Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Need a kick in the pants!!!! Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymamaof2 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 317 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a kick in the pants!!!! Help!!!
    Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:21am
I was just reading my personal challenge blog, which I started back in October. My goals at the beginning were to run/exercise 5 days a week, which I have been doing, but my weight is making me so frustrated!!!! I maintain a fairly healthy diet, but back n October, I was 131 lbs. I have put on around 6 lbs, and I am not sure how or why. It is not muscle because my clothes feel tighter, and not in a good way.

I know I need to drink more water, because somedays I am really good about it, and others I am not. I am starting to wonder if I should have the Dr. Check for hypothyroidism?? I am extremely cold all the time, fatigued all the time, gaining weight even though I am exercising, get dizzy easily, etc.

Any advice, tips, motivational words?

Thanks for listening!!
Mama to Ryan (1/06). Katelyn (3/07), and BIG BOY Gavin (4/13)
Sponsored Links

mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 10:45am
Hmmm, sounds like me. Although I have not been exercising as much as you! Thyroid trouble runs in my family.

I don't know if you could try weight watchers online or something just to track what you are really eating. I think Jenny had a calorie counter sort of thing in one of her threads. I'm sure there is something free online. For me, I've been thinking I should do this and I feel the same as you, that I eat pretty healthy, but there must be something that I've programmed myself to think it is healthy, which either is not, or I eat too much of it.

Or maybe even just a food journal, so when you go to the doc you have some data to look at. In fact take all your weights and exercise logs too, cause I bet that's the first thing s/he is going to get you to do, then ask you to come back later. Definitely go to the doc!
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
 Post Reply Post Reply