I am much more willing to check out new ideas.

Me too.  Before joining the pin I would never have even considered using cloth for toilet paper. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:23am
 Yeah I don't admit that I use family cloth to most people.  I'm pretty open about most of my "odd" choices, but that one's harder to discuss for some reason
lawahine View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote lawahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:44am
I'm seriously looking into becoming a total cloth household.

It's nice finding a place where you can find like minded people!
Tanaya
Writer/Photographer
Wife to wonderful Ryan
Mamma to 3 fur-babies: pittie Bella (8) and kitties, Ashes (10) and Stinky (16+).
Expecting 1st human baby 9/9/12
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 6 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:02pm
even AFTER i joined the pin i was sceptical about family cloth. but then, once i realized it isn't all that weird or gross i switched and haven't looked back!

people have all kinds of nasty things to say about what we here at the pin deem normal.

so, what WAS your comment??? and, did anybody say anything after that?

what do people think humans USED to do before tp? and that was before washing machines im sure. i wonder how people would feel handwashing butt rags? LOL
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 154 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by mommyjessica mommyjessica wrote:

what do people think humans USED to do before tp? and that was before washing machines im sure. i wonder how people would feel handwashing butt rags? LOL

And menstrual cloth! I actually handwashed all my FC last year during the flats challenge. Kinda gross, but poop is waaay low on the list of things that gross me out now
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 154 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by lawahine lawahine wrote:

Do it! It's pretty great, but you will become a weirdo in the real world for sure
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 12 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

Originally posted by lawahine lawahine wrote:

Do it! It's pretty great, but you will become a weirdo in the real world for sure

I agree.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be or that big of a deal.  I had a huge stack of kitchen towels in the closet from our wedding that we hadn't even started using yet.  Added those to the rotation and we were good to go.  I picked up some cheap wash clothes at walmart for napkins.  DH thought I was/am nuts but he just goes with it.  I don't even think I talked about it with him first.  Just stopped buying paper stuff.  I still do TP for DH and guests but he doesn't use that much.  Just me using FC has really cut down on the amount of TP we buy.

I do keep a roll of paper towels around for bacon grease and for if/when the dog pukes inside. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 51 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:35pm
So how did your comment go down??

The Pin introduced me to mama cloth and family cloth and at first I wondered what kind of strange group I had joined .  But now I am getting bold enough to share my mama cloth love with others and try to venture into family cloth myself! 
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
lawahine View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote lawahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Clare_S Clare_S wrote:

YES!
Tanaya
Writer/Photographer
Wife to wonderful Ryan
Mamma to 3 fur-babies: pittie Bella (8) and kitties, Ashes (10) and Stinky (16+).
lawahine View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote lawahine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:40pm
I switched from paper napkins to cloth about two months ago. I never used paper towels except for pet puke and grease too.

For those of you using cloth instead of tp. Do you just keep a wet bag near by? How many do keep in stock.

I think it would be easier to cloth tp once LO is here since we will be doing more laundry anyway.
Tanaya
Writer/Photographer
Wife to wonderful Ryan
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 6 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:16pm
I keep a step trash can on one side with a sign that says "cloth diapers only" on pretty paper and completely raped over with packing tape. Trash can on the other side. The changing area is in the other bathroom with the wet bag in a basket. I keep stacks of wipes on top of the toilet. It work for us. I think I have six dozen 4x8 size wipes. I usually use two but that size is good for tiffany. Less wipe to hang down to the toilet water.
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 154 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:18pm
I have a basket on the toilet to hold the wipes and a wet bag with 2 snapping straps that hangs on my TP holder. It has a zipper that we use if there are guests in the house.
 Post Reply Post Reply