Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

winged prefolds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winged prefolds
    Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 10:38pm
i'm just wondering if anyone has any,tried any or has advice about them? i've mainly used prefolds,i have tried some recieving blankets/flower sack towels i had in the kitchen just to c what flats were like the lo has outgrown current prefolds so trying to decide if i should get flats,bigger prefolds or try some winged prefolds?? any in put wpuld b appreciated :)
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 155 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 10:50pm
I have not tried winged PF's but I tried flats almost 3.5 years ago (about 6 months into CDing) and I fell in love with them.

I love that I can fold them into the perfect size/shape for each child. I also like that I can have a more triangle fold with nice long wings to wrap around baby. I had a tough time with PF's because I had round babies

IMO receiving blankets work, but real flats work so much better. I tried out receiving blankets when my flats were on order but when I got my flats I finally "got it" I have been using the same flats that I ordered 3.5 years ago and they are going strong. My sister also fell in love with flats and set all her PF's aside. The Nappy Lady has great info and folding instructions.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 11:14pm
The only winged PFs I've used are Megaroos ETPFs. I loved them! Once DS was mobile though I gave up on PFs. But I'm thinking I might need some for the newbie!
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 69 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 9:08am
I like flats over winger pf'ds. Easier to get on the baby and IMO just as absorbent. (And cheaper)
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:13pm
thanks i think im gonna get a few real flats :)
Originally posted by Sarah2106 Sarah2106 wrote:

I have not tried winged PF's but I tried flats almost 3.5 years ago (about 6 months into CDing) and I fell in love with them.

I love that I can fold them into the perfect size/shape for each child. I also like that I can have a more triangle fold with nice long wings to wrap around baby. I had a tough time with PF's because I had round babies

IMO receiving blankets work, but real flats work so much better. I tried out receiving blankets when my flats were on order but when I got my flats I finally "got it" I have been using the same flats that I ordered 3.5 years ago and they are going strong. My sister also fell in love with flats and set all her PF's aside. The Nappy Lady has great info and folding instructions.

kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:14pm
bree i just got a good deal on a megaroo on spots im gonna give it a try :) its a cute print to and im a sucker for that lol
Originally posted by bree bree wrote:

The only winged PFs I've used are Megaroos ETPFs. I loved them! Once DS was mobile though I gave up on PFs. But I'm thinking I might need some for the newbie!
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:15pm
thanks and ya def cheaper is always good :)
Originally posted by MamaKikow MamaKikow wrote:

I like flats over winger pf'ds. Easier to get on the baby and IMO just as absorbent. (And cheaper)
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm
I made some faux Megaroos for Chloe when she was little. They were much more flexible than a standard prefold for fastening. Because they're made in knit fabrics, you get a nice, tight fit and the wings increase the range. Despite how great they are/seem, however, I just never really reached for them. 
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
kcanstef View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcanstef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:24pm
really? so whats ur favorite? flats?pad foold? for a 4month old??
Originally posted by littlehands littlehands wrote:

I made some faux Megaroos for Chloe when she was little. They were much more flexible than a standard prefold for fastening. Because they're made in knit fabrics, you get a nice, tight fit and the wings increase the range. Despite how great they are/seem, however, I just never really reached for them. 

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:36am
I have some Megaroos extended tab prefolds. They're nice in concept but really hard to snappi so we don't use them much. I think the'd be awesome if I could pin.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:48am
My favorite thing for a 4mo is a origami folded GMD flat (size small/or large depending on where we're going or what we're doing). There is nothing that holds the poo in better, or fits their wee little bunz better than that. For some reason I've always been able to get the legs tighter on flats than on PFs too. I do like PFs though, especially for my DH or if I just want to pad fold. I'd say get a dozen on each and call it happiness. 
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
 Post Reply Post Reply