Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

Sling Pic (Finally!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldenEmpress View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 308 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoldenEmpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sling Pic (Finally!)
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:40pm
Here's the finished sling:
~Elizabeth

Daughter of the King of Kings, wife to an amazing man(6/12/04), mother of DS(7/11), and furkids Charlotte (6/05) & Athena (5/07)k
Sponsored Links

northwind View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(18)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 227 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:17pm
Oooh, pretty!  Nice work!
Katie
Mama to Sylvia (6.5), Penelope (5),and Rosalie (2)k <a hre
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 170 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:19pm
I love the fabric you picked!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
SouthEastMomma View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(2)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 50 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote SouthEastMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:43pm
so pretty!
Lauren
Married to Jeremiah
Mom to Oscar (9), Archer (6), Odin & Hugo (2)
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 107 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:45pm
So nice!! I hope you'll enjoy wearing ds!
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 302 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:48pm
Very nice.
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:50pm
love that fabric!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(59)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 249 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:24pm
That's gorgeous!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 258 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 9:22pm
Oh, that is gorgeous!!! Great job.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 256 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:03pm
That's beautiful! I've contemplated a sling for quick trips... hmmm.... now you have me more motivated!

Renee
Wife to K ~ 06/05
SAHM to JJ (ODS)~08/07, ME (ODD)~05/09, LG (YDD)~04/11, DA (YDS)~12/12!!

Pampered Chef anyone?
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 205 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:06pm
Love the fabric! 
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
P'incredible
P'incredible

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 308 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoldenEmpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:35pm
Thanks ladies!  It's really nice for when you're running into a store really quick or a store where there aren't carts.  So much easier on my wrists this way.  It turned out far better than I thought it was going to happily.
~Elizabeth

Daughter of the King of Kings, wife to an amazing man(6/12/04), mother of DS(7/11), and furkids Charlotte (6/05) & Athena (5/07)k
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:42pm
Oh it's so pretty!! Great job :)
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 148 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:04pm
Beautiful!
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 232 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:09pm
Wow! That is seriously gorgeous! Hmmm... Now you have me contemplating a sling... One of my mommy groups is having a baby wearing meeting tomorrow night, I hope they have a sling to try!
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
P'incredible
P'incredible

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 308 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoldenEmpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:22pm
Meghan, you should definitely try one out!  There's a little bit of a learning curve to getting it adjusted just right and comfortable, but it's fairly easy.  This is my first one and I made it in a toddler width since DS isn't exactly little anymore and it works out great!

The fabric is a linen/cotten blend and came from Joann's.  It wasn't exactly cheap, but I wanted something in a print not a solid cause I think it helps hide the wrinkles.Tongue  Oh and I used this website as a guide:

I had to tweak the instructions slightly being that I made it toddler width, but all in all a very easy project that if you can use a sewing machine at all is totally doable.
~Elizabeth

gourami View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:54pm
That turned out great! I love the fabric, I have a purse in the same fabric that I got from Target a few years ago!

Edited to fix "smart" phone auto correct fail.

Edited by gourami - 27 Apr 2012 at 12:00am
Amy, married to Josh (2002), mommy to Amelia (2011) giada md
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 129 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 11:04pm
oh wow great job!!!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply