Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

Mod Podge!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 148 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mod Podge!
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:40pm
I think I could get really addicted to using mod podge to decoupage everything! lol!
I made an earring holder for my mom for her birthday.  The frame was from the dollar store, and it was ugly, so I covered it by using the mod podge and batik fabric - then added screen to hold the earrings.
I also covered my phone protector (used my phone to take the pic, so I couldn't take an action shot).  
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
Sponsored Links

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:45pm
OMB I know! I'm always looking around thinkin' "what can I mod podge?!" Great job btw!
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 130 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:48pm
i love this stuff. love the earring holder too!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 261 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:57pm
Nice!!!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 304 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 2:37am
Very cool earring holder.  And I might want to do that with my phone cover.  I just broke open the bottle to make some magazine beads at dd's party.  When I was a kid we used it to gover big cylindrical cardboard ice cream bins to make cute trash bins for our rooms.  I have seen it used to cover shoes with fabric. 
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 207 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:13am
How fun! I have never done it, but I could see how it could be addictive.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 275 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:52am
What a neat gift! When we were little, one of our babysitters would always bring a puzzle and a jar of mod podge. We would do the puzzle, then modpodge it and hang it up :)
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
TattooedMama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote TattooedMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:05am
Cool projects! I absolutely love mod podge. I'm always making silly little projects.
Ricci, mama to DS 4/06 and little bean 12/12 giada md
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(25)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 128 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:35am
Awesome! I love them both and the cell holder fabric is pretty! Did you tack down the fabric at all on the frame?

I used mod podge (there's a recipe to make it on pinterest) to cover an ugly plastic stacking bin with scrapbook paper. So much prettier now. The possibilities are endless!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 148 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 1:26pm
Jessica - I laid the frame down on the fabric and traced out the inside with a chalk pencil to see where to cut it.  Then I cut the outside large enough to wrap it around the sides of the frame.  painted the frame with the mod podge laid the fabric on the front and wrapped around the sides - had to snip the corners and overlap to get it to lay flat.  Then topped it off with a couple coats of the mod podge.
 Cool about the recipe, I'll have to get that!

k
catadese View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 62 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:07pm
Very cute!  I love mod podge, but I hate the smell.  It makes me sick.
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 148 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by catadese catadese wrote:

Very cute!  I love mod podge, but I hate the smell.  It makes me sick.
It is pretty yucky, but at least it fades away when it dries.

k
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 233 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:10am
Wow!  They turned out great!!!
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
 Post Reply Post Reply